Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 09:59 AM

655 posts, read 1,983,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainWhite View Post
That is incorrect. You can absolutely take BART from Rockridge to Berkeley. You ride the BART one stop to MacArthur and switch there to the Richmond line. Rockridge to Berkeley should take only about 20 minutes. Easy peasy.
Right, but what I said was that the Rockridge BART line itself does not go to Berkeley--you can double back to MacArthur and transfer, but the bus is generally faster. In contrast, the BART station for much of Elmwood (Ashby) is on the direct line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2017, 10:27 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis78 View Post
Right, but what I said was that the Rockridge BART line itself does not go to Berkeley--you can double back to MacArthur and transfer, but the bus is generally faster. In contrast, the BART station for much of Elmwood (Ashby) is on the direct line.
Ashby BART is a hike from Elmwood. Rockridge BART is closer for many, but then you have to roll the dice in the transfer. They are generally timed at MacArthur heading to Berkeley.

Old 04-08-2017, 10:53 AM

102,209 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainWhite View Post
That is incorrect. You can absolutely take BART from Rockridge to Berkeley. You ride the BART one stop to MacArthur and switch there to the Richmond line. Rockridge to Berkeley should take only about 20 minutes. Easy peasy.
I'm not going to get on BART and go to Oakland in order to get to Berkeley. Not going to happen. I'd just grab one of the 3 bus lines passing by on College Ave. to get to downtown Berkeley, if I lived in Elmwood. And I'd get there faster, too. By a few minutes.

Old 04-08-2017, 10:55 AM

655 posts, read 1,983,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Ashby BART is a hike from Elmwood. Rockridge BART is closer for many, but then you have to roll the dice in the transfer. They are generally timed at MacArthur heading to Berkeley.
Ashby is actually a pretty easy walk from the Telegraph side of Elmwood. (I used to live there and did that walk regularly--it's a 10-15 minute walk, a little over half a mile or a bit more depending on where in the neighborhood you live.) On the College side Rockridge is the closer station but both are close to a mile, and you'd probably make up the difference of the slightly longer walk with the time spent transferring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland