Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 10:56 AM

102,206 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
The laws need to be changed is the point. If you can't work within the current laws, which don't work - then you need to change the laws.
Thank you. That's exactly what I was saying. Also, the bureaucratic process involved with arranging worker visas for unskilled workers needs to be streamlined. I've read that for some reason, it's very cumbersome for employers to try to use it, via the American consulates in Mexico. Trump has offices in Romania to recruit hotel workers, and apparently doesn't have much trouble, but that may be because he's been doing it a long time, and can afford to set up those offices, to somewhat streamline the process.

Well, and then refugee-visa laws and procedures would need some tweaking, so that those kids fleeing violence in Central America, and other legit asylum-seekers would be more likely to get their requested status, rather than summarily rejected, ending up in the Sanctuary movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2018, 12:36 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,780,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Right, because we all know that illegal aliens flood the polls at election time, stuffing the ballot boxes. This has been witnessed and documented with photographs and news footage of the long lines of non-English-speaking, non-citizen voters, who could produce no evidence of citizenship or the right to vote, when required to do so upon entry to the polling station, yet they were allowed into the booths anyway. Camera crews and reporters were on hand all over California, not to mention Texas, New Mexico, South Carolina, Chicago, and elsewhere, wherever masses of undocumented workers are found.
(sarc)

Meanwhile, Congress has found evidence of voter suppression of lawful voters nationwide in the last 4 elections, and voters excluded from the polls in one Presidential election in NM sued in federal court and won. But the political party perpetrating the voter suppression continues to foster a widespread media campaign, conjuring polling stations full of undocumented workers. hmmm.......
Mail-in votes. No line needed. Around 605,000 illegals received DL in 2015 in CA. That number has grown since. There is no safeguard in place to prevent democrat-controlled Office of Secretary and the DMV to register them as voters.

In an ideal world, only citizens can vote and stealing is unlawful. Yet, people steal knowing that it is unlawful. Non-citizen can say they are citizens so they can vote, if they wanted to. All they have to do is fill out and sign the voter registration form. No proof of citizenship was required of me when I mailed it in.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:41 PM

36,656 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Mail-in votes. No line needed. Around 605,000 illegals received DL in 2015 in CA. That number has grown since. There is no safeguard in place to prevent democrat-controlled Office of Secretary and the DMV to register them as voters.

In an ideal world, only citizens can vote and stealing is unlawful. Yet, people steal knowing that it is unlawful. Non-citizen can say they are citizens so they can vote, if they wanted to. All they have to do is fill in and sign the voter registration form. No proof of citizenship was required of me when I mailed it in.
No proof of citizenship is required in person either so what are u talking about?

Furthermore, there is zero evidence of mass or even minor numbers of votes cast by undocumented persons.

Otoh we know the Russians tried to tamper with CAs elections.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...ection-n850296

Strangely the President loves to make false claims about illegals voting offering zero evidence after CSs sec of state asked him for proof, but then he is totally silent on actual tampering by a foreign state.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:01 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
Quote:

In an ideal world, only citizens can vote and stealing is unlawful. Yet, people steal knowing that it is unlawful. Non-citizen can say they are citizens so they can vote, if they wanted to. All they have to do is fill out and sign the voter registration form. No proof of citizenship was required of me when I mailed it in.
Okay, let's discuss this. First, why would any illegal immigrant care about voting in the U.S.? Why would they want any attention by the government as to the fact that they even exist?

Take it to the street level. Let's picture an illegal immigrant who is living here, avoiding all government authorities and the police as much as possible, so as to not draw any attention to themselves.

They're probably working on a farm or maybe a construction site, or maybe on a landscaping crew, maybe working as a maid.

Now, what real life scenario causes them to find out about voting, and then finding out who to vote for, where to get a ballot in the language they read and write in, learning how to fill it out, etc.

And do you really think they would go stand in line at a polling place with a big U.S. flag out front, and official clerks at a table asking them for proof of their identity?

Or even if it's a mail in ballot, doing everything else above, paying out of pocket for the postage on that huge ballot?

I mean, heck, a lot of citizens don't bother to vote because it's a PITA. And even I get irritated at the cost of postage, so I go drop it off, and it's a pain finding out where to drop it off.

I just don't think anyone who blames illegals for everything ever takes the time to figure out what it would be like in their day to day life, to actually do these things. Especially vote.

There's just no way they would compromise their anonymity, let alone have the time to do everything it would take.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:58 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,139,459 times
Angela Alioto, from her appearance on Tucker's show this evening:

This is what the residents of the city of San Francisco want.

Hmmm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mOs_ZtH7wQ

Old 05-14-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Angela Alioto, from her appearance on Tucker's show this evening:

This is what the residents of the city of San Francisco want.

Hmmm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mOs_ZtH7wQ
Tucker is too hard for me to stomach normally, but I did appreciate hearing her explain what she's about, so thanks for posting this.

The banner in the background saying Immigration CRISIS was over the top. This is why I watch PBS. I know their news is fairly liberal biased, but at least they don't report the news with histrionics. There's just too much hysteria in the news nowadays. It's exhausting.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:48 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,784,341 times
Neither the GOP or DEMS want to stop illegal immigration.

1. severe punishment for people and companies who hire illegal workers

2.Right now If The Internal Revenue Service receives payroll tax on the same social security number used by three or four people they don't report it to ICE. It's illegal to do so.change this law

Changing these 2 things would end illegal immigration. As long as people can get jobs the wall won't effect illegal immigration. GOP voters are stupid if they believe the solutions put forth by trump will make any difference

Old 05-15-2018, 03:12 PM

102,206 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:

All illegals are entitled to DL's in NM if they can pass the tests. But they're not the same as US citizens' DL's. IDK how CA or LA design their DL's for undocumented residents. But anyone applying for new licenses now has to produce either an original birth certificate, a certified copy of one from the issuing office, or a US passport.

Non-citizens can't just show up and say they're citizens, at a polling place. You have to be a registered voter, for one thing; you have to be on the rolls. The rolls are checked. IDK about LA, but in some states, if you miss an election, you're automatically purged from the rolls and have to re-register. A lot of legit voters don't know that, and are prevented from voting because of it. It's not as simple as you think. Voter registration requires proof of citizenship.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Neither the GOP or DEMS want to stop illegal immigration.

1. severe punishment for people and companies who hire illegal workers

2.Right now If The Internal Revenue Service receives payroll tax on the same social security number used by three or four people they don't report it to ICE. It's illegal to do so.change this law

Changing these 2 things would end illegal immigration. As long as people can get jobs the wall won't effect illegal immigration. GOP voters are stupid if they believe the solutions put forth by trump will make any difference
The funny thing about this, is that there is a lot of income tax being taken out from paychecks of illegal immigrants, who never collect on it. They're a source of revenue. If they all stopped working without fake social security numbers, I wonder how that would impact the IRS and state government budgets.

There are a lot of other side businesses who would feel it, including Western Union from sending money back home, less sales tax being collected, less money orders being sold, less customers overall at brick and mortars, on and on.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:50 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,876,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
The proposal doesnt call on the police to enforce immigration law, only that they report incidents of undocumented persons committing a felony. I dont see a problem with that.
Agreed that guy was trying to change the goal posts and divide people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland