U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-02-2019, 01:38 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,720 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Planning to move to the San Ramon, Dublin, and Pleasanton. Looking for the most East Asian friendly area (Chinese, Korean, Japanese, etc.) to buy a house or townhouse/condo. Have kids that will be going to school, so also looking for areas with great schools. What are the areas where I should be looking?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-02-2019, 01:51 AM
 
Location: Formerly Pleasanton Ca, now in Marietta Ga
8,861 posts, read 6,359,381 times
Reputation: 13216
Quote:
Originally Posted by p518nl View Post
Planning to move to the San Ramon, Dublin, and Pleasanton. Looking for the most East Asian friendly area (Chinese, Korean, Japanese, etc.) to buy a house or townhouse/condo. Have kids that will be going to school, so also looking for areas with great schools. What are the areas where I should be looking?
All three will fit your needs
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2019, 03:50 AM
 
Location: Planet Earth
1,963 posts, read 2,667,531 times
Reputation: 2410
All of the Bay Area is "Asian Friendly". (And African-American friendly, and Italian friendly and pretty much "anything" friendly).

If you are asking "where should I buy to be with a lot of other Asians", that's a different question. My block has Indians (from Asia), Koreans, Japanese, "Caucasians", Africans (from Africa), Chinese, Iranians, and many other nationalities. It's California, the great melting pot
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2019, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
13,571 posts, read 8,967,220 times
Reputation: 8215
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
All three will fit your needs
Yes. They will all have very good school districts, to the point that you may want to watch for hyper competitive school cultures.

In the San Ramon Valley, Doughterty Valley High has a pretty competitive school culture. California High (Cal High) is a bit more balanced. I don't know much about Monte Vista though.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2019, 03:26 PM
 
1,765 posts, read 1,484,829 times
Reputation: 1574
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo666 View Post
All of the Bay Area is "Asian Friendly". (And African-American friendly, and Italian friendly and pretty much "anything" friendly).
Are you suggesting that a place that is asian friendly is automatically african american friendly?
Not sure if you are Asian, but most of us who grew up East Asian or South Asian communities are fully aware that our communities are incredibly racist, especially against blacks

Last edited by tonym9428; 06-02-2019 at 04:33 PM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2019, 03:29 PM
 
1,765 posts, read 1,484,829 times
Reputation: 1574
PS: these threads are always interesting to me.

Somehow it's ok for east or south asians to desire to live in homogenous communities, but if a white or black person said they didn't want to live close to other races, they'd be burned at the stake.

PS: I'm South Asian...but I'm sure someone will attack me for being a racist old white guy
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2019, 09:52 PM
 
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
13,571 posts, read 8,967,220 times
Reputation: 8215
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
PS: these threads are always interesting to me.

Somehow it's ok for east or south asians to desire to live in homogenous communities, but if a white or black person said they didn't want to live close to other races, they'd be burned at the stake.

PS: I'm South Asian...but I'm sure someone will attack me for being a racist old white guy
Actually, no. There are a lot of posts from South Asians asking about where there is an Indian community in a certain place, and there is a lot of adverse reaction from other posters criticizing them for that.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2019, 12:39 PM
 
4,069 posts, read 5,263,405 times
Reputation: 5411
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Actually, no. There are a lot of posts from South Asians asking about where there is an Indian community in a certain place, and there is a lot of adverse reaction from other posters criticizing them for that.
You missed his point. People of other races wouldn't even dare posting this on here because they get that this is would be perceived as racist or at the very least culturally insensitive here in America.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2019, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
13,571 posts, read 8,967,220 times
Reputation: 8215
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
You missed his point. People of other races wouldn't even dare posting this on here because they get that this is would be perceived as racist or at the very least culturally insensitive here in America.
And my point is - these South Asians looking to relocate do get push back for looking for "Indian residential areas" and aren't immune to criticism - maybe not to the extent of what other groups experience - but not scot free.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2019, 08:11 PM
 
Location: Bay Area
3,981 posts, read 8,439,598 times
Reputation: 4685
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
You missed his point. People of other races wouldn't even dare posting this on here because they get that this is would be perceived as racist or at the very least culturally insensitive here in America.
The post title reads, "What are the most East Asian FRIENDLY areas in the Dublin, etc". You might try to understand that some people, not entirely familiar with the general Bay Area might be a tad fearful of discrimination or unfriendliness. It might help to take an alternative way of thinking on this which you might not understand fully.

White, non immigrant American born people aren't generally discriminated against or harrassed when they arrive in a new neighborhood in anywhere, USA and don't usually carry the same sense of being new, different, or out of place. This might be especially acute if you're arriving from another country WITH CHILDREN in particular where you have no idea what it's like. Just my 2cents.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top