U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2018, 02:32 PM

11,249 posts, read 5,158,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
It is not logical to believe presidio heights or cow hollow have similar homeless issues as the tenderloin or mid market areas.
Of course! However, I thought that would be obvious.

This is what I stated: Logic, math and getting out more would certainly tell any observable human that this issue can be seen all over the city. Think about it...nearly a quarter of the Bay Area's total homeless population is squeezed into just 49 square miles. Sure there are areas of higher concentration over other areas...but to make the claim that it's only in the Mid Market/Tenderloin is disingenuous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanoSF View Post
This is becoming a familiar pattern for you.
There is no familiar pattern other than your inability to keep up or follow the discussion in a thread.
Quote:
"The Michelin Guide is not relevant in rating restaurants" or "imagine 7500 homeless people squeezed into 49 square miles! Math and logic tells any observable human that the whole city is overrun!"
This is the evidence of your inability to follow along. You don't appear to posses the ability to read and comprehend what people post. You instead twist it to fit your perception of what you "think" they are posting vs. what they actually posted.

I will ask you again. Do you think SF is overrated?

Old 12-30-2018, 02:37 PM

349 posts, read 144,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Right you are. I live in Pacific Heights (in a studio apt that I moved into before the second tech boom...
thank goodness for rent control!) and there is no sign of homelessness here.
Anyone who looked homeless would be run off by the cops. Now and then the cops roll through the park at night,
presumably to make sure nobody is camping there.
But I've never seen them arrest anyone... there's never anyone there to arrest.
Also, there's not much reason for a homeless person to come up here.
The resources they need are downtown: Meals can be had at Glide. To get out of the weather, go the the main library.

I've lived in SF for many years... it works for me, but I also think it's overrated.
Maybe if I was into opera, wine, high-end restaurants, etc. I'd have a different opinion.
But Seattle or Portland would work just as well for me.
I'd take Seattle or Portland, too! Really great cities, but I'd probably find them overrated for similar reasons as you find SF overrated, as they charge a pretty high premium without the same level of cultural, restaurant and (arguably) wine amenities. I do love Oregon Pinots, but haven't really visited its wineries.

Opera isn't my thing either, but SFJAZZ--now you're talking! Fillmore Jazz Fest is also a favorite. Lots to love about our neighborhood and city. I regret not moving here sooner to take advantage of low rent-controlled prices, but I'm happy I'm here now, nonetheless.

So far, I'm getting good value for the high price paid!

Old 12-30-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
There is no familiar pattern other than your inability to keep up or follow the discussion in a thread.
This is the evidence of your inability to follow along. You don't appear to posses the ability to read and comprehend what people post. You instead twist it to fit your perception of what you "think" they are posting vs. what they actually posted.

I will ask you again. Do you think SF is overrated?
Ah, there's that reading comprehension and diversion problem again. I already answered you--twice now--that I do not.

Old 12-30-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I already answered you--twice now--that I do not.
Great then why are you participating in this thread with 63 posts?

Check out the title of this thread...why are you here doing nothing but attacking others, insulting others?

Since you don't think SF is overrated then what's your agenda with posting 63 posts most of which are over the top off topic or insulting posts?

A change of a username will not mask past posting behaviors.

Old 12-30-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Great then why are you participating in this thread with 63 posts?

Check out the title of this thread...why are you here doing nothing but attacking others, insulting others?

Since you don't think SF is overrated then what's your agenda with posting 63 posts most of which are over the top off topic or insulting posts?

A change of a username will not mask past posting behaviors.
I don't understand your point. Are only posts to the question in the affirmative allowed (presumably by you)?

Old 12-30-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
I don't understand your point.
Yes that's what I've been pointing out about you for a while now. You don't appear to posses the ability to read and comprehend what people post.
Quote:
Are only posts to the question in the affirmative allowed (presumably by you)?
The point was you have 64 posts of nothing but over the top off topic opinions in addition to snarky rude and insulting posts against anyone who thinks SF is overrated.

Seems like a complete waste of one's time. If you don't realize this about yourself, that's your issue to work on, not mine.

Old 12-30-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Yes that's what I've been pointing out about you for a while now. You don't appear to posses the ability to read and comprehend what people post.
The point was you have 64 posts of nothing but over the top off topic opinions in addition to snarky rude and insulting posts against anyone who thinks SF is overrated.

Seems like a complete waste of one's time. If you don't realize this about yourself, that's your issue to work on, not mine.
Great, so don't deal with it!

Since you are policing the thread, however, it should be noted that your second post here was a completely unprovoked one directed at me, not the topic.

My posts have all either been directed at the question posed, or in elaboration of a supporting point of such. I'm not sure why you would find any of my comments insulting, given the context of yours to me.

I'm happy to end that there, though, and return to the discussion--what about the Warfield did you find "overrated?"

Old 12-30-2018, 04:46 PM

2,269 posts, read 961,194 times
If you don't like something as much as someone else likes that thing, why is that person overrating it?

I wouldn't live in Toledo, though I'm sure many Toledoans love it. It would be rather self-absorbed of me to tell them that they shouldn't like it more than I would, now wouldn't it? I don't like brussels sprouts or ice fishing or opera, but if someone else does... so what?

People are so self-absorbed.

[No, I don't live in the Bay Area, and I can think of many places I'd rather live - but then, I realize that it's not all about me.]

Old 12-30-2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Great, so don't deal with it!
Reading comprehension issues. Go back and re-read. Why restate what I've already stated?
Quote:
--what about the Warfield did you find "overrated?"
You bet! The Warfield is a dirty, outdated, concert venue...I already knew this as I've attended other shows there.

It's not that difficult to check out reviews on this venue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland