Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 10:09 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,276,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I hope to get educated regarding free speech and, say, yelling fire, you know, that sophomoric understanding of free speech.
I thought I had you on "ignore" after that crazy false flag post you wrote yesterday, but I suppose not. Easy fix though.

Old 08-17-2017, 10:15 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,139,459 times
And that is supposed to concern me?

Old 08-18-2017, 01:43 AM

3,244 posts, read 6,298,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why SF?
That is obvious. They are now famous and got on prime time cable news. If they had the event in Tucson nobody would cover it. Only in San Francisco are the people immature and intolerant enough to have a major meltdown over some Trump supporters. Pelosi also helped them along for a huge amount of free publicity with her idiotic hateful comments.

https://www.infowars.com/nancy-pelos...-supremacists/

Old 08-18-2017, 07:55 AM

36,656 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
"In the current climate"? That just shows they have something to hide. And as others have asked: why now? Why SF?
They want to incite violence and grab media attention.

I dont know why its so hard for them to just admit it.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:23 AM

36,656 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
That is obvious. They are now famous and got on prime time cable news. If they had the event in Tucson nobody would cover it. Only in San Francisco are the people immature and intolerant enough to have a major meltdown over some Trump supporters. Pelosi also helped them along for a huge amount of free publicity with her idiotic hateful comments.

https://www.infowars.com/nancy-pelos...-supremacists/
The entire nation is having a meltdown-have you seen the news?

When this disgrace of a president had the gall to liken George Washington and Thomas Jefferson( I actually teared up to be honest) to confederate leaders, and put protestors of hate in the same boat as the haters themselves, that demonstrates serious disrespect for the values we hold dear, and it more importantly, it shows a desire to drag us back to a dark past that we are still trying to get over.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:16 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
They want to incite violence and grab media attention.

I dont know why its so hard for them to just admit it.
Exactly. That's why they're not being above-board with their event details, and don't have any PR, like a normal public event would. The way they're going about it proves there's something shady to it, and that it's not a legit event, contrary to the impression they're trying to give by saying it's multicultural, and hey, there's even a woman allowed to speak at it! Clearly, they think the public is dumb enough to fall for that, but they're wrong.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:34 AM

24,397 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Isn't only one of the nine speakers White?

Or is this just another case of... a minority can only be a minority if they think like a Democrat

Old 08-18-2017, 10:11 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Isn't only one of the nine speakers White?

Or is this just another case of... a minority can only be a minority if they think like a Democrat
Why would the race of the speakers be relevant? Why are they trotting that out? Just because they have Brown People speaking (oh, and one woman--she's the White one. I guess Condi Rice wasn't interested) doesn't magically turn the event into The City of Brotherly Love.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:09 AM

2,201 posts, read 3,359,496 times
Quote:
Why would the race of the speakers be relevant? Why are they trotting that out? Just because they have Brown People speaking (oh, and one woman--she's the White one. I guess Condi Rice wasn't interested) doesn't magically turn the event into The City of Brotherly Love.
Race became relevant when the group is being described as white supremacist.

Patriot Prayer is a right-leaning group specializing in rallies aimed at provoking far-left and anarchist groups. Antifa and Patriot Prayer have clashed before with Antifa trying to shut them down. The Patriot Prayer isn’t listed as a hate group. They aren't a white supremacist group. They have nothing to do with the KKK. They have people of color in the group and are supportive of gay/lesbian/trans rights. Their security is sometimes provided by the Oath Keepers, a far-right anti-government group which have been described as extremist or radical.

Their speakers appear to be just individuals within or following their group(s). Not well known people.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:30 PM

24,397 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Quote:
Because people are angry that this is a White Supremacist rally, well if nearly 90% of the speakers aren't White, it's not a White Supremacist rally. As a minority myself, I'm disgusted when Liberals act like I have to believe exactly what they do or else I'm not really Asian. If my Black friend votes for a Republican, he is an Uncle Tom and not a real Black person, it's so f***ing racist and Liberals are so smug they don't understand why that is racist. Liberals think White people, sure no problem, we have different beliefs in certain things... minorities, NOPE YOU ALL MUST BELIEVE AS WE SAY, YOU ALL MUST BELIEVE THE SAME EXACT THING OR ELSE YOU AREN'T REAL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland