Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2019, 04:15 PM

926 posts, read 971,527 times

Advertisements

I am looking to travel to SFO few times next months, i am looking to see a good suggestion on any convenient, public free accessible, yet somewhat secluded with fewer people, any study spots any?
Could be nice if it is outside, rooftop or in open space with cafes or eateries nearby so I can spend some $$ and bring in some revenue for doing so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 05:31 AM

653 posts, read 458,530 times
SF has many such spaces!:

https://sfpopos.com/

My favorites are:

the Transamerica Redwood Park- very peaceful and close to lots of coffee and lunch spots. The fountain and trees drown out the City almost completely. It's an urban oasis. Occasionally, there is some live music out there on the steps, though, which could hamper your studying.

One Kearny - This rooftop has the best views! Right on Market St. in the heart of the City. It gets a bit busy around lunchtime, but other times it's pretty quiet.

343 Sansome - another rooftop that is less crowded (always very quiet!) mostly because its views are not as awesome.

There's also a really nice landscaped park on top of the Maritime Plaza building's parking garage. It's about 5 stories above street level, open to the public, sunny, beautifully kept and almost always completely deserted, at least during the week. I think the combination of it being a privately owned park and being elevated above the street (plus other parks close by at street level) keeps this one secret.

Most are outdoor plazas, but some POPOs are also office building lobbies, atriums, courtyards, etc. and are set up with tables and chairs for you to work or study. Some even have electric outlets. There is usually a wifi signal available in SF, too. They may have guards at the desk, but don't be discouraged. They won't mess with you. If they have the POPO sign, these spaces are designated for exactly what you are seeking.

Enjoy!

Last edited by DeanoSF; 04-29-2019 at 05:56 AM..

Old 04-29-2019, 09:51 AM

8,484 posts, read 3,729,258 times
Hands down - the UCSF Library. The views of the GG are spectacular - and everything you need is at your disposal.

Old 04-29-2019, 09:54 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,424,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanoSF View Post
SF has many such spaces!:

https://sfpopos.com/

My favorites are:
Oh good, at least you didn't suggest sfpoops.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland