Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2018, 12:41 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,457,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
these maps show the outer east bay being much more diverse since 2000. places like antioch ,brentwood and tracy.
Those places are much more affordable so that makes sense. A lot of Blacks and Hispanics priced out of Gentrifying SF and Oakland are moving there. A Black family can sell a shack in Oakland and buy a McMansion in Brentwood.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:07 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,006,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
Those places are much more affordable so that makes sense. A lot of Blacks and Hispanics priced out of Gentrifying SF and Oakland are moving there. A Black family can sell a shack in Oakland and buy a McMansion in Brentwood.
No they can't. A mcmansion in Brentwood costs a million dollars. Shacks in the black parts of Oakland do not cost a million dollars. LoL

Old 06-07-2018, 11:58 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,782,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
No they can't. A mcmansion in Brentwood costs a million dollars. Shacks in the black parts of Oakland do not cost a million dollars. LoL
there are 3000 sq feet homes in brentwood for around $600,000 and many homes south of macarthur in east oakland around 1200 sq feet homes for around $600,000.

i

Old 06-08-2018, 01:36 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,347,250 times
Quote:
I just got back from the Czech Republic. There is a small Vietnamese community and it is nice to be able to get Sushi but Czech Culture and people are still dominant. It is nothing like California.
Concerned about not enough white people in the Bay Area? Maybe you should go encourage Chick-fil-A to build more restaurants, or better yet, put your money where your mouth is and franchise one. My wife and daughter visited one in Sunnyvale and they were pretty surprised to find that 80% of the patrons there were white. In Sunnyvale (which is better known for having a lot of South Asian and Korean shops)!

Old 06-08-2018, 09:05 AM

5,583 posts, read 5,002,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
there are 3000 sq feet homes in brentwood for around $600,000 and many homes south of macarthur in east oakland around 1200 sq feet homes for around $600,000.

i
That is the price my brother paid for a 4,000+ sq ft house in Brentwood a few years ago. I am sure it is worth more now than $600,000.

I wouldn't live there still too crowded and is the fastest growing city. Too much traffic and way too much stop and go driving because of traffic signals and gridlock.

Old 06-08-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Concerned about not enough white people in the Bay Area? Maybe you should go encourage Chick-fil-A to build more restaurants, or better yet, put your money where your mouth is and franchise one. My wife and daughter visited one in Sunnyvale and they were pretty surprised to find that 80% of the patrons there were white. In Sunnyvale (which is better known for having a lot of South Asian and Korean shops)!
I am not really offended by Silverkiss's comments because it is rational for an Asian person to want to live in a majority Asian community. The main problem I have is with upper class Whites who claim to be anti racist yet will only live in an area that is majority White. Beverly Hills is majority Middle Eastern and San Marino majority Asian yet those areas have lost their desirability to White Elites. For example on my Jewish side I have family who left a wealthy part of the San Fernando Valley when it became to Middle Eastern yet they are still the biggest pro immigration liberals. Eventually most of the elite White areas will change demographically and it will become more difficult to put on an anti racist facade.

Old 06-08-2018, 03:34 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,347,250 times
Quote:
I am not really offended by Silverkiss's comments because it is rational for an Asian person to want to live in a majority Asian community. The main problem I have is with upper class Whites who claim to be anti racist yet will only live in an area that is majority White. Beverly Hills is majority Middle Eastern and San Marino majority Asian yet those areas have lost their desirability to White Elites. For example on my Jewish side I have family who left a wealthy part of the San Fernando Valley when it became to Middle Eastern yet they are still the biggest pro immigration liberals. Eventually most of the elite White areas will change demographically and it will become more difficult to put on an anti racist facade.
Again, who cares?

It ain't my problem. People want to live in a place or don't want to, let them!

Old 06-08-2018, 10:20 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,102 times
Please stop. The OP is a casual white supremacist that lives in southern CA. Please stop. I don't want to see this convo any longer. OP, move to an all white area so you will be happy and will shut up. Thanks.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:26 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,002,078 times

Old 06-15-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Please stop. The OP is a casual white supremacist that lives in southern CA. Please stop. I don't want to see this convo any longer. OP, move to an all white area so you will be happy and will shut up. Thanks.
Yes, I live in a suburb of LA but I really don't care for the place. All the sprawl, traffic, trashy wannabe real TV stars and large underclass. I would prefer to live in the Bay Area but cannot afford a nice area because of wealthy Chinese buying up the real estate. I might end up moving to Colorado but it is turning into California. I don't want to be in some hick town in the middle of Idaho. Being accused of racism is false and has caused me unessary tension. My last Asian GF broke up with me for stating facts far more mild than what I have stated on this thread and some of my Jewish reletives won't talk to me and call me an Alt Right Nazi even though I voted for Bernie Sanders in the primary. I did vote for Trump in the general. I visited all parts of the Bay Area and have decided that Central Contra Costa would be the ideal place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland