Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 07:02 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times

Advertisements

I used to like San Ramon, it reminds me of SoCal. I’m surprised house price there doesn’t go up.

Edit to add, I just checked on Redfin and a condo is close to a $1 million.

Last edited by NewbieHere; 03-04-2019 at 07:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatkindafamily View Post
You are talking about West Dublin, whereas I am talking about East Dublin - its like comparing east palo alto with palo alto. A new construction latest home in Dublin is now anywhere between $1.4M (around Wallis Ranch) to $2.3M (Toll Bros Bluffs). A 2012 home in Pleasanton is rare to find and if found then is usually custom built and starts around $3M or so. The only good areas of Pleasanton are near Bernal Heights & Ruby Hill. Otherwise leaving those areas, other parts of Pleasanton have huge issues like bad smell from landfill & Amtrak noise & shaking. Prices in Pleasanton are going up only in certain places like the ones I mentioned. But in East Dublin, prices are going up all over East side, not West. Landfill smell is the major reason people from Pleasanton are moving towards East Dublin & also proximity to Bart that San Ramon doesn't offer. I am talking about East Dublin only, not West Dublin. I don't agree with a lot of your points
What’s the zip code of East Dublin. I want to look up on Redfin.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:17 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
You are talking about West Dublin, whereas I am talking about East Dublin - its like comparing east palo alto with palo alto. A new construction latest home in Dublin is now anywhere between $1.4M (around Wallis Ranch) to $2.3M (Toll Bros Bluffs). A 2012 home in Pleasanton is rare to find and if found then is usually custom built and starts around $3M or so. The only good areas of Pleasanton are near Bernal Heights & Ruby Hill. Otherwise leaving those areas, other parts of Pleasanton have huge issues like bad smell from landfill & Amtrak noise & shaking. Prices in Pleasanton are going up only in certain places like the ones I mentioned. But in East Dublin, prices are going up all over East side, not West. Landfill smell is the major reason people from Pleasanton are moving towards East Dublin & also proximity to Bart that San Ramon doesn't offer. I am talking about East Dublin only, not West Dublin. I don't agree with a lot of your points
The opposite of everything this guy said - a 25 yr TriValley resident.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:48 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
Funny you say all of this. Your bias is that you like newer homes. I lived in Pleasanton just a few minutes from a disposal site and there is no landfill smell, so stop spreading lies. Amtrak noise and shaking? Only in a few isolated areas next to the tracks, so stop generalizing all of Pleasanton. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Did you even look at the preserve in Pleasanton? How about castle wood? Based on your posts and the fact that you thought the outlet mall was part of Dublin tell me you don’t know the area very well at all.
Btw comparing east and west Dublin differences with East Palo Alto And Palo Alto is once again a gross and inaccurate exaggeration on your part.
Many people wind up in Dublin because like you they can’t afford Pleasanton and will settle for cookie cutter zero lot line homes as a consolation. They also prefer the schools in Pleasanton over Dublin too.
If you want newer construction for a lower price, then Dublin is a choice because the desirability of Pleasanton or San Ramon or Danville makes it too expensive. Very few people move from Pleasanton to Dublin unless they have to have newer housing, most consider it a step down .

As far as proximity to Bart compared to San Ramon, you might want to learn how to read a map. Both are about the same distance. Another lie on your part.

You really should explore the other areas before making unfounded statements about them. The two posters before me seem to disagree with you . I got a pm from someone else that said you must be a realtor in Dublin trying to get business by exaggerating how great Dublin is compared to the other cities in the tri Valley in other threads hoping those new people thinking of moving to the area won’t know better. But it seems locals and those that know the area like me are calling you out.

Last edited by aslowdodge; 03-05-2019 at 12:04 AM..

Old 03-05-2019, 06:58 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
I’m from the area as well.
Heck I even lived in Dublin.
Why??
Because I couldn’t yet afford the nicer places.
And BTW I am familiar with the dumps.
Very nice dump.
And NO it doesn’t smell

Old 03-05-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Funny you say all of this. Your bias is that you like newer homes. I lived in Pleasanton just a few minutes from a disposal site and there is no landfill smell, so stop spreading lies. Amtrak noise and shaking? Only in a few isolated areas next to the tracks, so stop generalizing all of Pleasanton. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Did you even look at the preserve in Pleasanton? How about castle wood? Based on your posts and the fact that you thought the outlet mall was part of Dublin tell me you don’t know the area very well at all.
Btw comparing east and west Dublin differences with East Palo Alto And Palo Alto is once again a gross and inaccurate exaggeration on your part.
Many people wind up in Dublin because like you they can’t afford Pleasanton and will settle for cookie cutter zero lot line homes as a consolation. They also prefer the schools in Pleasanton over Dublin too.
If you want newer construction for a lower price, then Dublin is a choice because the desirability of Pleasanton or San Ramon or Danville makes it too expensive. Very few people move from Pleasanton to Dublin unless they have to have newer housing, most consider it a step down .

As far as proximity to Bart compared to San Ramon, you might want to learn how to read a map. Both are about the same distance. Another lie on your part.

You really should explore the other areas before making unfounded statements about them. The two posters before me seem to disagree with you . I got a pm from someone else that said you must be a realtor in Dublin trying to get business by exaggerating how great Dublin is compared to the other cities in the tri Valley in other threads hoping those new people thinking of moving to the area won’t know better. But it seems locals and those that know the area like me are calling you out.
I’m not aware of any landfill or disposal site either. I almost bought a house in Kottinger Range in Pleasanton, the house was ok, but the lot was huge, 1/2 acre, that’s what I like.
However, I’m aware of train tracks nearby. IIRC

I also have doubt that new homes are built better, I’m in one and we have been fixing things, while our home in the Bay Area had no problem for years. I did google East Dublin and saw 3 new homes, they don’t look that well built. Plus the school rating of San Ramon is much better than East Dublin.

Old 03-05-2019, 01:23 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
The dump is off Valley Road

Old 03-05-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
The dump is off Valley Road
Yup and I lived 2 minutes away from it for years and never smelled anything and I’m a bit hypersensitive to smells. The poster has no idea or is just straight out lying.

Old 03-05-2019, 01:37 PM

I couldn’t find it online. Valley Road and what cross street. So far I’ve found a recycling center.

Old 03-05-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I couldn’t find it online. Valley Road and what cross street. So far I’ve found a recycling center.
Aka the dumps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland