Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 05:03 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenSF View Post
not only is the economy diving, we are trillions more in debt thanks to trump.
You mean like Obama put us in debt? The economy was doing great under his watch. All presidents create debt. That spending ceiling always goes up. They save in one hand but spend more with the other. See look I’m saving you millions. But I’m spending billions behind your back.
None of this spending is gonna stop regardless who is at the helm. You think Sanders is gonna save us all? Lol. He’s going to burn cash like it’s firewood and it’s 30 below outside.
Everyone’s answer is to tax the rich. Who are you gonna tax when there are no more rich? There aren’t that many rich people. All these give away programs sound great. Big problem is who is gonna pay for it. I guess we can always get those money printers fired up again. Nothing bad about printing a few trillion dollars is there?

Old 02-12-2020, 08:00 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
The economy is doing great right now, so is unemployment, wages, corporate earnings, stock marker/401k/mutual funds/retirement accounts/etc, we didn't start WW3 over Syria, we haven't opened the flood gates at the border. etc... things are going pretty great right now. Like I said since day one, Bloomberg is the only one who could beat Trump... however, the extreme progressives in the Democratic Party have taken over and the media has never been so bias, which I think would once be an easy win for Bloomberg, a difficult election to win because so much of the country hates the Democratic Party and media these days, myself included, well I don't hate... dislike and I voted for Obama both elections and hated the tea party. I hope Trump beats the Democratic candidate, but if Bloomberg wins, I'd be happy too. I'd just be upset if Democrats win the Senate.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:12 AM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
The economy is doing great right now, so is unemployment, wages, corporate earnings, stock marker/401k/mutual funds/retirement accounts/etc, we didn't start WW3 over Syria, we haven't opened the flood gates at the border. etc... things are going pretty great right now. Like I said since day one, Bloomberg is the only one who could beat Trump... however, the extreme progressives in the Democratic Party have taken over and the media has never been so bias, which I think would once be an easy win for Bloomberg, a difficult election to win because so much of the country hates the Democratic Party and media these days, myself included, well I don't hate... dislike and I voted for Obama both elections and hated the tea party. I hope Trump beats the Democratic candidate, but if Bloomberg wins, I'd be happy too. I'd just be upset if Democrats win the Senate.
The list of ways in which the economy is NOT “doing great right now” is long ... and would drag this thread further and further into P&OC.

But you may be right that Bloomberg is the best candidate to defeat Trump ... and would certainly not be the disaster for America that Trump is. And thus Mayor Breed’s endorsement is at least a practical strategy.

Sanders may also be up to the overthrow, however ... for some of the same psychological dynamics that put Trump in the White House.

The “media is biased”? Of course it is. Anyone looking at Breitbart and FOX and the Daily Caller, Washington Times, Washington Examiner and so many other venues can see the egregious bias. But of course you refer to CNN and the WaPo et al, eh?

Much of the country despises Trump more than the media. And yet our electoral system has a case of the hiccups. So there he is ... not by popular choice.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:26 AM

I'm pretty sure it will be a case of Bernie vs Bloomberg and I think Bloomberg will prevail, it will just be a matter of Bernie supporters being pissed off that the primary was "bought" by Bloomberg, so they stay home during the election, vote for Trump to shove it at the DNC or write-in Bernie at the ballot box. If the economy is still doing well like it is now and Bernie is the nominee, Trump will win because at the end of the day, nothing matters if you can't eat, so instead of radically changing the entire system, they will vote to just keep going as is.

Old 02-12-2020, 10:42 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,924,999 times
Quote:
I’d vote for Bloomberg over Trump. There is no other candidate I would support over Trump besides Bloomberg.
zero logic there. zero. and the economy is not doing well. that is a BIG LIE.

Old 02-12-2020, 10:45 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,924,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
You mean like Obama put us in debt? The economy was doing great under his watch. All presidents create debt. That spending ceiling always goes up. They save in one hand but spend more with the other. See look I’m saving you millions. But I’m spending billions behind your back.
None of this spending is gonna stop regardless who is at the helm. You think Sanders is gonna save us all? Lol. He’s going to burn cash like it’s firewood and it’s 30 below outside.
Everyone’s answer is to tax the rich. Who are you gonna tax when there are no more rich? There aren’t that many rich people. All these give away programs sound great. Big problem is who is gonna pay for it. I guess we can always get those money printers fired up again. Nothing bad about printing a few trillion dollars is there?
you have no idea what you're talking about. and i don't support bernie.

Old 02-12-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenSF View Post
zero logic there. zero. and the economy is not doing well. that is a BIG LIE.

lol okay, you are the equivalent to the extreme fox news viewer back during Obama where you thought the sky was falling. The economy now has been a continuation of the economy under Obama. If anything it is the same or slightly better. Keep the tin foil hat on while you watch CNN, MSNBC lol.

Old 02-12-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
lol okay, you are the equivalent to the extreme fox news viewer back during Obama where you thought the sky was falling. The economy now has been a continuation of the economy under Obama. If anything it is the same or slightly better. Keep the tin foil hat on while you watch CNN, MSNBC lol.
The bigger issue with the economy is: short term gain for who vs long term damage affecting whom.

You measure the economy as successful and booming because you value short-term financial gains for those who can / are willing to play that game.

Other folks look at the unjustifiable national debt explosion during a stable economic phase, which should NEVER happen, and nearly all the short term gains going to the top few % (while throwing some crumbs to the rest of working folks to provide the illusion that they are also prospering) ... and recognize the vast majority of working folks are drowning and being conscripted into a generational slavery under oligarchy.

Fine for the oligarchs and their close obsequious minions, eh?

You like capitalism? Better figure out how to make it work for the workers.

Old 02-12-2020, 12:35 PM

The middle class are doing fine now... the general polling has never been this high in fact. I understand the Bay Area is poorly run, so maybe over there they feel like things are horrible, but that's local extreme left politics making the cost of living so expensive for the working class.

Old 02-12-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
The middle class are doing fine now... the general polling has never been this high in fact. I understand the Bay Area is poorly run, so maybe over there they feel like things are horrible, but that's local extreme left politics making the cost of living so expensive for the working class.
The middle class are being herded into financial slavery. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, eh? Lmao.

Left politics aren’t responsible for the cost of living ... unless you want to also credit the left politics for the business juggernaut? Politics isn’t responsible for the tech industry booming. And that, and the natural gifts of the the Bay, are what drives the COL there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies