Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 01:35 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,054,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I didn’t say it was whites who attacked the Mexican in the article ... just made a generic statement reflecting on the OP article. Try to be more accurate before posting your comments

But what the heck ... since you bring it up:
Hate Crimes Against Latinos Have Exploded in Los Angeles | L.A. Weekly
Of course, the article doesn’t specify it’s “whites” committing the 69% increase in hate crimes against Latinos in LA ... maybe the increase is all from blacks, eh?

Latino and black race relations have been notoriously poor in the L.A. area.
I remember huge high school fights between blacks and latinos that turned into riots back in the early 2000s.

Most of the whites in L.A. are liberals so I highly doubt they're the perps in most of these hate crimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 01:45 PM

21,724 posts, read 16,323,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
Latino and black race relations have been notoriously poor in the L.A. area.
I remember huge high school fights between blacks and latinos that turned into riots back in the early 2000s.

Most of the whites in L.A. are liberals so I highly doubt they're the perps in most of these hate crimes.
You’re certainly right about Latino / Black race relations in LA.

But I don’t agree that LA whites being predominantly liberal equates as you suggest. An increase in hate crimes against Latinos doesn’t require all, or even a majority, of whites to be participants in order for whites to be increasingly responsible.

My observation was simply that whites perpetrate hate crimes against Latinos as well as the other way around.

Further, hate crimes are on the rise ... overall ... and especially since the election of Donald Chump. One is tempted to wonder if there is a correlation to a sense of empowerment given the Chumpster’s rhetoric? And who is feeling newly empowered? Blacks? Er ...

Old 07-11-2018, 01:49 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,875,216 times
I bet some people will say it is not a hate crime because it was against a white man.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
I bet some people will say it is not a hate crime because it was against a white man.
Some might say that. But hate crime stats list those events that harm whites as well as minorities.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:15 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,798,828 times
Quote:
I didn’t say it was whites who attacked the Mexican in the article ... just made a generic statement reflecting on the OP article. Try to be more accurate before posting your comments

But what the heck ... since you bring it up:
Hate Crimes Against Latinos Have Exploded in Los Angeles | L.A. Weekly
Of course, the article doesn’t specify it’s “whites” committing the 69% increase in hate crimes against Latinos in LA ... maybe the increase is all from blacks, eh?
"Generic statement", my ass. Your Demunist dissembling at your most cravenly Commiecrat is noted.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:20 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,798,828 times
Quote:
Some might say that. But hate crime stats list those events that harm whites as well as minorities.
Except they don't, largely because of dissembling like yours earlier.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
"Generic statement", my ass. Your Demunist dissembling at your most cravenly Commiecrat is noted.
Quote:
The problem that occurs when truth doesn’t fit with ideological narratives, such as yours, is that truth has a habit of rising to the surface at some point - irrefutably ... hate crimes against whites listed equally:

From the FBI statistical reporting:
Quote:
Racial/Ethnicity/Ancestry bias (Based on Table 1.)

Among single-bias hate crime incidents in 2016, there were 4,426 victims of race/ethnicity/ancestry motivated hate crime.

50.2 percent were victims of crimes motivated by their offenders’ anti-Black or African American bias.
20.5 percent were victims of anti-White bias.
10.9 percent were victims of anti-Hispanic or Latino bias.
4.3 percent were victims of bias against a group of individuals in which more than one race was represented (anti-multiple races, group).
3.8 percent were victims of anti-American Indian or Alaska Native bias.
3.1 percent were victims of anti-Asian bias.
1.3 percent were victims of anti-Arab bias.
0.2 percent (9 individuals) were victims of anti-Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander bias.
5.7 percent were victims of anti-Other Race/Ethnicity/Ancestry bias.
https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2016/topic-pages/victims

Old 07-13-2018, 08:54 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,133,689 times
Quote:
The problem that occurs when truth doesn’t fit with ideological narratives, such as yours, is that truth has a habit of rising to the surface at some point - irrefutably ... hate crimes against whites listed equally:

From the FBI statistical reporting:
Tulemutt, buddy, what people are trying to tell you is that we believe that the FBI is much lower than it truly should be. When whites are the victims of crime, it is not uncommon that it is at the hands of a perpetrator who is not white. Of course that does not mean those are all hate crimes, but racial animus towards whites is often overlooked.

*****20.5 percent were victims of anti-White bias.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Tulemutt, buddy, what people are trying to tell you is that we believe that the FBI is much lower than it truly should be. When whites are the victims of crime, it is not uncommon that it is at the hands of a perpetrator who is not white. Of course that does not mean those are all hate crimes, but racial animus towards whites is often overlooked.

*****20.5 percent were victims of anti-White bias.
OC, that is what you are telling me now ... that is not what the poster I responded to was trying to tell me. That poster (nick-something or other) was simply taking a personal shot (meh) as he has done multiple times at me on multiple threads ... each time ending with egg on his face.

There’s no way of knowing whether the stats are skewed more one way than the other. Who the hell could know how often crimes have racial animus either way? Some are obvious and reported. Others aren’t. Sure. I’m sure it goes both ways though. No bout a-doubt-it.

That said, all I wrote was a simple, straight rebuttal to the claim that hate crimes against whites aren’t reported in crime stats. They are.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
That is exactly what I was telling you. To get the dissembling and doubletalk out of you is impossible.
Hi Nick ... if that is what you were trying to say, you certainly didn’t do a very good job of it. Because this is how it went:

Quote:
Quote:
... and then, of course, I proved that they did.

Nowhere in your comment did you suggest as OC opined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
View detailed profiles of: