Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 07:58 PM

25 posts, read 59,301 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving to Concord in a couple months. I know there is a lot of bad talk about living on Monument Blvd or Detroit Ave. Are these whole roads bad to live on or just certain parts. I'm looking at apartments and almost every apartment is on Monument. Can someone please tell me if all the apartments are bad. Here are some that I've been looking at:

Mountain View apartments
Palm Terrace apartments
Sunridge apartments

Also, I'm told that places along Ygnacio Valley Rd. are pretty nice. Can someone please let me know about these places and also tell me about some places else where in Concord area that are nice(including martinez and pleasant hill) Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 01:39 PM

28 posts, read 186,053 times
The monument blvd and detroit avenue area, i.e. four corners, is generally a poorer, immigrant area with older housing and higher levels of crime. WHile there may be an acceptable apartment complex on those streets, in general, I would look elsewhere.

In Concord, try the areas around Treat Blvd, Ygnacio Valley Rd., Clayton, or Concord Ave. In general the southeastern part of Concord has the nicer neighborhhods. Also the area within walking distance of the downtown Concord bart station makes for an easy commute, and is in general an improving area.

Pleasant Hill is a very nice family town. I cant really think of an area in Pleasant Hill to avoid, though there can be older apartment buildings that are not well maintained. If you want to be close to Bart and shopping in Pleasant Hill, try the area near the intersection of Gregory Ln and Contra Costa Blvd. The area along Geary is convenient to Bart and straddles the border with Walnut Creek.

Martinez is a good family town with a cute downtown and then more expensive homes as you go up hill past HWY 4 which then runinto Pleasant Hill.

Personally, if you can afford Pleasant Hill, I'd look there first.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:20 AM

25 posts, read 59,301 times
Thank you very much....I will be looking into these areas. It's a little hard finding some places when living in another state. All the web-sites and apartment guide books that I look at all show the same places and they are all on either Monument or Detroit

Old 04-26-2008, 01:56 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshj2023 View Post
Thank you very much....I will be looking into these areas. It's a little hard finding some places when living in another state. All the web-sites and apartment guide books that I look at all show the same places and they are all on either Monument or Detroit
That's because there are some very large complexes in that area...

Old 04-27-2008, 02:34 PM

28 posts, read 186,053 times
You might want to try using Craigslist to find an apartment or house rental. Select the San Francisco forum, and then for the rentals select East Bay and then you can break it down further by city.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:19 PM

186 posts, read 475,165 times
Hi, I am not sure where you are looking for apartments, but a nice place to look is rent.com

Legacy park central are very nice luxury apartments and they are just a walk away from bart.
Also they were built a couple years ago so they are fairly new.

I would say anything with the 94521 zip will be fine and some 94520,19 are decent as well.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:33 PM

14 posts, read 96,656 times
avoid monument/detroit AT ALL COSTS! Lol all the complexes there r trash pretty much with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions. sticc to east concord, clayton rd, ygnacio. the further towards clayton the better. anywhere in pleasant hiil would b good. martinez is full of klan members lol i wouldnt move there, even if ur white

Old 09-25-2008, 07:36 PM

331 posts, read 1,311,286 times
Be careful about the Legacy apartments.....a while back they were arresting people for soliciting prostitutes who were living in the building...

Old 09-27-2008, 12:12 PM

186 posts, read 475,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori1961 View Post
Be careful about the Legacy apartments.....a while back they were arresting people for soliciting prostitutes who were living in the building...
How does that affect someone who lives there?

Were they harming anyone else in the building????
I just dont see how someone having a 'prostitute' over affects anyone else, thats their business.
Not saying I agree with the act, but it is not like they went to their neighbors and attacked them.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:18 PM

188 posts, read 920,284 times
^^The "bordello" isn't exactly an ideal neighbor, but that's long gone from legacy and could have happened at any apt. complex in Walnut Creek, Pleasanton or San Ramon too. Legacy and Renaissance are definitely attractive looking and walking distance to BART for commuters. If you prefer a suburban downtown environment and cant afford/don't like WC, its nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland