Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 11:27 PM

49 posts, read 179,466 times

Advertisements

Hello, everyone.

I'll be arriving next week. I'll be staying in down town San Francisco Fri/Sat/Sun. I would like some suggestions on places to eat and drink in San Francsico. This is my 3rd time visiting and have done most of the touristy things around the city. Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz, the Piers, Castro District and Golden Gate Bridge.

This time around I'm more interested in eating at great sushi and Chinese restaurants. I'll pay for quality as long as it doesn't break the bank tremendously. I live in Las Vegas, home of some great sushi restaurants on the strip that are severely overpriced. I'm interested in having drinks/Cocktails at bar & lounges with a great view. Or, just an overall great vibe. I've done a little research and so far this is what I've come up with:

Sushi: Ryokos's, Koo or Ginza

Bar & Lounge: Cityscape bar and The Alembic. (so many, I didn't search more)

Also, any suggestions on a great burger? Or places to try out local craft beer.

As for Sunday in Oakland, I'm all set. We're going with some friends. I just don't know what we're going to do after the game. I might be too inebriated to do anything else. lol

Help out a fellow Cowboy's fan out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 10:48 AM

43 posts, read 44,202 times
My only suggestion is "Don't wear your Cowboys jersey/hat".

Old 12-10-2017, 02:21 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,326,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBad1 View Post
Because 49er & Raiders fans are all sore losers who feel the need to fight anyone who doesn’t root for the same team? Sounds about right. Went to a Vikings game awhile back and there was so much hostility for Vikings fans (including myself).

But hey, look at the fan base & area, what can you expect

Old 12-10-2017, 04:57 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBad1 View Post
LOL.

As a lifelong Raiders and 49ers fan who now lives among Texans and Cowboys fans about 228 miles from Jerry's World (AT & T Stadium in Arlington), I agree.

Old 12-10-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
Because 49er & Raiders fans are all sore losers who feel the need to fight anyone who doesn’t root for the same team? Sounds about right. Went to a Vikings game awhile back and there was so much hostility for Vikings fans (including myself).

But hey, look at the fan base & area, what can you expect
49ers fans....no.

Raiders fans...depends on how old they are.

I've been a fan of both teams since the 60s, and the Raiders fans that I've encountered that would fit the above were probably born after 1970.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:08 PM

882 posts, read 688,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
49ers fans....no.

Raiders fans...depends on how old they are.

I've been a fan of both teams since the 60s, and the Raiders fans that I've encountered that would fit the above were probably born after 1970.
You obviously don't remember the Vikings game not too long ago where the Vikings fan was brutally beaten by a 49ers fan. Both teams have bad fans.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:25 AM

2,096 posts, read 2,326,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
You obviously don't remember the Vikings game not too long ago where the Vikings fan was brutally beaten by a 49ers fan. Both teams have bad fans.
^^^ This. Except add in that it was a GROUP of 49ers fans that jumped 1 guy.

And shall we begin with Raiders fans? They tried to fight their own teams players a couple weeks ago. Some young punks mouthed off to Donald Penn (offensive lineman) and wanted to fight.

Last edited by BurnInTheMil; 12-11-2017 at 07:11 AM..

Old 12-11-2017, 12:42 PM

2 posts, read 3,348 times
I'm going to be at this game too, I spent $500 for two tickets thinking we still had hope for this season but then I sat through yesterdays embarrassing display of football.

San Francisco has a ton of great places to eat / hang out.

You should check out Union Square its the nicest mall I have ever been to. If you like Italian food they have some great places in North Beach plus a ton a strip clubs in that area too if your into that lol.

Peer 39 is the tourist thing that everybody does. I still take my kids there they love it. There is a lot of street performers and sea food.

Oakland is trying to become a better city but its still kind of sketchy so I wouldn't recommend wondering around there much because you can get lost in some of the worst areas in the entire country. I would recommend sticking to Jack London Square or by Lake Merritt or Alameda.

I wouldn't be sporting a Dallas jersey unless your okay with a lot of **** talking and the possibility of beer being dumped on your head. The last time I went to a Dallas - Raiders game I seen this dude get a beer thrown on him by these HUGE Raider fan's who told him "drinks are on you *****" haha

Old 12-12-2017, 03:15 PM

830 posts, read 486,756 times
Packers fan here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.A.Lobo View Post
I'll be arriving next week. I'll be staying in down town San Francisco Fri/Sat/Sun. I would like some suggestions on places to eat and drink in San Francsico. This is my 3rd time visiting and have done most of the touristy things around the city. Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz, the Piers, Castro District and Golden Gate Bridge.

This time around I'm more interested in eating at great sushi and Chinese restaurants. I'll pay for quality as long as it doesn't break the bank tremendously. I live in Las Vegas, home of some great sushi restaurants on the strip that are severely overpriced. I'm interested in having drinks/Cocktails at bar & lounges with a great view. Or, just an overall great vibe. I've done a little research and so far this is what I've come up with:
Sushi: Ryokos's, Koo or Ginza

I go out for sushi often, but have never been to any of the three you mention. So, sorry, no help there. Some of my favorites are Saru Sushi in the Noe Valley neighborhood and Okini Sushi in the Richmond neighborhood. Saru is more expensive and modern style sushi whereas Okini is traditional sushi with high quality ingredients. Probably best to make a reservation if you are going to try either of these.

Another suggestion would be to go to an izakaya. Being from The Meadows, you may already know, but an izakaya is sort of the Japanese version of a Bistro, where the focus is equally on the food and on the drink (of which you seem to have a particular fondness). I'd recommend Izakaya Roku for casual fun, and Izakaya Rintaro for a more mid to upscale setting. They'll both have sushi, but also waygyu beef, and many modern and traditional Japanese dishes for sharing. Pretty interesting beer lists as well.

Bar & Lounge: Cityscape bar and The Alembic. (so many, I didn't search more)

Too many to choose from. Would need more of an idea of what you're looking for. But, if you do go to the Alembic, you should also check out Aub Zam Zam and Club Deluxe, which are in walking distance. Club Deluxe is a lively spot with live music every night. Usually something jazzy, but a fun non-stuffy crowd.

Also, any suggestions on a great burger? Or places to try out local craft beer.

The Monk's Kettle has both. The best beer place might just be City Beer Store. As the name suggests, it's sort of a no frills place that is a beer store and a bar. Mostly for serious beer connoisseurs, if that is your number one goal this is probably the place.

Enjoy!

Old 12-14-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
^^^ This. Except add in that it was a GROUP of 49ers fans that jumped 1 guy.
Are there any teams where no fans get it fights? I doubt it. Just for the heck of it I did searches for '________ fan fights' for the Jets, Chiefs, Rams, Chicago Bears, Broncos, Jaguars, and Dolphins, and examples came up for all of them. People are going to have differing opinions re how much of an issue it is.

Quote:
And shall we begin with Raiders fans? They tried to fight their own teams players a couple weeks ago. Some young punks mouthed off to Donald Penn (offensive lineman) and wanted to fight.
I would never say that a number of Raiders fans wouldn't hesitate to fight, I just said that, IME, it's age dependent. Being born before 1970 (the year I mentioned) would....to most people...would exclude a person from being thought of as a 'young punk'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland