U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2020, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 336 times

Advertisements

I’m looking at a job in Vacaville but I’d like to keep my commute as short as possible. Assuming I want to arrive in Vacaville by 6am-8am, about how long is the commute from either Carmichael-Sacramento or Concord? Is one direction going to have less traffic than the other?

Rent is the same in either city, I’m just looking at commute for now.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2020, 04:39 PM

16,126 posts, read 26,924,454 times
From Concord is the non-commute direction and is likely faster. The causeway traffic and through downtown/midtown Sac will be worse that what you experience heading to and from Concord. There is a $6 bridge toll that will eventually rise to $8 or $9 though.

Old 04-26-2020, 12:13 AM

3,774 posts, read 6,247,552 times
I have a sort of dumb question... why not Vacaville? It's a solid town and I don't think it's any less exciting than Concord. That seems like an odd city to aim to live in for that commute.

But if you're forced to one, I would do Concord and not Sacramento. Rush hour is not kind in about 3 spots between there and Vacaville. Concord would be a reverse commute.

Old 05-06-2020, 01:20 PM

50 posts, read 34,160 times
Martinez, Benicia, Fairfield, are better than Concord.

Old 05-06-2020, 04:14 PM

5,250 posts, read 6,786,776 times
Benicia, yes. The rest? Eh, too hard to tell without knowing what you're comparing.

Old 05-07-2020, 08:42 AM

16,126 posts, read 26,924,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCGmkc View Post
Martinez, Benicia, Fairfield, are better than Concord.
Fairfield definitely is not better or nicer than Concord. Benicia and Martinez are so much smaller, you an easily find an equivalent sized or larger area just as nice in Concord. Martinez has some grungy areas and the refineries too.

Old 05-09-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Benicia, yes. The rest? Eh, too hard to tell without knowing what you're comparing.
Agreed, OP didn't really give much details on whats most important. I was just going off things that I know many consider and the fact that all the towns I mentioned are closer to Vacaville than Concord. Concord has some great neighborhoods that I really liked when I was looking to buy, problem was the schools in most parts of town. The parts of town that had good schools were basically on the border of Clayton with a long drive on city streets to get to a freeway.

Old 05-09-2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Fairfield definitely is not better or nicer than Concord. Benicia and Martinez are so much smaller, you an easily find an equivalent sized or larger area just as nice in Concord. Martinez has some grungy areas and the refineries too.
Yeah I didn't mention that they should look in vicinity of the refinery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or