U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 07:44 AM

36,894 posts, read 17,108,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't see the problem with opening up and don't think of people as 'selfish jerks' for wanting to. Those who disagree can stay in quarantine. People know the risks, it's not the governments job to force them into a life they don't want in an attempt to prevent them from catching a virus that won't be deadly to the majority. I know my own personal risk thresholds and that should be the only thing that matters.
It's all good because you don't consider yourself at risk, right?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 08:00 AM

19,696 posts, read 17,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Yes, it is my opinion but I don't think the hour long line for a pedi if proof that I'm wrong-
LOL. Now come on, sleepy. You know that wait time for a pedi in Tucson is a barometer of how badly we need to reopen in California.

Old 05-12-2020, 08:13 AM

2,162 posts, read 978,278 times
I be curious whether folks in the Bay Area or CA or other states after experiencing such forced closures in COVID19 would wish that blue laws such as the ones in MA and some other states could be the norm. In other words no more Black Thursdays and that non essential businesses and their workers have the right to stay home on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and other major holidays and get paid as well, or that business that close those holidays get a tax refund.
Essential business would also be encouraged to have shortened hours so employees can spend time with their family. What do you think?

Old 05-12-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
LOL. Now come on, sleepy. You know that wait time for a pedi in Tucson is a barometer of how badly we need to reopen in California.
You're right, I think that the CDC will start using that data any day now

Old 05-12-2020, 05:52 PM

4,015 posts, read 2,274,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
It should be seeing as you can’t even get a pedi or haircut. Today Ducey lifted stay at home orders on the 15th. Tomorrow pools and gyms are opening. It’s great living is such a free state! So happy I’m here. Oh and also pro teams are allowed to play games in our stadiums without crowds. Way to restart the economy in Az Ducey

Old 05-12-2020, 05:56 PM

3,775 posts, read 6,259,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Oh and also pro teams are allowed to play games in our stadiums without crowds. Way to restart the economy in Az Ducey
Now here's some logic. Please tell us what pro sports are currently playing? The earliest possible chance of having any team play in any stadium will be in mid-July if the MLBPA agree to the owners' offer. And that's only if by late June they're not entirely freaked out again. And let's say that it does happen. How does a ballgame without a crowd help out the economy? I'm just curious how this works in your mind. lol

Old 05-12-2020, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
Now here's some logic. Please tell us what pro sports are currently playing? The earliest possible chance of having any team play in any stadium will be in mid-July if the MLBPA agree to the owners' offer. And that's only if by late June they're not entirely freaked out again. And let's say that it does happen. How does a ballgame without a crowd help out the economy? I'm just curious how this works in your mind. lol
*raises hand* I know! you take a selfie have it printed out on cardboard, buy it a ticket and your likeness can enjoy the game by proxy.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:04 PM

4,015 posts, read 2,274,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
I wasn’t speaking specifically about sports but I think you knew that. Anyway here’s a few ways

1 fans will go to bars and restaurants to cheer their teams on

2 vendors can sell merchandise like caps and shirts of their fav team

3 maybe in a month numbers will be so low they can let in crowds spaced apart. Ya never know

4 hotels will be open for the athletes and coaches and all other employees to stay at

Think positively k

Old 05-12-2020, 07:30 PM

19,696 posts, read 17,676,186 times
Quote:
Today Ducey lifted stay at home orders on the 15th. Tomorrow pools and gyms are opening.
Who? Are we on the Tucson forum?

Old 05-13-2020, 02:07 PM

5,493 posts, read 6,854,257 times
Quote:
I wasn’t speaking specifically about sports but I think you knew that. Anyway here’s a few ways

1 fans will go to bars and restaurants to cheer their teams on

2 vendors can sell merchandise like caps and shirts of their fav team

3 maybe in a month numbers will be so low they can let in crowds spaced apart. Ya never know

4 hotels will be open for the athletes and coaches and all other employees to stay at

Think positively k
1. Yep, and if anyone has COVID there will be an outbreak
2. They have been doing that all along
3. MAYBE they'll be double. Or triple. I love baseball but I'm not going to any A's games anytime soon, that's for sure
4. See #1

It's cute that you think magical thinking/positivity will make the virus go away. Doesn't work like that, and that's exactly why it keeps spreading so easily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or