Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 10:18 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times

Advertisements

I am very pleased to write that The San Francisco Chronicle recommends Amy Klobuchar in the Democratic primary.

I have supported her from the beginning; however, after all the money that has been spent by Bloomberg and all the momentum that Bernie has going for him, I am surprised that in this progressive metro that more moderate heads are in charge in the editorial room of our newspaper.

“Amy Klobuchar is the one Democrat who checks all the essential boxes. She is seasoned (13 years in the U.S. Senate, lead Democratic sponsor on more than 100 passed bills) with a history of winning Republican strongholds and solid on the party’s baseline issues while pragmatic enough to avoid the promises (free four-year college regardless of income, erasing all college debt) that are easy to make and impossible to fulfill”

and “The choice comes down to which candidate has the experience, the toughness, the sensibility to maintain the party’s base and appeal to independents disenchanted-with-Trump Republicans in November."

Editorial: Chronicle recommends Amy Klobuchar in the Democratic primary - SFChronicle.com

https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/...n-15074770.php
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2020, 12:31 AM

3,814 posts, read 4,010,597 times
Lmao. Trying to be woke and endorse a women, while appeasing tech billionaires and going with a nobody centrist Senator.

Old 02-27-2020, 08:01 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Lmao. Trying to be woke and endorse a women, while appeasing tech billionaires and going with a nobody centrist Senator.
I was interested in her, too, especially after Warren came out for Bernie's "Medicare for all". I think she could have come up with a better plan. The Chron had a disappointing experience with Bernie, the last time he ran. They wanted to do a feature on him, and invited him to their office for an extensive interview. But he couldn't answer any of their questions, about specifically how he planned to implement his proposals. He didn't seem to know how the various machines of government worked, and which agencies would be involved in implementing which aspects of his plans. So they had to scrap the article as it had been planned.

So this time, they had to find a different candidate to back. Interesting that they chose Klobuchar.

Old 02-27-2020, 11:08 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,498,047 times
This makes sense. Klobuchar has been on my short list since I started following the primary a few months ago. The Chron has always been somewhere in the progressively leaning moderate side of things, which is about where she lands. If the Bay Guardian were still around, I'm sure they would bend over backwards to say as much good stuff as they could about Sanders. But it was clear from this week's debate that Sanders doesn't have a good grasp on the financing of his pie-in-the-sky proposals, nor does he have the wherewithal to negotiate with parties who don't agree with him on his crazy agenda.

Old 02-27-2020, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdaven View Post
This makes sense. Klobuchar has been on my short list since I started following the primary a few months ago. The Chron has always been somewhere in the progressively leaning moderate side of things, which is about where she lands. If the Bay Guardian were still around, I'm sure they would bend over backwards to say as much good stuff as they could about Sanders. But it was clear from this week's debate that Sanders doesn't have a good grasp on the financing of his pie-in-the-sky proposals, nor does he have the wherewithal to negotiate with parties who don't agree with him on his crazy agenda.
That was clear from his previous campaign. So, does this mean he's toast?

Old 02-27-2020, 07:39 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davdaven View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That was clear from his previous campaign. So, does this mean he's toast?
What?

How Does Bernie Pay for His Major Plans?

Details

https://berniesanders.com/issues/how...s-major-plans/

Wherewithal to negotiate? Do you two understand why every Republican in the Senate and House back Trump on everything even when most of them hate him and know he’s mentally disordered? Fear of the electorate. When the electorate is behind the potus ... the elected officials who wish to be reelected are behind the potus.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:27 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Bernie doesnt even know how he will pay for it. His answer for most thing is wall street speculation and we wil figure it out along the way lol.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:57 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Bernie doesnt even know how he will pay for it. His answer for most thing is wall street speculation and we wil figure it out along the way lol.
It’s a good answer. Wall Street won’t dry up. It just keeps on growing. The idea it shouldn’t be subject to tax on speculation trading is just stupid beyond stupid.

Everything in life is “figured out along the way,” ultimately. You’re just too young to see that yet.

Old 02-27-2020, 10:15 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
It’s a good answer. Wall Street won’t dry up. It just keeps on growing. The idea it shouldn’t be subject to tax on speculation trading is just stupid beyond stupid.

Everything in life is “figured out along the way,” ultimately. You’re just too young to see that yet.
Your brain just might not be as sharp as it used to be now that you’re older. The math doesn’t add up, plain and simple.

Old 02-27-2020, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
What?

How Does Bernie Pay for His Major Plans?

Details

https://berniesanders.com/issues/how...s-major-plans/

Wherewithal to negotiate? Do you two understand why every Republican in the Senate and House back Trump on everything even when most of them hate him and know he’s mentally disordered? Fear of the electorate. When the electorate is behind the potus ... the elected officials who wish to be reelected are behind the potus.
C'mon, 'Mutt. You know The Burned is mostly a bag of hot air. His heart may be in the right place, but he couldn't pass legislation through a paper bag. All talk, no action. He's good at knowing the right stuff to say, to get some people to support him, though. And just recently, he's raised the ante, throwing around even more freebies, to really get his supporters whipped up.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland