Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 03:02 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times

Advertisements

I don't like this. We need conservative voices to temper our prevailing views, and they need to be around us so they don't forget that we are all the same once you peel apart what I view as mostly superficial differences. It's not good that theyre only exposure to people with opposing views is a media outlet so toxic and divisive as Fox News.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/03/...-move-out/amp/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2019, 04:00 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I don't like this. We need conservative voices to temper our prevailing views, and they need to be around us so they don't forget that we are all the same once you peel apart what I view as mostly superficial differences. It's not good that theyre only exposure to people with opposing views is a media outlet so toxic and divisive as Fox News.

What did you expect? Republicans can raise there voices to the hill tops they won’t be heard. They’re not even listening to dems begging them to fix the city just a little. I thought I’d be a higher percentage then 3 to 1 frankly. When libs try and burn down a building at Berkeley when a conservative (Milo) speaks there it’s time to get outta dodge.

Old 03-17-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
What did you expect? Republicans can raise there voices to the hill tops they won’t be heard. They’re not even listening to dems begging them to fix the city just a little. I thought I’d be a higher percentage then 3 to 1 frankly. When libs try and burn down a building at Berkeley when a conservative (Milo) speaks there it’s time to get outta dodge.
This^ is precisely the Fox News hyperbole I was speaking about.

1. 99.9999% of locals gave 2 shts about Milo-whats-his-face's grand standing, and 99.9999% of locals gave 2 shts about the extremist fanatics that opposed him and his ilk.

2. If a conservative want to woo us, then talk like this:

3. I think the moderate image has been badly tarnished by insults by both the left and right.

But I digress.

Old 03-17-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
This^ is precisely the Fox News hyperbole I was speaking about.

1. 99.9999% of locals gave 2 shts about Milo-whats-his-face's grand standing, and 99.9999% of locals gave 2 shts about the extremist fanatics that opposed him and his ilk.

2. If a conservative want to woo us, then talk like this:

3. I think the moderate image has been badly tarnished by insults by both the left and right.

But I digress.
Milo wasn't grand standing he had to leave the city in fear. It's not hyperbole if it really happened. Just keep making excuses for the crazy libs that are all over that area and keep watching conservatives leaving. You can't complain and defend on the same topic.

I'm just trying to explain how conservatives might see things there and feel helpless and outnumbered and you accuse me of hyperbole and get all defensive. What exactly do you want to happen there? All conservatives just go lockstep with the far left there and maintain status quo? Then you'll happily live with them for the variety in life (but there is no real variety you won't stand for it)

Last edited by Finper; 03-17-2019 at 06:28 PM..

Old 03-17-2019, 06:06 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Milo wasn't grand standing he had to leave the city in fear. It's not hyperbole if it really happened. Just keep making excuses for the crazy libs that are all over that area and keep watching conservatives leaving. You can't complain and defend on the same topic.
Finper stop. Obviously the nutcases in New Zealand, Norway, Quebec, Pittsburg, Charlottsville, Charleston SC, Sutherland Springs TX, .... (I can go on at length). .... don’t represent 99.999% of conservatives, right?

Montclair’s point ...

Stop with the broad brush lables. That is precisely the problem being addressed here.

Old 03-17-2019, 06:09 PM

1,336 posts, read 927,699 times
Quote:

LOL, oh really, check the man in the mirror ... don't forget CNN and MSNBC !

It's funny, I hear people say, oh gee, we need more diverse voices, but as soon as one shows up, wowee, do they get all discombobulated. What they mean is a slightly less radical part of the progressive spectrum.

The good news is the red states will get redder, the blue states will get bluer.
Everyone will be happy(er). We can trade as we see fit, and well, there goes the "United" States of America. We will be, or rather, are already, less united than the countries in the EU.

I'm not going to assess blame, everyone has their rock solid assessment of the other side trying to pull the country apart, so let's not go there, we will never agree.

Old 03-17-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Milo wasn't grand standing.
That's all he does. Why get so emotional defending a troll? Well looking at whose in the White House, I guess Im not surprised.

Quote:
Just keep making excuses for the crazy libs that are all over that area and keep watching conservatives leaving.
Again, We want real conservatives like this:

Old 03-17-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
That's all he does. Why get so emotional defending a troll? Well looking at whose in the White House, I guess Im not surprised.

This isn't 1979 and the topic isn't the border. And I agree Reagan was a decent President he did a lot of good

Old 03-17-2019, 06:59 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Quote:
This isn't 1979 and the topic isn't the border. And I agree Reagan was a decent President he did a lot of good
Disagree. Reagan was one of the worst POTUS ever. But not because he was a conservative.

Good examples? HW Bush (who I voted for) and Eisenhower come quickly to mind in the top slot. But there are many in congress even today whom I would support.

The point is: balance comes from sane, experienced minds. Polarization is grandstanding.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Disagree. Reagan was one of the worst POTUS ever. But not because he was a conservative.

Good examples? HW Bush (who I voted for) and Eisenhower come quickly to mind in the top slot. But there are many in congress even today whom I would support.

The point is: balance comes from sane, experienced minds. Polarization is grandstanding.
Thank You!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland