Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 06:52 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times

Advertisements

Leaflets include caricatures of Jews with big hooked noses rubbing their hands together; appear to be associated with far-right website Daily Stormer

https://www.timesofisrael.com/anti-s...ea-synagogues/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2018, 10:28 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
What rocks and cesspools did the leaflets crawl out of? The Bay Area still has such people?

Old 09-11-2018, 09:45 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What rocks and cesspools did the leaflets crawl out of? The Bay Area still has such people?
Yes, yes we do - and they tend to crawl out from under their rocks during the High Holy Days (which started yesterday), since I guess it's their yearly reminder to hate us.

Also 9/11 and its anniversaries are another reminder, since there are still people who think we were to blame. I remember attending High Holy Day services just after the attacks, and they had bomb-sniffing dogs outside our synagogue due to threats. Sad reality of being Jewish (or anything but WASP) in this country, even now. It's easy to ignore or pretend it doesn't exist, until you are within one of the targeted groups... we don't have that luxury!

Old 09-11-2018, 09:53 PM

381 posts, read 344,987 times
Can’t say for sure, but I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that this is another hoax to feed the media narrative that there are white supremacists roaming the streets everywhere. The propaganda mill is strong.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman1 View Post
Can’t say for sure, but I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that this is another hoax to feed the media narrative that there are white supremacists roaming the streets everywhere. The propaganda mill is strong.
Typical denier response.

I am a Jewish woman in the Bay Area, and you can believe me - they DO EXIST, and have been a threat to us for many many years (basically since our people first got here). This doesn’t mean they are “roaming the streets everywhere,” and we’re certainly safer here than we are in other regions. But to brush this off as propaganda/fake is lazy, insulting, and only adding to the problems. So kindly go away now, and come back when you CAN “say for sure.”

FYI: I have personally met a group (guess they’d call it a chapter) of Aryan Nation members in Napa County... disgustingly, one of them used to flirt with me where I worked. Ugh!! And if you’re wondering how I know they’re white supremacists, the swastika/SS tattoos and AN jackets were a pretty clear sign.

Last edited by gizmo980; 09-12-2018 at 01:01 AM..

Old 09-12-2018, 09:38 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Right, because conspiracies are everywhere?

Old 09-12-2018, 10:15 AM

381 posts, read 344,987 times
Speaking of conspiracies, maybe the Russians are to blame?

Old 09-12-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Speaking of conspiracies, maybe the Russians are to blame?
Okay, now you're just trolling us... go play somewhere else!

Old 09-16-2018, 12:11 PM

258 posts, read 230,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Sad reality of being Jewish (or anything but WASP) in this country, even now. It's easy to ignore or pretend it doesn't exist, until you are within one of the targeted groups... we don't have that luxury!

Oh, give me a break - you too with the "it's the white people's fault"? Seriously, I'm starting to feel sorry for white people, they seem to be blamed for everything these days. As a Jew I haven't felt persecuted in SFBA even once although granted I'm not religious so I don't go to places of worship much.

Old 09-16-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchromesh View Post
Oh, give me a break - you too with the "it's the white people's fault"? Seriously, I'm starting to feel sorry for white people, they seem to be blamed for everything these days. As a Jew I haven't felt persecuted in SFBA even once although granted I'm not religious so I don't go to places of worship much.
Where did I say it was white people's fault??

I only mentioned "WASPs" as people who aren't targeted by hate groups... never said it was their FAULT, so please read more carefully before attacking someone next time. And maybe if you were more observant, you would know that we're frequently threatened. I feel safe walking down the street (especially since I don't wear anything obviously identifying me as Jewish), but we're at risk any time we gather en masse. That's the truth, even if you choose to ignore it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland