Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2018, 11:19 PM

48 posts, read 47,629 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. My wife and I moved to Santa Rosa last June for a job I took with a great local company. The owner put us up in a hotel and then put us up in an apartment they own in Windsor temporarily because they asked me to help them out and work at one of their locations in San Rafael for a couple of months. Well, then in the fires happened. My employers all lost their homes and everything was in chaos. I ended up working in San Rafel for 7 or 8 months. I am now working back up in Santa Rosa and we are still living in their apartment. Everyone is price gouging on already very high rent so my wife and I decided months ago to get an RV and rent a space until we can buy some property. However, we do not like big RV parks and everyone is charging too much for the limited spaces available. We are running out of time. The owner need the apartment for a new employee in less then 2 weeks. We can buy the RV any time but we need to secure a location preferably on private property. My employer said we can put it at the location I work at for a while if necessary but I really want to get out of their hair. If anyone has a space from Petaluma to Cloverdale or any location, up to an hour or so from Santa Rosa please let me know. My # is 617-595-6427. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 09:28 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Thanks for this info about the situation around Santa Rosa, after the fires! As. you know, Google is your friend. Hopefully you'll be able to find something online? Or with luck, through someone here on C-D. Good luck!

Old 05-03-2018, 12:04 AM

7 posts, read 5,658 times
How about scoping out some industrial areas with large fenced yards. But to make it worthwhile I imagine you're still looking at $600-$900 a month. $900/30=$30 a day. Doubtful you could get cheaper at an RV park. Good luck to ya -

Old 05-04-2018, 02:20 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,034,390 times
Think twice about buying an RV. Even if you can score a site on private property, you will need to move it frequently for dumping purposes, which requires a place to do it (they charge you) and to undo and redo all the leveling jacks you invariably had to place under then RV; you need an electrical hookup (RV's roast in the summer sun); an internet connection; if you want TV, a satellite dish; and a water hookup. My relative lives in one now in a non-fancy RV park in SoCal and the rent is $1,000. But she has all those things right there. Plus a laundry facility, package/mail acceptance, free cable internet, and a gravel site so her RV doesn't sink into mud.

Bite the bullet and live in an RV park.

Old 05-05-2018, 01:37 AM

48 posts, read 47,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Think twice about buying an RV. Even if you can score a site on private property, you will need to move it frequently for dumping purposes, which requires a place to do it (they charge you) and to undo and redo all the leveling jacks you invariably had to place under then RV; you need an electrical hookup (RV's roast in the summer sun); an internet connection; if you want TV, a satellite dish; and a water hookup. My relative lives in one now in a non-fancy RV park in SoCal and the rent is $1,000. But she has all those things right there. Plus a laundry facility, package/mail acceptance, free cable internet, and a gravel site so her RV doesn't sink into mud.

Bite the bullet and live in an RV park.
Thank you. I am well aware of all of the necessities and we want to be able to move in and out to travel on weekends and evertually we want to be 100% working from home so we don't have to be attached to an area. We do not want to "bite the bullet" because that would defeat the purpose of saving money. We do want to buy a peice of property and then develop it but eventually we would like to rent it, or what ever we build on it, so we can be free...
Anyways, if I spent $1000, plus the payment on my F250 for towing, plus the RV... I mine as well just rent an apartment. We "had" a perfect space il n a very small park for $550 a month but someone beat us to it by like 2 days. We found out after we invested time and money into the plan. It was devastating and we almost gave up. But we are not going to back down. We will find what we are looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland