Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2019, 10:15 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
It’s Oracle Park, actually (best ballpark in the country, despite the tourists, and it is another thing I love about living in the City). The sign was changed several months ago. There were a lot of changes for the 2019 season.
Just because you think so, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieB1980 View Post
The big deal is it makes some people feel better about themselves to sneer at a homeless man on the street by showing his picture and degrading him in public. He's a human being.
Paranoid much? Just because someone take a pix of a guy laying on the ground in a public place (tourist trap area) doesn't mean they are making themselves feel better and/or sneering at the homeless.

And then again, where's your outrage at NBC and MSNBC. They sent entire news crews out on the streets of San Francisco and video recorded various homeless people in various situations to show on national tv.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:34 AM

8,666 posts, read 3,866,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Just because you think so, right?
It’s a thread as to why we love living in SF - lol, so yeah, because I think so. D’oh! That said, actually, whenever ballparks are ‘rated’, it almost always comes out on top (and tourists are never listed as a reason not to like it - lol). In fact, tourists bothering to come see it only serves to solidify how beautiful (and unique) of a ballpark it is.

However, it’s not called Oracle Park because I said so; I was just relaying the name change to you. The sign has been up for several months. Maybe if you weren’t trying to avoid crowds and tourists, you could catch a game; but I’m surprised you didn’t hear about it.

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 05-17-2019 at 11:50 AM..

Old 05-17-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
It’s a thread as to why we love living in SF - lol, so yeah, because I think so. D’oh! That said, actually, whenever ballparks are ‘rated’, it almost always comes out on top (and tourists are never listed as a reason not to like it - lol). In fact, tourists bothering to come see it only serves to solidify how beautiful (and unique) of a ballpark it is.

However, it’s not called Oracle Park because I said so; I was just relaying the name change to you. The sign has been up for several months. Maybe if you weren’t trying to avoid crowds and tourists, you could catch a game; but I’m surprised you didn’t hear about it.
Glad we straightened that out. It's the best ballpark in your head.

Old 05-17-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Glad we straightened that out. It's the best ballpark in your head.
It is certainly my opinion, because I’m able to experience ORACLE PARK on a regular basis (despite the tourists), but Forbes ranks it first as well. And, Baseball Digest ranks it second. Clearly (as clear as the new sign is - lol), it’s not just ‘in my head’.

Old 05-17-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:

And then again, where's your outrage at NBC and MSNBC. They sent entire news crews out on the streets of San Francisco and video recorded various homeless people in various situations to show on national tv.
Haha - are you seriously comparing yourself (and your belittling post/photo) to NBC? Now that’s funny.

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 05-17-2019 at 01:53 PM..

Old 05-17-2019, 02:24 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,248,462 times
Quote:
It’s a thread as to why we love living in SF - lol, so yeah, because I think so. D’oh!
Yeah but everytime someone else shares an opinion that might be favorable of SF, but different than yours, you get on their case for some reason.

Old 05-17-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Haha - are you seriously comparing yourself (and your belittling post/photo) to NBC? Now that’s funny.
How do you get me comparing myself to NBC from what I wrote? Take a look at the situation here. People are jumping the guys frame for taking a picture out in a pubic setting of some random guy laying on the ground and all of a sudden he's being blamed for poking fun at homeless and making himself feel better about himself in the process. And I'm saying if taking a picture of a guy laying on the ground is a problem because he could be a homeless guy, which he very well may be, how is it that huge media platforms such as NBC and MSNBS could do the same thing that people on here are beefing about someone doing, when those media platforms not only take a picture of a guy just laying on the ground fully clothed, but more so in situations where they've got clothes undone, in the process of or just finishing up pinching a loaf out in public, eating out of a garbage can, shooting drugs up, etc. And for some odd reason, the same people who are outraged at a guy taking a simple pix of a dude laying on the ground is absolutely terrible but the media circus sending out an entire news crew to shoot it and then putting it on there new stations is absolutely no problem at all for those same people.

How do you get out of this "me comparing myself to NBC and MSNBC"? Seriously, are you by change under the influence of controlled substance right now? Just asking because I'm trying to see your logic, and I'm not seeing any.

Old 05-17-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
How do you get me comparing myself to NBC from what I wrote? Take a look at the situation here. People are jumping the guys frame for taking a picture out in a pubic setting of some random guy laying on the ground and all of a sudden he's being blamed for poking fun at homeless and making himself feel better about himself in the process. And I'm saying if taking a picture of a guy laying on the ground is a problem because he could be a homeless guy, which he very well may be, how is it that huge media platforms such as NBC and MSNBS could do the same thing that people on here are beefing about someone doing

How do you get out of this "me comparing myself to NBC and MSNBC"? Seriously, are you by change under the influence of controlled substance right now? Just asking because I'm trying to see your logic, and I'm not seeing any.
People weren’t calling the guy out for taking the photo (who cares) - they were calling him out for posting/mocking a photo of a man (as ‘Turk’s finest’ post #173) in a thread about ‘love living in SF’. Clearly, the (immature) motivation (and ongoing argument pursuant to) have nothing to do with the thread. You compared it to NBC (by bringing it up in defense of the post; you are quoted in #226) - and I think it’s hilarious. Still do - but then so is not knowing the name of the ballpark in a city you claim to live/love or why else would you be in the thread? If you are, though, you (or he) should take the journalistic skills to The Richmond in the Richmond District - lol. Good restaurant - and fairly popular with the locals, especially in that neighborhood, Inner Richmond (though, there still may be some tourists - no escaping it).

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 05-17-2019 at 04:21 PM..

Old 05-17-2019, 11:15 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
It’s Oracle Park, actually (best ballpark in the country, despite the tourists, and it is another thing I love about living in the City). The sign was changed several months ago. There were a lot of changes for the 2019 season.
I usually get bored by baseball...but not in this place. The views are stunning & ferries can drop off fans! Views & the water are what I love the most about Sf (second to my Bf ofc). Oh & the nearby wineries....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland