Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 05:48 PM

45 posts, read 37,216 times

Advertisements

Why are you here? Most of you who have left, left it because you claimed to hate it or it was too liberal or some other reason. Yet you keep coming in here adding your miserable , I'm mad I'm in a better place now comments. Sounds to me like you're mad you couldn't afford the area and really wish you could live here. I know after I left School in Louisville, KY I feel and felt no need to bash the city after I was gone even though I hated the place. I'm not on the Louisville forum even though I spent 4 years there. What's your purpose here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 06:04 PM

882 posts, read 685,011 times
Post away, folks. I love hearing viewpoints from people that have left here and can gives their thoughts (good or bad) about the new area they live in.

I'm thinking Oakcity isn't the King of the forum.

This is why we have a forum (not to censor others). I believe it's within the code of conduct as long as it relates to SF and it's surrounding area.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:19 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,769,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
Post away, folks. I love hearing viewpoints from people that have left here and can gives their thoughts (good or bad) about the new area they live in.

I'm thinking Oakcity isn't the King of the forum.

This is why we have a forum (not to censor others). I believe it's within the code of conduct as long as it relates to SF and it's surrounding area.
He was not censoring them but asking their motivation. I also think it is odd to keep posting on a sight about an area you left years ago especially if you did not enjoy your time there . Most people would not do that.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:21 PM

128,316 posts, read 11,845,016 times
I post here occasionally, as I lived there for over 30 years, & still love the city. We had to move, as we retired & needed somewhere cheaper. But I hold no animosity.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:28 PM

39 posts, read 45,129 times
I left two years ago, for many of the reasons people complain about. Mainly because our kids middle school tuition was so high and high school would be even higher (we also wanted to live on a Bahamian island, which we are now doing). However, I still have several properties in Oakland and like to keep in touch with what is going on. This site is one of many ways to do that. I might move back for a year or two when the kids are in college....

Old 05-08-2017, 08:06 PM

10,307 posts, read 8,469,695 times
I still come back to visit friends and family. I would say I have more rights to post in Ca forums than the OP as I have lived here way longer than they have and seen a lot more. Those of us that have been around can compare Ca as it has changed. I have also explored many parts of Ca by car and seen parts they probably have not. I only have been away for a year and a half. Maybe someday I will come back to Ca. But I have to say living in another state allows me to step back and look at Ca from a different perspective.
What I find is interesting is how some Ca posters are so intolerant of other opinions and the best response they can come up with is the assumption that the out of state poster couldn't make it in Ca when in fact some are wealthier than the OP.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
He was not censoring them but asking their motivation. I also think it is odd to keep posting on a sight about an area you left years ago especially if you did not enjoy your time there . Most people would not do that.
LOL. Oh, was that what that rant was after his question? Sure thing pal.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I still come back to visit friends and family. I would say I have more rights to post in Ca forums than the OP as I have lived here way longer than they have and seen a lot more. Those of us that have been around can compare Ca as it has changed. I have also explored many parts of Ca by car and seen parts they probably have not. I only have been away for a year and a half. Maybe someday I will come back to Ca. But I have to say living in another state allows me to step back and look at Ca from a different perspective.
What I find is interesting is how some Ca posters are so intolerant of other opinions and the best response they can come up with is the assumption that the out of state poster couldn't make it in Ca when in fact some are wealthier than the OP.
Well said

Old 05-08-2017, 08:48 PM

793 posts, read 1,328,510 times
^I agree.

I haven't posted here in awhile, but it seems like each time I do, I get rep points so I must be adding something to the forum.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:51 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,210 posts, read 80,369,332 times
I post here once in a while. I was born in SF and lived in the Bay Area 40 years, went to college and graduate school there, and still have family and friends that we visit. For us it was not financial or politics. We just happened to vacation up here and loved the natural Beauty and cooler wetter weather. CA has most everything we do, but you have to drive a lot farther to get to it. Here we see mountains, rivers, lakes and woods every day on the way to work and back, and from home, just 23 miles from work in Seattle. Ocean beaches are farther away here but we are not as into that, and we have Puget sound for salt water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland