Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2019, 11:46 AM

21,668 posts, read 16,206,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post

The "homeless" are breaking the laws. Why are the police doing nothing about it?
How many times do you need the answers repeated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2019, 11:56 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,231,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Right here:
Moving on ...
Come on Tule you can do better than this. Again I never accused anyone of stating that “free to wander around and kill and rob as they please”. I'm the one who made that statement based on this comment: "you just can't arbitrarily take people's freedom away without a very compelling reason."

The crazed and dangerous homeless, the ones causing public destruction and creating bio-hazardous conditions all around cities including the ones who shoot up in broad daylight and then toss their needles on public and private property and the ones who run around angrily screaming at imaginary people are the ones who need to be institutionalized. Add to it the brazen bike chop shops thieves and businesses right out on full view all the while people simply walk by and see nothing wrong with it. That's a highly dysfunctional society that simply turns it's head at these behaviors.

Why do you think the SF police simply ignore these behaviors?

This what bleeding hearts have done to SF. When I mention bleeding heart I am referring to a person considered to be dangerously softhearted, typically someone considered too liberal in political beliefs. They are not rational and can only view things through an emotional lens.

San Francisco Reeling From Drug Addicts Shooting Up And Fouling Public Streets

No business owner should have to turn to Twitter to get resolve from this. Ed Lee was the most worthless Mayor SF has ever elected.

SF Deli Owner Fed Up With Homeless Abusing Drugs Shames Ed Lee

Old 04-27-2019, 12:06 PM

This is insanity allowing this to go on for as long as it has in SF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9pgh5EO6lw

Old 04-27-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Come on Tule you can do better than this. Again I never accused anyone of stating that “free to wander around and kill and rob as they please”.
Again, here you are saying that, quoted.
Quote:
Sure just let them be free to wonder around and kill and rob as they please.
Who are you referring to when you say this? You are paraphrasing, at the least. Who?

Seems possible you are referring to 2sleepy, but maybe me or someone else. You indicate so below when you quote 2sleepy here:
Quote:
I'm the one who made that statement based on this comment: "you just can't arbitrarily take people's freedom away without a very compelling reason."
But that statement doesn’t say what you are suggesting, at all. It is a simple, straightforward statement of legal fact, as has been demonstrated many times to you before.

Quote:
The crazed and dangerous homeless, the ones causing public destruction and creating bio-hazardous conditions all around cities including the ones who shoot up in broad daylight and then toss their needles on public and private property and the ones who run around angrily screaming at imaginary people are the ones who need to be institutionalized. Add to it the brazen bike chop shops thieves and businesses right out on full view all the while people simply walk by and see nothing wrong with it. That's a highly dysfunctional society that simply turns it's head at these behaviors.

Why do you think the SF police simply ignore these behaviors?

This what bleeding hearts have done to SF. When I mention bleeding heart I am referring to a person considered to be dangerously softhearted, typically someone considered too liberal in political beliefs. They are not rational and can only view things through an emotional lens.
First off, the police aren’t “ignoring” those behaviors. There are arrests made and such has been quoted and linked from police and media sources numerous times before in this thread.

The reasons that lots and LOTS of those behaviors go on without arrests have also been explained ad nauseam in this thread before. I am confident you have read them. It comes down to resources, timing, economics. And several of us, who you accuse of being “bleeding hearts” when we explain these realities to you, are not “viewing things though an emotional lens” when we relay the factual realities. We don’t do so to present the homeless as sweet wonderful misunderstood souls. We do so to establish a factual basis for situation review.

You really need to understand this and stop the repetitive falsifications of intent.

Old 04-27-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
First off, the police aren’t “ignoring” those behaviors. There are arrests made and such has been quoted and linked from police and media sources numerous times before in this thread.
Yes they are and if you watch the videos I posted you can see it for yourself. If that does not satisfy you then you can search YouTube and find more evidence that the police in SF are ignoring these behaviors.
Quote:
It comes down to resources, timing, economics.
The police are well paid in SF to do a job. Ignoring crime and uncivilized behaviors seem to be what they think is not a part of their civil service duties.

Sure no resources but yet there are resources to give them safe shoot up booths, food stamps, free handouts.

SF has the resources...however the resources are poorly managed by the government.
Quote:
You really need to understand this and stop the repetitive falsifications of intent.
Your narrative is not accurate. I've posted the reality of the situation. Your bleeding heart lens just does not like the reality of the situation others see and instead you make excuse after excuse for these uncivilized folks.

Old 04-27-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Yes they are and if you watch the videos I posted you can see it for yourself. If that does not satisfy you then you can search YouTube and find more evidence that the police in SF are ignoring these behaviors.
The police are well paid in SF to do a job. Ignoring crime and uncivilized behaviors seem to be what they think is not a part of their civil service duties.

Sure no resources but yet there are resources to give them safe shoot up booths, food stamps, free handouts.

SF has the resources...however the resources are poorly managed by the government.
Your narrative is not accurate. I've posted the reality of the situation. Your bleeding heart lens just does not like the reality of the situation others see and instead you make excuse after excuse for these uncivilized folks.
Right back to your “bleeding heart lens” mantra, eh? Lol. Too funny. Not a whiff of “bleeding heart” in any comments I made. Not a single “excuse” either.

You also have zero understanding of what I refer to with: “resources, timing, and economics.” And these realities and legalities have been explained to you so many times that you clearly never will. Go enjoy your vigilantism fantasy some more now.

Old 04-27-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Right back to your “bleeding heart lens” mantra, eh? Lol. Too funny. Not a whiff of “bleeding heart” in any comments I made. Not a single “excuse” either.

You also have zero understanding of what I refer to with: “resources, timing, and economics.” And these realities and legalities have been explained to you so many times that you clearly never will. Go enjoy your vigilantism fantasy some more now.
No resources eh?

Reform California Releases Top 10 Worst Examples of Waste, Fraud and Abuse of Gas Tax Funds in Caltrans and Local Transportation Agencies

San Francisco’s $9 billion question

S.F. spends record $241 million on homeless, can’t track results

Old 04-27-2019, 03:27 PM

42,783 posts, read 26,085,747 times
Quote:
Where did I say this?

The "homeless" are breaking the laws. Why are the police doing nothing about it?
What laws are the homeless breaking that could result in an arrest? You're so smart I expect you will be able to answer that and I will be right here waiting. (you might want to do a little research on the feasibility of booking people for misdemeanors before you post your response)

Old 04-27-2019, 04:25 PM

34,746 posts, read 16,767,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
I love this crock notion of inequality. What used to be called success via hard work and fortune is now called inequality.
Everyone should read what this person posted, it perfectly suits the current times.
Do you have a better suggestion?

Old 04-27-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What laws are the homeless breaking that could result in an arrest? You're so smart I expect you will be able to answer that and I will be right here waiting. (you might want to do a little research on the feasibility of booking people for misdemeanors before you post your response)
Stealing, setting up permanent living quarters on public land, shooting up drugs on public property, destroying public property and randomly killing others.

Being smart has nothing to do with understanding the laws they are breaking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland