Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 09:25 PM

46 posts, read 43,285 times

Advertisements

Speaking as a former Dublin resident, it's Pleasanton's kid brother. The city sort of metastasized in between San Ramon and Pleasanton. I left just as the East Dublin housing explosion began (moved to Fremont). I'm no urban planner, but every time I drive that way it just looks crowded & ugly.

That said, there's no big crime wave, a big movie theater complex, and a few nice restaurants. I don't exactly know how expensive housing is now, but I found renting there cheaper and easier than in Pleasanton. You could do much worse.

If you have options on housing location, I recommend the west side of Dublin. Less crowded, some older/cheaper houses, and there's at least some nice people. Just don't live right next to 580 or 680. You'll never hear the end of it (literally).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 10:32 PM

12 posts, read 61,858 times
Dublin is mostly wasteland. Just a lot of strip malls and tacky car-first neighborhoods and homes. That said I don't think it's particularly snobby, just not very interesting. The kids have a chance, so if you can stomach the sprawl, it's not a bad place to work.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:22 AM

6,730 posts, read 6,727,597 times
Dublin is one of those East Bay places that makes Danville, Walnut Creek, and Lamorinda look so much more interesting. Typical bland SoCal sprawl that's been transported up to the Bay Area. Can be cheaper than surrounding areas, but you'll get what you pay for.

Old 08-29-2018, 03:37 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,463,364 times
It used to be nice but now it is a total slum. There is a Federal Prison, County Jail, and ugly condos full of Third World Immigrants. I could of been a decent place if there was better planning but developers buy off the politicians but build over wilderness and the tech industry lobbies Congress for more H-1b visas from India and lower class immigrants supply profits for the Prison Industrial Complex.

Old 08-29-2018, 04:49 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,784,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
It used to be nice but now it is a total slum. There is a Federal Prison, County Jail, and ugly condos full of Third World Immigrants. I could of been a decent place if there was better planning but developers buy off the politicians but build over wilderness and the tech industry lobbies Congress for more H-1b visas from India and lower class immigrants supply profits for the Prison Industrial Complex.
Exactly,you forgot to mention all the miscegenation diluting the herrenvolk. It's enough to make a white supremacist move to Idaho.

Old 08-29-2018, 11:51 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
And even with that, you still can't afford to move here. Sour grapes, eh?

Old 08-30-2018, 09:49 AM

4,031 posts, read 4,463,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
And even with that, you still can't afford to move here. Sour grapes, eh?
That just proves my point that Third World immigration create places that are miserable to live in but overpriced for your average Middle Class American.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:23 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
That just proves my point that Third World immigration create places that are miserable to live in but overpriced for your average Middle Class American.
And you've proven my point about sour grapes too. Maybe you should pack your U Haul with your Jared Taylor, Peter Brimelow books and get thee to Wyoming and Idaho.

Old 09-02-2018, 11:11 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,009,493 times
Dusty Dublin is a suburb with no personality. Same with Pleasanton, Livermore, San Ramon, Danville.

Old 09-03-2018, 12:11 AM

10,348 posts, read 8,567,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Dusty Dublin is a suburb with no personality. Same with Pleasanton, Livermore, San Ramon, Danville.
And once again posting misinformation about places you know nothing about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland