U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2019, 03:08 PM

8,513 posts, read 6,008,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I never told you to stop posting (or that it upsets me) lol - to the contrary, I find your ideological thinking (and SF bashing) amusing. Total misunderstanding.
So show me where I am bashing San Francisco
In the meantime I'll keep posting despite you complaining about posters throwing shade.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 03:16 PM

8,513 posts, read 6,008,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJonesIII View Post
Does this surprise you? It doesn't matter how helpful he's been, the minute he gave some constructive criticism, it was over. It's all about safe spaces and group thinking. You don't march in lockstep and you're labeled an enemy.
Exactly. When I gave Tashaposh positive help it was fine, but now that I've said something that is not rainbows about an area she hardly knows I'm the bad guy. Well now I know the kind of person she is.

Old 04-18-2019, 03:28 PM

7,227 posts, read 2,266,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I don't know think Novato is considered the area that was rated. it's pretty far out. If you want me to give you more respect on your opinion, live in the area and do it for a while. Not like someone who is brand new and has stars in their eyes with no experience.
As I said, on your other posts I even offered you advice on where you could move and positive posts despite others not doing so.
I will say that you appear to becoming one of those overly defensive California posters, but the funny thing is at least the others that do so live there and have for awhile. You have not.
I'm happy.....& I don't live in Novato...& you shouldn't try to announce where someone is living in the forum if they don't have it listed on their profile....I've had other people try to do it with hospitals I was looking into for employment. So please S T O P getting personal with me. I just moved here...ofc I am excited.

Old 04-18-2019, 06:07 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,045,322 times
A lot of the people bashing the SF Bay Area seem to be conservatives who have a hard on for The Bay Area for political reasons or people who could not afford to live here and had to relocate to a lower cost of living red state like Texas or Georgia and are still bitter MANYyears later.
I mean I have never seen someone who owned a home in a desirable urban Bay Area neighborhood like Lake street, st frances woods, or Claremont pines move to another expensive desirable area like Park Slope, Kensington London or the 19th arrondissement then come on the site for years later complaining about the Bay Area. Actually I haven't seen someone who owned somewhere like glen park or presidio heights move and then bash the Bay Area for years. it's always people who didn't have the bank to live well here.
Bitter.
Just my opinion of course

Old 04-18-2019, 07:36 PM

1,204 posts, read 631,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
A lot of the people bashing the SF Bay Area seem to be conservatives who have a hard on for The Bay Area for political reasons or people who could not afford to live here and had to relocate to a lower cost of living red state like Texas or Georgia and are still bitter MANYyears later.
I mean I have never seen someone who owned a home in a desirable urban Bay Area neighborhood like Lake street, st frances woods, or Claremont pines move to another expensive desirable area like Park Slope, Kensington London or the 19th arrondissement then come on the site for years later complaining about the Bay Area. Actually I haven't seen someone who owned somewhere like glen park or presidio heights move and then bash the Bay Area for years. it's always people who didn't have the bank to live well here.
Bitter.
Just my opinion of course
Yeah, when all else fails, let's get to that labeling. And what do you say about people providing the same constructive criticism that still live here? You do realize there are many of us around that aren't afraid to say the Emperor has no clothes?

FWIW, I've never known anyone that lived in St. Francis Woods (check your spelling) in all the years I've lived here. I have known people that lived in Glen Park that would make similar comments to me (it's not bashing if it's true as far as I'm concerned). Do you realize that many people don't plan on retiring in such a high cost of living area?

Why do you feel people need to be censored? There's nothing wrong with anyone coming to any forum. I for one, like to hear about people that moved away and how things have progressed. Sorry if you don't.

Last edited by JJonesIII; 04-18-2019 at 07:58 PM..

Old 04-18-2019, 07:50 PM

34,664 posts, read 60,373,455 times
Quote:
Yeah, when all else fails, let's get to that labeling. And what do you say about people providing the same constructive criticism that still live here?
Constructive? Haha that's rich.

Old 04-18-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Constructive? Haha that's rich.
Yawn. Go back to your safe space.

Old 04-19-2019, 10:26 AM

34,664 posts, read 60,373,455 times
Quote:
Yawn. Go back to your safe space.
Haha tell us again about how miserable we're supposed to be? I find it so hilarious that those of us who actually live here are supposed to acquiesce to out-of-town Fox news viewers telling us about where we live-not happening.

Yawn indeed.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Haha tell us again about how miserable we're supposed to be? I find it so hilarious that those of us who actually live here are supposed to acquiesce to out-of-town Fox news viewers telling us about where we live-not happening.

Yawn indeed.
Oh my "Out of town Fox news viewers", lol (looks like you're getting desperate now with your stereotyping...wish I could help you with that). I'm sorry, but I didn't attend the "all residents must love the Bay Area class" that you apparently did. But your true colors have come out. What was said earlier has come home to roost. You simply can't handle an opposing viewpoint and cling to a "group think" mentality.

I don't recall saying anything about "we", but while we're at it...define "we". I'm sure the 85% of of residents that can't afford a median price home think things are just hunky dory

And you certainly don't speak for me.

Last edited by JJonesIII; 04-19-2019 at 03:32 PM..

Old 04-19-2019, 03:55 PM

601 posts, read 294,288 times
Quote:

FWIW, I've never known anyone that lived in St. Francis Woods (check your spelling) in all the years I've lived here. I have known people that lived in Glen Park that would make similar comments to me (it's not bashing if it's true as far as I'm concerned). Do you realize that many people don't plan on retiring in such a high cost of living area?

Why do you feel people need to be censored? There's nothing wrong with anyone coming to any forum. I for one, like to hear about people that moved away and how things have progressed. Sorry if you don't.
I know one person who lives in St. Francis Woods and another who used to live in Glen Park and now lives in the Inner Sunset. Both are quite happy and contribute to their retirements comfortably, as do I.

It's just anecdotal info... There are all types in SF.

It's really simple. For someone like me who can afford it and actually loves the vibe, SF is a spectacular place to live.

If you're struggling with the COL or the politics, it's not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland