Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2019, 11:02 AM

10,306 posts, read 8,469,695 times

Advertisements

[quote=TashaPosh;54963801]I've seen a lot of CC's posts that say the Bay Area isn't perfect....& a lot that say he still loves it. So?

I did just move here...& I am l o v i n g it too. It's fun for me to read threads about where the Bay Area ranks....& ty for granting me permission to have an opinion, too..Lol.

But....how do you know CC is liberal? I have never seen where he says is either one....hmmm?[/QUOTE

I didn’t grant you permission, so please stop trying to make it like I was out to talk down to you.
the creator of the forum did. I was just saying you had an opinion just like me and others and are completely free to express it just like we are despite some people not wanting us to.
Since cc says the Bay Area isn’t perfect in some of his posts, why is he allowed to posts negatives, but then criticizes others by pointing out issues that say the Bay Area isn’t perfect? Isn’t that hypocritical?

As far as cc. Being liberal, I can’t say for sure, nor can you. He’ll have to answer that one.
I generalized which may or may correct. It’s well know California prides itself as being liberal, especially the bay areas, so I would imagine if he loves it in the Bay Area he identifies with it he is probably liberal.
But since liberals dominate the state it only stands to reason most of the posters living in California are as such.
Now as far loving the Bay Area it’s great that you love it. But then again you don’t live there just as I don’t.
Now if you lived there and were paying for housing there I would respect your opinion a bit more since you would be experiencing it as a resident and not a person who just moved to California with no life experience there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2019, 11:10 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,517,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Now as far loving the Bay Area it’s great that you love it. But then again you don’t live there just as I don’t.
Now if you lived there and were paying for housing there I would respect your opinion a bit more since you would be experiencing it as a resident and not a person who just moved to California with no life experience there.
The Bay Area is my new home...I do L I V E H E R E, I've talked about moving here in other posts...even earlier in this thread.

Old 04-17-2019, 01:23 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,743,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post

Again I don’t care either. I will just continue to post my opinion which is every bit as valid as yours. Sorry if your liberal California thought process would rather have censorship and not allow other people to post their opinions. You are welcome to post anywhere you want on this forum as am I and others. It’s your choice whether you do or not, but don’t tell me or others to stop posting here because you can’t handle it or it upsets you. My suggestion is since this has been the way for many years and won’t change, maybe you not read posts since it upsets you so much.
Even though you live in the area, don’t think you know more than some posters who even though they no longer live in California have lived there many years longer than you have.
I never told you to stop posting (or that it upsets me) lol - to the contrary, I find your ideological thinking (and SF bashing) amusing. Total misunderstanding.

Old 04-17-2019, 02:31 PM

1,203 posts, read 829,446 times
Wow Dodge, you even have people sticking their tongue out at you. As for everything else, if was just a figment of your imagination. No one ever discouraged you from making comments

Old 04-17-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
The Bay Area is my new home...I do L I V E H E R E, I've talked about moving here in other posts...even earlier in this thread.

You will soon see (if you haven’t already) why it is considered the most desirable place to live (per the study). You also might already see why it’s one of the most expensive, too - lol.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSmow View Post
Dodge, I've always found your comments amusing also (sarc)

When you reminisce about things in your past in Northern or Southern California that you were fond of, it always gives me a belly laugh.

And then there's all that silly advice you give to people who are visiting the area or relocating here. Giving them suggestions on where to visit or affordable areas to move in. That stuff is just comedy gold.

The most amusing by far though, is when people start talking about affordability issues. Instead of simply ignoring their comment and then going off on a tangent and talking about how wonderful it is with the beaches and the "incredible" weather, you offer them some practical advice on the ability to buy property in other states, raising a family, possibly retiring early, and (most importantly...saving enough money for a sustainable retirement).
I don’t know what you are going on about, but I’m not sure why you quoted me in your tribute to Dodge. You’ve obviously been quite moved by him.

I understand the COL is outrageous in SF (and not everyone can afford to retire/live here); but that is part of the landscape, so to speak, when a City is the #1 most desirable place to live (and 7th overall).

Old 04-18-2019, 12:34 PM

1,203 posts, read 829,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSmow View Post
Dodge, I've always found your comments amusing also (sarc)

When you reminisce about things in your past in Northern or Southern California that you were fond of, it always gives me a belly laugh.

And then there's all that silly advice you give to people who are visiting the area or relocating here. Giving them suggestions on where to visit or affordable areas to move in. That stuff is just comedy gold.

The most amusing by far though, is when people start talking about affordability issues. Instead of simply ignoring their comment and then going off on a tangent and talking about how wonderful it is with the beaches and the "incredible" weather, you offer them some practical advice on the ability to buy property in other states, raising a family, possibly retiring early, and (most importantly...saving enough money for a sustainable retirement). I just shake my head when you get into stuff like that and think what a silly man you are.

Ironically, even though Austin is #1 on this list, no one on that forum is crowing about it. They actually think it's pretty ridiculous. And then they precede to talk about infrastructure problems, over crowding issues and affordability. Some might say they're just negative. I say they're practical, don't care about cheerleading, don't cast a blind eye to the problems of the area, and are more interested in talking about improving things than how great they are. They're quite humble.
Does this surprise you? It doesn't matter how helpful he's been, the minute he gave some constructive criticism, it was over. It's all about safe spaces and group thinking. You don't march in lockstep and you're labeled an enemy.

Old 04-18-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post

You will soon see (if you haven’t already) why it is considered the most desirable place to live (per the study). You also might already see why it’s one of the most expensive, too - lol.
I'm feeling both ...Lol. But I am loving it so far!

Old 04-18-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Why is EVERYTHING through the lens of political views? I suspect this is the motivation behind at least 95% of the anti bay area posts and threads posted here.

People from here dont actively seek out subforums for conservative areas just to start sht. What kind of "thought process" is that?
Ita...

Old 04-18-2019, 03:06 PM

10,306 posts, read 8,469,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I don't know think Novato is considered the area that was rated. it's pretty far out. If you want me to give you more respect on your opinion, live in the area and do it for a while. Not like someone who is brand new and has stars in their eyes with no experience.
As I said, on your other posts I even offered you advice on where you could move and positive posts despite others not doing so.
I will say that you appear to becoming one of those overly defensive California posters, but the funny thing is at least the others that do so live there and have for awhile. You have not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland