Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 10:16 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
There you go Ruth. And this is typical. Happened with both Bushes and Reagan.
How/where did it happen? I'm related to quite a few Reaganites, and they never encountered any trouble in the Bay Area. They didn't wear Reagan flags on their sleeves. How would anyone have known their politics, outside of their circle of friends and relatives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 11:05 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,323,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I didn't really take offense as I don't really care whether you like it or not, people complain about the Bay Area all the time. I'm from here but don't really "love" the Bay Area, just make the best of it as I have no plans to leave. But your post was pretty narrow minded, hyperbolic in parts (crime everywhere, poverty out of control, etc...), then you end it with a catty dig. It's fairly rude and easily could have been presented in a more objective manner. Perhaps this is how people from Kentucky communicate; with little tact or class.

On top of this you're still throwing your little digs ("..but everyone can have an opinion (except here of course, because if you aren't liberal, you're wrong)." I don't know how you expect some sort of civil discourse/discussion when continue to be catty and insulting.
This is hilarious! The Bay Area is full of the most narrow minded, rude, stuck up individuals I have ever met/been around in my entire life! There are no such things as manners, or politeness here. Everyone is all about themselves.

Where I'm from, if you're short a couple dollars to get something at the gas station, no big deal, the person behind you will help out because that's what it's about, paying it forward and looking out for eachother. I miss that more than anything! I rarely find myself having a decent conversation in this area, because I'm "Southern" and get comments on my accent all the time and automatically become a redneck to most people, which is fine. I am proud to be from "the country".

There is no such thing as a civil discussion, as all the other posts prove in this discussion already.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
The Bay Area isn't for you and you figured it out relatively quickly. It sounds like you were happier back in KY, so a midwest move would make a lot of sense. I wish you luck and nothing but the very best.

With that said, these "I HATE the Bay Area AND I'M LEAVING, but why do other people like it so much???" posts are pretty silly. Obviously people stay here because of the weather, high salaries, great access to the outdoors, and relative diversity. It's just not everyone's cup of tea, and that's not really surprising.

You couldn't pay me to move back to NC or the South. The things people LOVE about it (traditional, religious, family oriented, conservative, etc) are the exact reason why I'm glad I left.

Cut your losses and move on and be glad you had the experience, for whatever it was worth. Life is short, so enjoy the rest of yours elsewhere where it's a much better fit.

I'm grateful for the opportunity and experiences I've had here thus far. I've seen so much that's not possible in Kentucky and have enjoyed it.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:25 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,631,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
This is hilarious! The Bay Area is full of the most narrow minded, rude, stuck up individuals I have ever met/been around in my entire life! There are no such things as manners, or politeness here. Everyone is all about themselves.

Where I'm from, if you're short a couple dollars to get something at the gas station, no big deal, the person behind you will help out because that's what it's about, paying it forward and looking out for eachother. I miss that more than anything! I rarely find myself having a decent conversation in this area, because I'm "Southern" and get comments on my accent all the time and automatically become a redneck to most people, which is fine. I am proud to be from "the country".

There is no such thing as a civil discussion, as all the other posts prove in this discussion already.
Great deflection not addressing anything I said really. Clearly still oblivious to why you're thread is going the way it is, either that or you just don't want to admit how you've come off. "Hilarious" indeed.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:37 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,482,823 times
Quote:

Blah blah blah

Just be sure to leave your apt in good condition.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:07 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
Quote:
So, very different from you, who have been nothing but kind, understanding, respectful, open-minded, non-judgmental and gracious.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:08 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Blah blah blah

Just be sure to leave your apt in good condition.
Wanna bet he'll still come back to this forum, after he's gone back to the land he lubs?

They never really leave. They hate leaving their salaries behind them along with their dreams of the future they expected to be not only lucrative, but without any trade-offs.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Wanna bet he'll still come back to this forum, after he's gone back to the land he lubs?

They never really leave. They hate leaving their salaries behind them along with their dreams of the future they expected to be not only lucrative, but without any trade-offs.
I'm willing to bet anything & everything that I'll never return to this section of the forum once I have indeed left this area. There would be nothing for me here, and frankly, there's nothing to make me want to return.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesdeen View Post
Where you're from it's full of hicks and horses. 'nuff said. Enjoy the meth and poverty epidemic, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Hicks & horses vs Liberals & A$$holes

I'll gladly spend my time with hicks & horses. I'll also enjoy my affordability, ability to own land, guns, and have decent people around me. You can keep the crime, the poverty, homeless, and pee/crap covered sidewalks.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:15 PM

51 posts, read 75,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland