Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 03:42 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the happy guy View Post
I don't have to make it about sexism. This is whole issue is about sexism. I'm pointing out certain tendencies to relegate a woman's role to that of a stepford wife. (Be seen and not heard, Know your role tropes)

Many people (players, team owners, former officials, sports columnists) have all said things similar to Ayesha's tweet, yet it is their ideas that are dismissed, not the person. So the problem was not Ayesha's tweet, it was the fact she even had an opinion.

Steph threw his mouth guard and cursed out a referee. Kerr criticized the referees and defended Steph's actions. Yet is was Ayesha - also coming to the defense of her husband- that gets reminded that she represents her husband and his organization, and that her behavior is out of line from some supposed etiquette. She's called obnoxious, offensive, attention seeking, needs to shut up, naggity. That Steph and Kerr are not representative of themselves, but she is of them. The uproar was not from Steph and Kerr's actions, but that Ayesha had something to say. This reflects a culture of relegating the role of a woman, and conditioning masculinity in the NBA.

When you say someone's wife tweeted something obnoxious and offensive about his company, the implication is that the husband could be harmed by it, a la finances.

And sorry, reverse roles is a tone deaf argument. And how I would feel in a similar situation is not analogous to the!
No it's not about sexism, it's about obnoxious and innapropiate conduct of a spouse/close family member. It's the same thing with LaVar ball. He needs to shut up and stop embarrassing his kids. Do you think what he is doing is appropriate behavior? If not is that sexism too?

"Many people" as in people that work or have worked in the industry? What a terrible comparison. Any other spouses/close family members of players?

And no criticizing Ayesh's behavior doesn't imply it will affect her husband financially at all. If I thought so I would have said that. Stop assuming things.

It's pretty telling how you keep refusing to answer how you would feel if your spouse publicly criticized your company and people that work there.

Last edited by sav858; 05-05-2017 at 03:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2017, 03:48 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,323,649 times
Quote:
Right, and likewise, perhaps you should read through the posts again, as someone did mention it
But I am not that someone, therefor you're quoting the wrong person, and by that, your Durant comment didn't make any sense as to what I have said.

Thanks

Old 05-05-2017, 05:53 PM

1,156 posts, read 986,386 times
Quote:
I don't have to make it about sexism. This is whole issue is about sexism. I'm pointing out certain tendencies to relegate a woman's role to that of a stepford wife. (Be seen and not heard, stay in your place tropes)

Many people (players, team owners, former officials, sports columnists) have all said things similar to Ayesha's tweet, yet it is their ideas that are dismissed, not the person. So the problem was not Ayesha's tweet, it was the fact she even had an opinion.

Steph threw his mouth guard and cursed out a referee. Kerr criticized the referees and defended Steph's actions. Yet is was Ayesha - also coming to the defense of her husband- that gets reminded that she represents her husband and his organization, and that her behavior is out of line from some supposed etiquette. She's called obnoxious, offensive, attention seeking, needs to shut up, naggity. That Steph and Kerr are not representative of themselves, but she is of them. The uproar was not from Steph and Kerr's actions, but that Ayesha had something to say. This reflects a culture of relegating the role of a woman, and conditioning masculinity in the NBA.

When you say someone's wife tweeted something obnoxious and offensive about his company, the implication is that the husband could be harmed by it, a la finances.

And sorry, reverse roles is a tone deaf argument. And how I would feel in a similar situation is not analogous to the NBA..

Actually, he has everything to do with what you said about the emotions of Warriors fans after losing the finals. Call it a pick me up. Thanks!
Yet again you lack reading comprehension. It had nothing to do with her being a woman. Close family member. The actions of Steve Kerr and curry were fine. They're players. It's the jokers like speights who started talking trash about the best player in the league and Thompson as well. Sorry that those stupid a-- comments woke the giant up last year. draymond even had the right to talk trash after the incident since it was about him during play. Go back and read again and maybe you can figure it out.

Sav mentioned Lavar Ball. It's not Lonzo's mother spouting crap. It's the man. Yes he is a fool. A guy who couldn't make it in his own try at sports and pushes and pushes his kids and is an obnoxious jagof as Cuban would say.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:32 AM

3,814 posts, read 4,006,587 times
She's a baketball wife. Her role is to shut up, look pretty, and not speak.

She's a total diva with obvious daddy issues. She craves attention that dad never gave her.

I feel sorry for Steph. But alas, it's the bay area. Where even basketball wives boss their men around. Hahaha beta male bay area. Can't wait to see BronBron punk the whole warriors team again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland