Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 05:48 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,077,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleysOwl View Post
Then there was the recent stabbing to death of two on a Portland train ...

Quote:
Police arrested 35-year-old Jeremy Joseph Christian, of north Portland. Local media reports described Christian as a “known white supremacist” in the area, and his Facebook page showed a long history of posting racist and extremist beliefs.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ec6debc2a197
... but darn if that isn't fake as well since it was reported by WaPo and CNN.
Some are reporting the guy wrote messages in support of the left:

Portland Killer Is An Anti-Circumcision, Bernie Sanders Supporter | The Daily Caller

https://medium.com/@JasonTLouis/port...r-e8a7938405c7

WaPo only reported that some Facebook page (the same one?) had right leaning messages on it. So my question is, are there two Facebook pages? If there is only one, why didn't WaPo report what the above links are claiming?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 07:21 PM

911 posts, read 590,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_317 View Post
Some are reporting the guy wrote messages in support of the left:

Portland Killer Is An Anti-Circumcision, Bernie Sanders Supporter | The Daily Caller

https://medium.com/@JasonTLouis/port...r-e8a7938405c7

WaPo only reported that some Facebook page (the same one?) had right leaning messages on it. So my question is, are there two Facebook pages? If there is only one, why didn't WaPo report what the above links are claiming?
Your sources are the Daily Caller and medium.com. Are you joking?

Here's another story from a Portland tv station. It includes avideo recording of the racist nutcase made the night before the murders while he was ranting against blacks and Muslims. Police reports confirm the recording is accurate and of the perp who they pepper sprayed that night.

VIDEO: Portland train stabbing suspect went on racist rant night before attack | NBC4i.com

Old 05-29-2017, 07:55 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,988,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
In other words, your sources are very biased and opinionated.

How about just watching the actual speeches, press conferences etc in full if you have a big opinion on these things, that's what I do and why I wasn't in shock when Trump won. All the libbies were crying, HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN, ONLY A RACIST OR BIGOT COULD SUPPORT TRUMP!!!!!!... when in reality if you would watch all his speeches and press conferences, it's clear why so many supported him over Hillary.
I have seen actual speeches, press conferences in full and YES-- it's a national embarrassment. How anyone could take Trump's illiteracy, incoherence and reality tv show "vibe" as something worthwhile, legitimate or in the least bit thoughtful or understanding of jeez---anything but ratings and $ is beyond me. He's purely incoherent and not even worthy of my time or energy anymore. A joke on us as a nation. Some don't see it---YET. When those coal mining jobs don't come back, and China is the leader in clean energy and research and Europe moves on and laughs at the toddler, and whatever healthcare that his followers depended on being "better and cheaper" becomes the opposite, then perhaps there will be some realization. But hey--a 22 billion dollar wall and travel bans and mass hysteria over brown skinned people will make this country great again, right?

So you're trying to tell me that BBC, NPR, Reuters, New York Times is all just biased now? So Breitbart and the National Enquirer? LOL. (You are aware that the ONLY newspaper in the country that endorsed this guy was the National Enquirer--LOL. ) Even conservative leaning papers like The Houston Chronicle fled from endorsing that nut. I still scratch my head over people that are willing to put our democracy and Constitution on the line over him.

Also, just as a side note (in which I'm sure you'll manage to mock somehow). I also have several conservative friends--ALL are deeply troubled and disgusted by what's going on with our democracy and country. These are all very educated, successful people. We don't always agree politically and can respectfully debate our differences over drinks (and actually come to some middle ground/understanding), but in this case--we're all on the same page. Calling me names like "libbie" just makes you seem childish and not very smart or educated. For some reason I thought you were better than that.

Oddly, people that support Trump cannot even discuss Trump without bringing up Hillary...or even Obama. Your president blames everyone else before him for whatever troubles he's facing. This to me is a very strange argument as to how wonderful, organized, curious, and intelligent our new president is. I honestly don't care about Hillary--we ALL know she lost--Most of us realize she didn't do what she needed to do to win and neglected parts of the country she shouldn't have--no doubt. Her VP pick was lame---not interesting etc... I've moved on--Democrats have too.. Why I have to keep reading her name when we're not discussing her is always telling...defense mechanism, perhaps??

BUT this is about your boy now-- no need to bring up Hillary or Obama--any mistake or dumbshi# thing Trump says isn't her fault---or Obama's. His mistakes are unfortunately our mistakes collectively as a nation and only the most ignorant will try to pin his faults on someone else.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:28 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
I have seen actual speeches, press conferences in full and YES-- it's a national embarrassment. How anyone could take Trump's illiteracy, incoherence and reality tv show "vibe" as something worthwhile, legitimate or in the least bit thoughtful or understanding of jeez---anything but ratings and $ is beyond me. He's purely incoherent and not even worthy of my time or energy anymore. A joke on us as a nation. Some don't see it---YET. When those coal mining jobs don't come back, and China is the leader in clean energy and research and Europe moves on and laughs at the toddler, and whatever healthcare that his followers depended on being "better and cheaper" becomes the opposite, then perhaps there will be some realization. But hey--a 22 billion dollar wall and travel bans and mass hysteria over brown skinned people will make this country great again, right?

So you're trying to tell me that BBC, NPR, Reuters, New York Times is all just biased now? So Breitbart and the National Enquirer? LOL. (You are aware that the ONLY newspaper in the country that endorsed this guy was the National Enquirer--LOL. ) Even conservative leaning papers like The Houston Chronicle fled from endorsing that nut. I still scratch my head over people that are willing to put our democracy and Constitution on the line over him.

Also, just as a side note (in which I'm sure you'll manage to mock somehow). I also have several conservative friends--ALL are deeply troubled and disgusted by what's going on with our democracy and country. These are all very educated, successful people. We don't always agree politically and can respectfully debate our differences over drinks (and actually come to some middle ground/understanding), but in this case--we're all on the same page. Calling me names like "libbie" just makes you seem childish and not very smart or educated. For some reason I thought you were better than that.

Oddly, people that support Trump cannot even discuss Trump without bringing up Hillary...or even Obama. Your president blames everyone else before him for whatever troubles he's facing. This to me is a very strange argument as to how wonderful, organized, curious, and intelligent our new president is. I honestly don't care about Hillary--we ALL know she lost--Most of us realize she didn't do what she needed to do to win and neglected parts of the country she shouldn't have--no doubt. Her VP pick was lame---not interesting etc... I've moved on--Democrats have too.. Why I have to keep reading her name when we're not discussing her is always telling...defense mechanism, perhaps??

BUT this is about your boy now-- no need to bring up Hillary or Obama--any mistake or dumbshi# thing Trump says isn't her fault---or Obama's. His mistakes are unfortunately our mistakes collectively as a nation and only the most ignorant will try to pin his faults on someone else.
I was a Trump supporter and will admit that I am largely disenchanted. Nonetheless, I remain hopeful.

The Russian thing is a media ruse, but what concerns me about Trump is his inability to shut his mouth, and, worse yet, to utter thoughts that have not been thought through. This is a poor trait. Moreover, I am deeply concerned about Ivanka and Jarod's roles in this administration. I hate it. It stinks. But then again, I would have detested Clinton too who no doubt would have had Bubba and even Chelsea acting as her surrogates. We need to stop this crap from happening again.

As for the BBC, NPR, Reuters, New York Times, yes -- all very biased and have been for a very long time. If you fail to see it, that's your problem.

Oh and HRC didn't lose because her VP pick was "lame". I would be willing to bet 85% of voters don't even know who he was/is. She was a carpet bagger who deserved nothing whose charisma and energy levels were as the faint heartbeat of a dying patient.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I was a Trump supporter and will admit that I am largely disenchanted. Nonetheless, I remain hopeful. ...

The Russian thing is a media ruse, but what concerns me about Trump is his inability to shut his mouth, and, worse yet, to utter thoughts that have not been thought through. This is a poor trait. ...

As for the BBC, NPR, Reuters, New York Times, yes -- all very biased and have been for a very long time. If you fail to see it, that's your problem. ...

Oh and HRC didn't lose because her VP pick was "lame". I would be willing to bet 85% of voters don't even know who he was/is.
You "remain hopeful" based on what?

You failed to noticed those traits of Chump's (inability to shut his mouth, and, worse yet, to utter thoughts that have not been thought through) - which have been plain as his phony hair bouffant since his entire life - how?

85% of voters not knowing HRC's VP pick's name (whatever it was) doesn't spell "lame" to you?

You must be joking. None of the above was obvious to you - but "media bias is?" Right.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:17 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
It's funny how the DNC essentially rigged the primary in favor of Hillary and are now wondering why they lost as a party... very crooked!

Old 05-29-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
It's funny how the DNC essentially rigged the primary in favor of Hillary and are now wondering why they lost as a party... very crooked!
It's also completely irrelevant to the thread topic and to the tangential secondary conversations.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:
You "remain hopeful" based on what?

You failed to noticed those traits of Chump's (inability to shut his mouth, and, worse yet, to utter thoughts that have not been thought through) - which have been plain as his phony hair bouffant since his entire life - how?

85% of voters not knowing HRC's VP pick's name (whatever it was) doesn't spell "lame" to you?

You must be joking. None of the above was obvious to you - but "media bias is?" Right.
Reading comprehension?

Old 05-29-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Your sources are the Daily Caller and medium.com. Are you joking?

Here's another story from a Portland tv station. It includes avideo recording of the racist nutcase made the night before the murders while he was ranting against blacks and Muslims. Police reports confirm the recording is accurate and of the perp who they pepper sprayed that night.

VIDEO: Portland train stabbing suspect went on racist rant night before attack | NBC4i.com
I guess you folks disregard evidence out of hand by virtue of the name of the news source. Did you fail to see that there is a screen shot of the killer's facebook support for the Bern?

When you're white, you don't know what it means to be poor.

-Bernie Sanders

Old 05-29-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Reading comprehension?
Reading comprehension what? You wrote HRC's loss had nothing to do with her VP pick, and then went on to say you bet 85% of her voters didn't even know who the VP pick was. While agreeing her loss was about her and not her VP, the fact she picked someone so lifeless in the public's eyes sure didn't help ... and had she made a sensational pick - oh say someone who better appealed to the working class voters in the few states that flipped the election, yeah, it might have made the difference.
Quote:
I guess you folks disregard evidence out of hand by virtue of the name of the news source. Did you fail to see that there is a screen shot of the killer's facebook support for the Bern?
A screen shot from one of the nation's most notoriously unreliable extreme right wing sources? Yes, without additional verification it should be dismissed.

Did you miss the police verification of the cell phone video of the killer's anti-muslim / racist rants and threats from the previous night when they had to mace the guy?

Like you somehow missed Chump's life-long inability to shut his mouth or think before he speaks?

News "sources" that don't provide verifications and whose news is not similarly reported in multiple venues - suck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland