Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2019, 05:35 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,239,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
Oh well, then it's OK then, defecate away in public!

Actually no, I've seen it elsewhere, along with live injections right in front of me, well outside of the Loin, in touristy areas. Sorry to disturb your peace.
He was being sarcastic...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2019, 05:40 PM

24,324 posts, read 26,701,005 times
Homeless goes way beyond Tenderloin! I’ll be back in Jan, anyone want to bet I can’t record ample homeless in other districts?

Old 12-18-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
The excuse is, you’re not allowed to bring it up if you don’t live here. Since I live here, I’m allowed to care, right? Or should I put that head back in the sand and pretend it’s not a problem like everyone else. Because, that’s just the way it is, and since other cities have it too then is it really a problem...?
Exactly lol yet the ones who have never lived or visited elsewhere always give thei opinions on what they think the rest of the country is like.

Old 12-18-2019, 08:40 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,785,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Homeless goes way beyond Tenderloin! I’ll be back in Jan, anyone want to bet I can’t record ample homeless in other districts?

It's not a bet I would take.......

Old 12-18-2019, 08:45 PM

3,814 posts, read 3,975,491 times
This is been going on for years, this aint new. Just more poop is all.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:05 PM

830 posts, read 480,607 times
Quote:
I don't think you'll find many takers on that one.

It would be more interesting to see if there are any districts in SF where you can't find "ample" homeless. Maybe SeaCliff and Saint Francis Woods...

Old 01-29-2020, 03:47 PM

I just got back from San Francisco last night and the homeless issue has definitely gotten worse. We had our window down and had to quickly roll it up as a cracked out person crossed the street headed right toward us at a stop light, we got the window up just in time and he hit the window a few times and then grabbed the door handle trying to open the car door and we drove through a red light. One of our friends said why did you have the window down at night, that's like saying a rape victim, why did you show your legs. Has it really become common knowledge where you can't have your window down at night anymore?

Last edited by bmw335xi; 01-29-2020 at 03:57 PM..

Old 01-29-2020, 04:01 PM

21,566 posts, read 16,072,372 times
Quote:
I just got back from San Francisco last night and the homeless issue has definitely gotten worse. We had our window down and had to quickly roll it up as a cracked out person crossed the street headed right toward us at a stop light, we got the window up just in time and he hit the window a few times and then grabbed the door handle trying to open the car door and we drove through a red light. One of our friends said why did you have the window down at night, that's like saying a rape victim, why did you show your legs. Has it really become common knowledge where you can't have your window down at night anymore?
Good grief, bmw ... the homeless situation in San Francisco may have “gotten worse” since your last review ... or not. What IS certain is your anecdotal story doesn’t prove squat, unless you want to argue the same never happened to anyone in times past and is now commonplace.

How about just sticking with verifiable, quantifiable information, eh?

Old 01-29-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Good grief, bmw ... the homeless situation in San Francisco may have “gotten worse” since your last review ... or not. What IS certain is your anecdotal story doesn’t prove squat, unless you want to argue the same never happened to anyone in times past and is now commonplace.

How about just sticking with verifiable, quantifiable information, eh?
And this kind of attitude is why the homeless problem continues getting worse, the verifiable, quantifiable, etc information says it is getting MUCH worse too!

Old 01-29-2020, 04:36 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,128,267 times
Quote:
I don’t know about the open windows but it does make sense to keep all windows closed. One thing I was advised is when your driving through a heavy homeless area make sure the doors are locked because if they hear the sound of the doors locking around them they get very irate. Personally the worst thing that’s happened to me is a guy spit on my window when I ignored his begging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland