U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 07:17 PM

85,953 posts, read 79,137,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count David View Post
I don't recall any stomach issues, but Kaiser called it "flu" because they didn't feel the need to bother with a test. It was unlike any flu I ever had. Fever yes, chills/sweats yes, more labored breathing, phlegm, an infrequent but strange/piercing cough, with a dry throat. Mild headaches, weaker cognition, and a poor outlook. It hurt to walk, it hurt to drive, it hurt to sit up, and it hurt to sleep. An incredible feeling of weakness overall.

In some ways, it wasn't as bad as a standard flu (I was more functional than during most bouts of the flu, which I average getting every other year since moving to CO {13 years}), but in others it was much worse. I felt like I just had to hang on until it was over, it was more despairing if that makes any sense.

I had mononucleosis when I was 15 (36 now). This flu described above ranks 2nd to that in my life career, even accounting for the relative functionality.
Sounds like it coulda been Corona. Kaiser probably didn't even have a test specific to it yet, at that time. IDK if you can find someone with a test now, to test you to see if you have antibodies for it...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2020, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
I am nearly certain I had this in late January and I am in Bakersfield too . I am just now getting back to normal but I dont think they have antibody tests yet ,

I have been saying this the whole time . I have had pneumonia 5 times in this life and I woke up one night at 3 m convinced I suddenly had pneumonia . I was HORRIBLY ILL .

Whatever this was went straight to my lungs they felt heavy and wet and I started to employ every single pneumonia lung saving technique I have ever been taught . TERRIBLE fever .weight loss , I was thirsty until just recently body hurt like h*ll , but nose stayed clear and throat not sore . It was the weirdest thing .

I could not get up , not hungry lasted for 2 weeks then a 3 week was almost as rough , could not breathe . I struggled for breath and to clear my lungs the entire time , they were on FIRE and what was in them was like wall paper paste , this was severe . I had ZERO drainage.

The night sweats were outlandish . I would have to get up and change myself and the bed for days and days . I was soaked .
I finally got so sick I went to the dr but they told me they had no appts and to go home or to a minor er , so I went home .

I have about given up on Drs anymore . You cant ever see one when you need one
This is scary, especially your lung symptoms! Why didn't your PCP have any appointments? Mine always keeps some open for urgent cases for their regular patients. Good heavens, and you're only "just now getting back to normal"?!

This scares the heck out of me! It sounds like you had a pretty severe case.

Old 04-12-2020, 09:23 AM

19,391 posts, read 17,517,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count David View Post
I don't recall any stomach issues, but Kaiser called it "flu" because they didn't feel the need to bother with a test. It was unlike any flu I ever had. Fever yes, chills/sweats yes, more labored breathing, phlegm, an infrequent but strange/piercing cough, with a dry throat. Mild headaches, weaker cognition, .
I've heard this same thing from so many people. Various ages, all different symptoms. Scary to think it was going around then and we didn't know.

Old 04-12-2020, 11:20 AM

Here's something of interest to those, who think they may have had Corona last fall. I think the immunity card proposal is a little weird, but it says, that antibody tests would be made available en masse soon, so at least that part would be a good thing.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...lPdWmuNE-hkiEI
Quote:
Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, revealed Friday the federal government is considering issuing Americans certificates of immunity from the coronavirus, as the Trump administration works to better identify those who have been infected and restart the U.S. economy in the coming weeks.

Old 04-12-2020, 10:00 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,507,734 times
I posted a whole thread on this back in March and was literally shut down by another poster who said I was mistaken.

http://https://www.city-data.com/for...ovid-19-a.html

Old 04-13-2020, 04:17 PM

19,391 posts, read 17,517,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
I posted a whole thread on this back in March and was literally shut down by another poster who said I was mistaken.

http://https://www.city-data.com/for...ovid-19-a.html
Can't find your thread but it sounds familiar!

Old 04-15-2020, 04:49 AM

5,768 posts, read 5,964,772 times
I visited the East Bay from 16-20 Jan and I took the BART train from/to SFO to the Concord station.

Upon returning to Colorado, I experienced what I thought was an awful cold. It gave me a wicked cough which I thought was atypical for a cold. However, I did not have a fever. It took me about 16 days to get over it.

Now I wonder, did I pick up Covid-19 on that trip?

In a way, I hope so. As soon as a test is available to check for antibody markers, I'll sign up.

Old 04-15-2020, 06:49 AM

17,012 posts, read 9,571,734 times
All humanity may have been exposed to intelligence many times over many thousands of years ... and yet it has not (obviously) infected any serious percentage of the exploding population.

Old 04-15-2020, 01:28 PM

150 posts, read 42,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
All humanity may have been exposed to intelligence many times over many thousands of years ... and yet it has not (obviously) infected any serious percentage of the exploding population.

Proof of herd immunity?

Old 04-15-2020, 01:33 PM

17,012 posts, read 9,571,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntCoffey View Post
Proof of herd immunity?

Seems that way, don’t it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland