Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 01:40 PM

911 posts, read 590,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
Unfortunately for you, you're wrong. I actually did want to know why people stick around even with the negatives mentioned. Just because you took offense & think I meant something one way, when I actually meant another, doesn't make you correct
Greg, you have no statement of offense from this end of the conversation from which to make that evaluation. What you have are observations of your clear rhetoric. Not the slightest indication from you yet that you want to know why people "stick around" the Bay.

And getting worse by the post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 02:02 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,323,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleysOwl View Post
Greg, you have no statement of offense from this end of the conversation from which to make that evaluation. What you have are observations of your clear rhetoric. Not the slightest indication from you yet that you want to know why people "stick around" the Bay.

And getting worse by the post.
The original post by myself , through all the negatives I listed that I have noticed here, I then proceeded to ask why people actually like it here.

I can openly and gladly admit that I did indeed throw some "harsh" words in there, possibly with the intent to pi$$ people off. It obviously worked.

But through all this, I did indeed want to know the reasons people deal with this place. You're assuming what I meant, when in reality assuming doesn't guarantee anything. As you like to point out, me assuming people are negative, blah blah blah but I could be wrong based on the small number compared to the actual population, blah blah blah.

Considering you indeed aren't the one who posted this thread, and I did, I know the intent in which was meant. You assuming or thinking you know, is just not accurate. So thanks...but no thanks (See what I did there?)

Old 04-19-2017, 02:23 PM

911 posts, read 590,599 times
Quote:
The original post by myself , through all the negatives I listed that I have noticed here, I then proceeded to ask why people actually like it here.

I can openly and gladly admit that I did indeed throw some "harsh" words in there, possibly with the intent to pi$$ people off. It obviously worked.

But through all this, I did indeed want to know the reasons people deal with this place. You're assuming what I meant, when in reality assuming doesn't guarantee anything. As you like to point out, me assuming people are negative, blah blah blah but I could be wrong based on the small number compared to the actual population, blah blah blah.

Considering you indeed aren't the one who posted this thread, and I did, I know the intent in which was meant. You assuming or thinking you know, is just not accurate. So thanks...but no thanks (See what I did there?)
Greg, you have admitted several times now intentionally insulting the Bay. With "intent to pi$$people off." Your own words. You were asked several times by several posters what your interest was in posting this thread. Other than claiming "interest to know" you havent once answered for your effort with any discussion - other than to further inflame with additional insults. There isnt a single instance of you engaging "to know".

Old 04-19-2017, 02:54 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,641,430 times
Quote:
The thing is, you're actually correct. Even though I might have been a a$$ during the initial post, I did ultimately want to know the reasoning people stayed and liked it.
If you don't like where you're at and plan to move, that's fine and everyone should respect that, but why do you even care about the part in bold?

Old 04-19-2017, 03:01 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
I came here to point out obvious problems that anyone should be able to see, and wanted to see why people tolerate such crappy problems.
Now that I have successfully done so, and managed to **** people off in the process is just gravy on my taters. It's also good to see that there are actually others who notice this is place is not so golden.
Success, success, and more success
nah..your post was not meant to be instructive or constructive, you just wanted to crap on California, probably because you can't afford to live here. But hey, it's not a state for everyone (thank God) Try SW Missouri, I hear it's real cheap and there's not many homeless people, when one shows up the old timers use them for target practice

Old 04-19-2017, 03:02 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
The thing is, you're actually correct. Even though I might have been a a$$ during the initial post, I did ultimately want to know the reasoning people stayed and liked it.
How about this: It's home.

I'm born and raised in the Bay Area and much of my family is here. I left it for awhile and came back. I appreciate it more now, even with the warts and all.

Simple. As. That.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:04 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
I'm born and raised in the Bay Area and much of my family is here. I left it for awhile and came back. I appreciate it more that I've left it, even with the warts and all.
Simple. As. That.
same here

Old 04-19-2017, 03:09 PM

711 posts, read 687,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post

I'm born and raised in the Bay Area and much of my family is here. I left it for awhile and came back. I appreciate it more now, even with the warts and all.

Simple. As. That.
Make that three of us. Actually not a Bay Area native but both hubby and I are California natives.

I have to say for me personally the question of what I enjoy about the Bay area is a MUCH different question than what I enjoy about California. There are things I don't love about the Bay area but the upsides have been enough to keep us here for 30 years. The things I didn't love about other areas in CA have become less of an issue for us. We've changed and the places have changed.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:15 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,641,430 times
I'm a native Southern Californian, and we get the same thing in the SoCal forums...someone moving here from wherever, complaining about everything, can't wait to move......

My response is usually, what's keeping you? We didn't invite you!

Old 04-19-2017, 03:26 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,323,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
nah..your post was not meant to be instructive or constructive, you just wanted to crap on California, probably because you can't afford to live here. But hey, it's not a state for everyone (thank God) Try SW Missouri, I hear it's real cheap and there's not many homeless people, when one shows up the old timers use them for target practice
You don't need me to crap on California, the homeless beat me to that a long time ago judging by the filth here.

If I couldn't afford it, I wouldn't have came here in the first place. I'm super comfortable with my finances, even with all the outrageous prices. I'm able to do just about anything/everything I would like to, without worry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland