Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 10:22 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
I don't see you donating. They could have built their city farther from the Atlantic Ocean.
Oh really, did you check the list of doners? I have friends in Houston. I also wasn't the person advocating on a public forum here to give money to people like yourself living a cushy life at home so they can get a house instead of helping people who lost a lot in the storm.
When the big earthquake hits I'm sure you will appreciate someone like you in another part of the US saying they should have built Hayward much farther east than on the Hayward Fault line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 10:30 AM

4,369 posts, read 3,723,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Oh really, did you check the list of doners? I have friends in Houston. I also wasn't the person advocating on a public forum here to give money to people like yourself living a cushy life at home so they can get a house instead of helping people who lost a lot in the storm.
When the big earthquake hits I'm sure you will appreciate someone like you in another part of the US saying they should have built Hayward much farther east than on the Hayward Fault line.
I don't live in Hayward so I don't care. Also I would be happy because that means cheaper real estate.

Also I live the opposite of a cushy life. I take frugality to an extreme.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:12 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
I don't live in Hayward so I don't care. Also I would be happy because that means cheaper real estate.

Also I live the opposite of a cushy life. I take frugality to an extreme.
The very first post you ever made you stated you live in Hayward with your mom and wanted us to provide reasons for her to sell the house and buy one in Long Beach because you thought the homes there were cheaper.
Living a frugal life is your choice. It's still a cushy life if you make as much as say you do, brag about how you are in the top 10% of wealth, and live and home at no expense.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
The very first post you ever made you stated you live in Hayward with your mom and wanted us to provide reasons for her to sell the house and buy one in Long Beach because you thought the homes there were cheaper.
Living a frugal life is your choice. It's still a cushy life if you make as much as say you do, brag about how you are in the top 10% of wealth, and live and home at no expense.
You didn't read my post: it said that you can buy a nice house in Long Beach for roughly the same price as one in Hayward. I insist you go back and actually read the post.

I spend about 10 dollars a month, everything else is saved. I get no luxuries in life because of how expensive housing is and I have to pray for a correction of some sort. Being top 10% in wealth here might as well be poverty.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:05 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
You didn't read my post: it said that you can buy a nice house in Long Beach for roughly the same price as one in Hayward. I insist you go back and actually read the post.

I spend about 10 dollars a month, everything else is saved. I get no luxuries in life because of how expensive housing is and I have to pray for a correction of some sort. Being top 10% in wealth here might as well be poverty.
Stop complaining about "poverty" (when it is really just saving) and keep doing what you are doing.

Old 09-04-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Stop complaining about "poverty" (when it is really just saving) and keep doing what you are doing.
Too bad houses rise faster than I can save (3000-4000 a month after taxes).

Old 09-04-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Too bad houses rise faster than I can save (3000-4000 a month after taxes).
Have the cash ready. The market will not stay like this.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:07 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Have the cash ready. The market will not stay like this.
Poor people tend to stay poor because they lack proper planning, not always, but a good chunk. It's why i think in high school there should be a class each year that goes over saving, budgeting, internships, resume building, interview prep, investing, taxes etc.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Poor people tend to stay poor because they lack proper planning, not always, but a good chunk. It's why i think in high school there should be a class each year that goes over saving, budgeting, internships, resume building, interview prep, investing, taxes etc.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Old 09-04-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I guess 95% of the population is poor in your eyes if 4K a month isn't saving enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland