U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2008, 09:29 AM

226 posts, read 965,903 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone could reccomend a doctor who is particularly lax about giving out an MMJ prescription. I had a vasectomy in December and since then I have an excruciating pain in my vas deferans. I have tried various pain killers to no avail... MJ seems to help a little however, but I am afraid that they may not take me seriously when I go about asking for it. I have already tried to ask the doctor who did the vasectomy but he thought it was a joke and gave me more vicodin!

Please help... serious replies only!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 12:28 PM

1,482 posts, read 4,993,916 times
215physicians.html

Old 04-25-2008, 07:35 PM

Location: A right angle directly south of Sac and east of the bay area
120 posts, read 376,730 times
medicann.com

Old 04-25-2008, 08:34 PM

29,085 posts, read 48,935,184 times
I'd go with Medicann... that's where I got my prescription, and they're pretty "lax" about it. I did bring an MRI report (for my knees & back), but honestly I don't think it was necessary. Here's their website: MediCann | A Prescription For Change
I usually see Dr. Tallyrand, who's a super cool dreaded doc... we did yoga together in his office last time I went, LOL.

Old 04-26-2008, 03:25 PM

Location: A right angle directly south of Sac and east of the bay area
120 posts, read 376,730 times
LoL back in the day, with medicann all you needed was a sob story. Now a lil bit of documentation is required, just somthing from a physician or a hospital showing you suffered an ailement that requires medical marijuana(which is everything from depression and insomnia to seizures and AIDS). Personally I've been buying my goods from homboldt growers because the clubs can get to be just a bit too pricey sometimes for me.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:31 AM

1 posts, read 9,011 times
Exclamation How to get your card!

To obtain a recommendation from a doctor to have access to buy cannabis is fairly easy and after all "It's Your Right"
First, you must make an appointment for a routine health check with a cannabis friendly doctor and explain how cannabis benefits you. The cost of the visit and your letter of recommendation may vary between 100. to 300. dollars which in most cases is good for one year. It was once limited and only available to seriously ill patients but now most ailments ranging from insomnia to cancer are accepted reasons. Bring a valid ID card (required) any documentation regarding your ailment you may have (not required).

Second, you may now shop at any dispensary or collective to get your cannabis and always carry your original letter of recommendation. Once the receptionist verifys your recommendation you will be allowed in the dispensing area. Remember to always be responsible and keep your meds in the trunk.

Third. your recommendation will expire and needs to be re newed for a fee of 75 to 100 dollars, depending on the doctor and expiration date.

You may find a list of doctors and clinics on CannaShops.com and CannaMaps.com for locations and map directions to doctors, dispensaries, collectives and cooperatives including smoke and grow shops for legal cannabis patients.

Old 07-10-2009, 03:06 PM
E14

147 posts, read 528,182 times
just ask random people on the street...
that way you can keep your vicodin prescription
hell, i bet you could trade your vicodins for weed

Old 07-10-2009, 07:29 PM

90 posts, read 310,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCiEtY's ReBel View Post
I was wondering if anyone could reccomend a doctor who is particularly lax about giving out an MMJ prescription. I had a vasectomy in December and since then I have an excruciating pain in my vas deferans. I have tried various pain killers to no avail... MJ seems to help a little however, but I am afraid that they may not take me seriously when I go about asking for it. I have already tried to ask the doctor who did the vasectomy but he thought it was a joke and gave me more vicodin!

Please help... serious replies only!
Marijuana.com has a great, green-friendly forum with serious threads on this topic.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>