Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2018, 12:52 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Bleeding heart response? I stated FACTS, certainly they were facts that you don't like but facts nonetheless. The problem is that poor shaming / poor blaming never got one homeless person off the streets did it?
No you stated an opinion based on how a bleeding heart see's it.

Homeless folks don't become homeless because of the greed in the world. If that were true I would be homeless as well as every single person on earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 01:03 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Bleeding heart response? I stated FACTS, certainly they were facts that you don't like but facts nonetheless. The problem is that poor shaming / poor blaming never got one homeless person off the streets did it?
Obviously bleeding heart mentally and action or inaction isn't working either

Old 10-13-2018, 02:06 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Obviously bleeding heart mentally and action or inaction isn't working either
Who said it was? Who said it would? Who has expressed a “bleeding heart” mentality here? We know that Matadora, and you, and TCROX and several others like to assign that tag to several of us who present facts and laws that define and govern the issues ... but any objective intellectual analysis of what we (those you label bleeding hearts) post doesn’t reveal any such ideologies. We don’t propose the laws that exist to block the forceful detainment of homeless persons on minor infraction charges ... we just show you that these laws exist and so have to be considered when proposing ideas for problem solving. I’ve never asked or suggested anyone “open their hearts” to a homeless person. I really don’t care how you feel about the homeless. I do care about people spreading myths that interfere with cleaning up the streets of the scourge, though. And that is why I camp out on these threads: to balance the ridiculous mythologies and false equivalencies and assumptions.

That’s not “bleeding from the heart”. That’s applying rational balance.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
No you stated an opinion based on how a bleeding heart see's it.

Homeless folks don't become homeless because of the greed in the world. If that were true I would be homeless as well as every single person on earth.
Homeless become homeless for many reasons ... some of which certainly do include greed on the part of others. Sleepy just provided you with some education on the disappearance of SRO’s ... which loss has eliminated ten’s of thousands of cheap rooms for low income persons who subsequently end up on the street. Those SRO’s fell to developers without any concern for the effect that such displacements would have on your and my streets.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Homeless become homeless for many reasons ... some of which certainly do include greed on the part of others.
Right never take responsibly for your life...just blame it on others.
Quote:
Sleepy just provided you with some education on the disappearance of SRO’s ... which loss has eliminated ten’s of thousands of cheap rooms for low income persons who subsequently end up on the street. Those SRO’s fell to developers without any concern for the effect that such displacements would have on your and my streets.
Yes I am aware what she posted to which I responded to. Address the things I responded with vs. simply repeating what she posted.

The US population is 3 times what it was in the 1900's. All those people have to live somewhere right? And it's not slowing down...there are millions of kids that will soon be leaving home and will need a place to live.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Right never take responsibly for your life...just blame it on others.
Yes I am aware what she posted to which I responded to. Address the things I responded with vs. simply repeating what she posted.
I’ll address whatever I see fit, thank you ... including what you completely ignored with your self-righteous responses. Developers wiped out SRO’s without regard to the effect on society. And you pretend that is a question of low-income people, which include elderly, seniors on SS, the disabled, mentally ill by no fault (i.e. schizophrenics, PTSD, et al), and persons of limited intellectual capacity - “blaming it on others.” Phbbbbt.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:

The US population is 3 times what it was in the 1900's. All those people have to live somewhere right? And it's not slowing down...there are millions of kids that will soon be leaving home and will need a place to live.
Yes. It is. Frightening, eh? And you know why it’s exploding? Greed. There is no value to expanding population at this point other than creation of consumers. The explosion wasn’t facilitated by altruistic scientists trying to insure perpetuation of the species. The explosion has been entirely facilitated by technological and agricultural developments in pure pusuit of profit. You know: greed.

And there’s nothing stopping developers from creating all that new housing to include low-income housing ... except GREED.

And yes, dear heart ... that forces low-income people onto the streets.

Old 10-13-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Yes. It is. Frightening, eh? And you know why it’s exploding? Greed. There is no value to expanding population at this point other than creation of consumers. The explosion wasn’t facilitated by altruistic scientists trying to insure perpetuation of the species. The explosion has been entirely facilitated by technological and agricultural developments in pure pusuit of profit. You know: greed.

And there’s nothing stopping developers from creating all that new housing to include low-income housing ... except GREED.

And yes, dear heart ... that forces low-income people onto the streets.
As the world population increases and sources become more and more scarce you are going to see greed explode even more and humanity will be much uglier than it is today. I hope I'm long gone from this earth when those days hit.

Old 10-13-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:
As the world population increases and sources become more and more scarce you are going to see greed explode even more and humanity will be much uglier than it is today. I hope I'm long gone from this earth when those days hit.
Yes. We can agree on this.

Old 10-13-2018, 04:29 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Agree on the mentally ill, they should be hospitalized there's no way around it. But it's not the government's job to pay for housing for drug addicts and underemployed drifters, nor is it the government's job to keep people dependent instead of their contributing to their own lives and to society
SCOTUS has ruled that you can only detain the mentally ill who are a grave danger to themselves or pose a serious threat to others. Very few mentally ill people meet that criteria. Personally I don't care about your bootstrapper theories, they aren't based on reality. And I don't care if a particular state or city refuses to offer services to the homeless, but their is only one option - provide them with a safe place to sleep or get used to them being on the sidewalk, all the tough talk about what you can do to get rid of the homeless is just silly.

Last edited by 2sleepy; 10-13-2018 at 04:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland