Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2019, 04:49 PM

1,336 posts, read 927,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Can’t be asap enough ... get on with it.
Assuming you are one in the long grey line of libs who want the evil cons out of Cali, yeah, no problem, I've heard it all before, and yes, you won... you ran us out of town on a rail. Good job, congrats, more and more you can really get into your intense group think, leverage your supermajority in Sacramento, and make Vlad and Karl proud af.

Your strategy of getting votes through immigration was truly brilliant long term planning !
I gotta hand it to you all on that one. Dirty pool, but wtf, you've done your homework in your UC Berkeley classroom and have well implemented all that the Prince would have to teach.

Except your thinking isn't actually long term or rigorous enough. But that won't be proven in this forum, so let's just father time judge that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I was speaking metaphorically - but that works! Good luck in AZ to both of you!
Thank you, and if you are one of the oppressed, i.e. non radical progressive, aka normal person, I pray you will somehow nonetheless thrive in the land of loons.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:20 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
Assuming you are one in the long grey line of libs who want the evil cons out of Cali, yeah, no problem, I've heard it all before, and yes, you won... you ran us out of town on a rail. Good job, congrats, more and more you can really get into your intense group think, leverage your supermajority in Sacramento, and make Vlad and Karl proud af.

Your strategy of getting votes through immigration was truly brilliant long term planning !
I gotta hand it to you all on that one. Dirty pool, but wtf, you've done your homework in your UC Berkeley classroom and have well implemented all that the Prince would have to teach.

Except your thinking isn't actually long term or rigorous enough. But that won't be proven in this forum, so let's just father time judge that one.
I am in my 70’s. High school dropout. Retired enlisted military combat vet. Retired second career blue collar small business owner (print shop). I am anti-immigration. Strong on border security. Anti-welfare. Super states’ rights advocate. Gun owner.

Sound like “a lib” to you?

Ideologies - all of them: political, religious, whatever - are poor excuses for having a lazy intellect. Science and rational analytics/logic are homo-sapiens’ unique tools. Too bad few take advantage of them to chart their course.

Have a nice life ... in Arizona. The more every kind of people leave California, the better.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:24 PM

Superb Tulemutt, your background is most impressive, honestly. And thank you for your service.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:38 PM

8,666 posts, read 3,866,412 times
[quote=veritased;54318640]Thank you, and if you are one of the oppressed, i.e. non radical progressive, aka normal person, I pray you will somehow nonetheless thrive in the land of loons.[/QUOTE

Thanks - my ability to thrive in SF (or anywhere) is not contingent upon strangers - and that includes loons of either political party.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:07 PM

I wish I could say the same.

Old 02-03-2019, 04:56 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,019 times
Somehow we ended up in a dystopian parallel reality where prop 187 was blocked by a federal judge instead of enacted as the vast majority of California voters wished it to be.

What a different world California would be today.
Lower crime, cleaner streets, less homeless, more state resources...the California dream would probably still be alive.

Old 02-03-2019, 05:03 PM

Nay, instead we now have a growing movement towards Sanctuary City's.

A time in where an 5 time deported 7 felony convicted illegal alien can kill a US citizen in cold blood, claim then it was an accident and our beloved and oh so progressive and sensitive to reforming criminals decided to basically let him out of jail scot free.

Yes, and let's not forget all the other propositions where felonies have been reduced to misdemeanors, spiking more crime in our west San Jose area, since now it's just a slap on the wrist to break and enter.

You ain't seen nothing yet... wait Handsom Newsom gets going... in 5 years all the progressive Google and Facebook execs will be driving in armored cars like they do in Sao Paolo.

Old 02-03-2019, 05:08 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
Somehow we ended up in a dystopian parallel reality where prop 187 was blocked by a federal judge instead of enacted as the vast majority of California voters wished it to be.

Lower crime, cleaner streets, less homeless, more state resources...the California dream would probably still be alive.
Who is "we"? Your profile says "New England" Why are you so concerned about California laws?

Old 02-03-2019, 05:19 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post

You do understand that our system of government was intentionally designed this way right? That voters were never supposed to have all the power. To the REPUBLIC for which it stands. Actually is in there for a reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland