U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2020, 08:08 PM

4,229 posts, read 1,133,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
In all due respect, do you live in a bubble, one of those people so terrified to questions the motives of corporations big or small, misguided enough to believe a flimsy defense in their name will somehow save you?. Not going to happen.
Are 'they' squeezing you, too? I'm simply smart enough to speak directly to something or someone as opposed to generalities and 'they statements'; else, it's simply paranoia, playing the victim (and/or a lack of applicable knowledge). That said, I asked a specific question in re: a specific post (which ambient hasn't answered) so as to determine the specific circumstances in which he/she meant he was being 'squeezed'. Are you terrified of being asked questions in re: your own motive or claims?

No one is going to 'save me', lol; I save myself (while some people speak to the 'big, bad corporations' that are 'squeezing them like a lemon' as if 'corporations' created the pandemic or current economic climate).

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 05-26-2020 at 09:05 PM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 10:12 PM

27,233 posts, read 55,598,397 times
A lot of corps are small. Local one location hardware store is INC... 7 employees plus family

Grandfather Incorporated his business in 1948... Grandpa, Grandma and Uncle plus one employee.... in business 70 years.

Old 05-26-2020, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
A lot of corps are small.
It doesn't matter whether privately-owned corporations/s-corporations, sole proprietorships or partnerships, people don't often speak to 'being squeezed' by small business.

Old 06-01-2020, 12:51 PM

1,994 posts, read 2,344,500 times
SF, Silicon Valley rents plunge in May amid downturn:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/business...p-15307118.php

Old 06-01-2020, 01:32 PM

5,248 posts, read 6,785,053 times
Based on the insane looting/rioting taking place in parts across the Bay Area, I can see a could chunk of recent transplants exiting pretty quickly as things continue to escalate...

Old 06-01-2020, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Based on the insane looting/rioting taking place in parts across the Bay Area, I can see a could chunk of recent transplants exiting pretty quickly as things continue to escalate...
Protests have been mostly peaceful in SF; but as in many cities right now, there is a lot of uncertainty and unrest. There is absolutely no reason to speculate protesters here (including the small percentage who are looting) will cause people to exit more quickly than anywhere else it's happening - Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, NYC, and Madison, WI (where some of the riots have been the most violent) - and so on.

Old 06-02-2020, 12:31 PM

5,248 posts, read 6,785,053 times
There is plenty of reason to believe it, actually. Anecdotally, I already know of several people that were trying to tough it out in SF during SIP, but now since they work remote, they're already in the process or relocating back to wherever suburban/rural area they came from. Why pay high rents, AND have to deal with COVID/protests/looting, etc if you can live literally anywhere else in the country for cheaper than in the Bay Area?

Does that mean I'm leaving? Of course not, but I'm a little surprised by how many people are trying to downplay the damage and destruction that's taking place. And I'm not even talking about the protestors- I'm talking about the looters who are doing it in broad daylight all over the region.

Old 06-02-2020, 12:51 PM

16,047 posts, read 26,902,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Protests have been mostly peaceful in SF; but as in many cities right now, there is a lot of uncertainty and unrest. There is absolutely no reason to speculate protesters here (including the small percentage who are looting) will cause people to exit more quickly than anywhere else it's happening - Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, NYC, and Madison, WI (where some of the riots have been the most violent) - and so on.
Yeah the looting has been nationwide, seems like every major metropolitan area has experienced it to some extent. Don't see how that would be a factor in leaving now when its kind of occurring everywhere.

Old 06-02-2020, 01:37 PM

3,919 posts, read 2,241,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Yeah the looting has been nationwide, seems like every major metropolitan area has experienced it to some extent. Don't see how that would be a factor in leaving now when its kind of occurring everywhere.
Maybe it’s the straw that broke the camels back. When the negatives overwhelm the positives and the hits just keep coming and you rent why not relocate to a better , safer , cheaper place ?

Old 06-02-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Exactly - it's common sense not to leave an area due to protesting and random looting (when it's a nationwide problem), as is the economic climate due to the pandemic. Wherever you go, there you are, so to speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or