U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 10:07 PM

14,722 posts, read 11,772,014 times

Advertisements

It's non-violent now on the Peninsula...but I think it will get violent soon.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 09:54 AM

85,893 posts, read 79,112,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It's non-violent now on the Peninsula...but I think it will get violent soon.
Oh, but it's a Gen Z organization that's doing the one in San Mateo! A bunch of teenie-boppers wouldn't turn violent, would they?

Old 06-03-2020, 10:54 AM

13,527 posts, read 18,653,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh, but it's a Gen Z organization that's doing the one in San Mateo! A bunch of teenie-boppers wouldn't turn violent, would they?

I think the San Mateo one is also organized by BLM. Too many to keep up.
The Redwood City one yesterday had 4000 people and no riots.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:27 AM

2,301 posts, read 5,121,315 times
Here's some completely unsurprising news. Last night the KTVU 10 o'clock news interviewed the Alameda County Sheriff and he said that of the 100+ people who were arrested for rioting in Oakland, 70% of them were from out of town! Many of them weren't even from California! I never again want to hear any nonsense from people in other states talking about the Californication of their states by our transplants.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I think the San Mateo one is also organized by BLM. Too many to keep up.
The Redwood City one yesterday had 4000 people and no riots.
Someone (wasn't it you?) posted yesterday, that it was a Gen Z organization, that the protest permit was issued to.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
Here's some completely unsurprising news. Last night the KTVU 10 o'clock news interviewed the Alameda County Sheriff and he said that of the 100+ people who were arrested for rioting in Oakland, 70% of them were from out of town! Many of them weren't even from California! I never again want to hear any nonsense from people in other states talking about the Californication of their states by our transplants.
This has been the case in many of the protests that have turned violent. Thank you for posting; I don't want to hear any more denial, that the violence isn't due to outside agitators. This is a very serious concern, that outsiders of some sort (whether radical Left or radical Right) are traveling around the country, going into, in some cases, placid, upper-middle-class suburbs not known for civil disobedience, as well as into major cities, and wreaking havoc. If we deny this is going on, then we can't do anything about it. It will continue.

For example, someone posted that BLM may be the ones, who got the protest permit for San Mateo. First of all, is BLM even an organization? I don't think so. Even if it were, how are permit applications vetted? What if it's someone else entirely, posing as BLM? And finally: how many AA residents does San Mateo have? Given the pattern of destructive protests around the country, local authorities IMO should decline permit applications to groups that aren't residents of the towns where they want to demonstrate. That would do a lot to stop the mayhem.

Bellevue, WA, is an upper-crust suburb the Seattle violent protesters travelled to, after wrecking Seattle's downtown. Bellevue doesn't get involved in issues like that, at least--not in the form of taking to the streets. Pretty much the same with Santa Monica, where violent elements who trashed downtown LA went, after their LA party. It's so obvious, that a lot of this destructive energy is coming from outside. The SPLC, Minneapolis and Minnesota authorities, and various news sources, have been saying this since last week.

So let's stop acting surprised, or shaking heads in denial, and instead, get down to the business of figuring out what to do about it, before the these protests become the final death knell for an economy already reeling from Covid19.

Old 06-03-2020, 12:03 PM

881 posts, read 703,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
Seems to be pretty common in the Bay Area. I lived in Berkeley during all the free speech/Antifa protests of 2017, and people would be bused or flown in. They had GoFundMe accounts or whatever b.s. to cover their tickets. Totally ridiculous.

Old 06-03-2020, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdaven View Post
Seems to be pretty common in the Bay Area. I lived in Berkeley during all the free speech/Antifa protests of 2017, and people would be bused or flown in. They had GoFundMe accounts or whatever b.s. to cover their tickets. Totally ridiculous.
That's been reported since these protests began, too; some supremacist groups have encrypted messages and fundraising accounts, to cover bail in case of arrest, and other expenses. And that m.o. didn't start with those Berkeley protests; it started with the WTO protests in Seattle in 1999. At this point, it's an "old" m.o., but it's been taken to new heights, and it's much more than Antifa involved. Some analysts have questioned whether it's Antifa at all this time, or whether it's others posing as Antifa, to throw the blame on the Left.

There's also the additional mystery, of who was in the Black SUV's without license plates, cruising the inner neighborhoods of Minneapolis, apparently dropping off caches of incendiary devices and pallets of bricks, into random residents' yards. Why were they allowed to circulate unimpeded, in spite of residents calling police? Who are they? What's their agenda in literally fanning the flames of urban warfare?

Creepy stuff's going on, folks.

Old 06-03-2020, 04:32 PM

954 posts, read 323,919 times
We have had non violent protesters here in Danville.
I am like a good 3 miles east of 680 off of Diablo road.
There were a couple of peeps politely sporting signs.
I actually dug it, honked my horn and waved at them.
This is a good thing and I support that.

The other day the wife said they were planning on doing a downtown protest and then cancelled because the out of the area maniacs were going to show up and do mayhem.

That **** don’t float.
I am glad we didn’t get a visit from out of town trouble makers.
Those people are rotten.

We live in a small “bubble” type area.
My wife is a calm Canadian but she asked if we had the means to protect ourselves.
I said yup.

It is a darn shame that us decent non hate filled people have to deal with this.
My dear wife should have never had to ask me if I could keep us safe.
That in it self is awful.

We are all angry and in shock but the trouble makers are there for their own agenda.

I whole heartily support non violent protests.
The scum factor makes it rather ugly.

That’s all I got.
Andy.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:14 PM

508 posts, read 226,234 times
Go to LA, there are massive protests daily and everywhere

Last edited by Angelino19; 06-03-2020 at 08:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or