Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2008, 12:57 PM

2 posts, read 4,638 times

Advertisements

i am looking for a non-catholic christian school. i would prefer a school that does require pastor references.
i have found one in walnut creek but am afraid the commute will be to far for my husband if we live in that area. how long does it take to get from walnut creek to the technology area?

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 02:35 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlslusher View Post
i am looking for a non-catholic christian school. i would prefer a school that does require pastor references.
i have found one in walnut creek but am afraid the commute will be to far for my husband if we live in that area. how long does it take to get from walnut creek to the technology area?

thanks!
By "technology area" do you mean Silicon Valley? If so, I wouldn't recommend sending your kid to Walnut Creek, since that would be a BEAR of a commute - well over an hour with traffic, I would imagine. I know of a few Christian schools in the city (SF), but I'll have to research what's on the Peninsula.

Here's info on one in SF, if that's not too far for you: Welcome to Cornerstone Academy
Not sure how it is compared to other Christian schools, but I used to work with the kids there, since it was in the same neighborhood as my old library (I was a librarian for a branch of SFPL) - if it's any consolation, the kids were always very well-behaved!

Last edited by gizmo980; 03-28-2008 at 02:43 PM..

Old 03-29-2008, 05:21 PM

17 posts, read 90,853 times
Default Looking for a on-catholic Christian School

From what I hear, El Sobrante Christian School is very good. Also, go to grocery stores. They have Bay Area Parent magazines that list good schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlslusher View Post

thanks!

Old 04-05-2008, 07:40 AM

16 posts, read 40,604 times
Hi VLSlusher - Have been doing a TON of research myself on this topic since we are moving to the Bay area in a couple of months - there is a fabulous website that lists all the private schools around- Private School Review - Profiles of USA Private Schools You can choose Religious Affiliation (I just keep putting Christian, no specific denomination) and it brings up EVERY private school within a 50 mile radius of a zip code. I have found it invaluable in helping me - am heading to SF next week to actually visit the schools we want to look more closely at based off the info found on that site. Hope this helps!

Old 04-05-2008, 07:43 AM

16 posts, read 40,604 times
Oh - and another site that is wonderful is Greatschools.net - very helpful in giving a profile of many schools- side by side comparisons etc...also has a forum to be able to discuss/ask ?'s regarding this specific topic of schooling ~ best wishes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland