U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 07:28 PM

1 posts, read 421 times

Advertisements

The local governments should not be imposing curfews during such an important issue, so I'm wondering if they are likely to be enforced? If an officer catches you, what would happen?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 12:22 PM

2,301 posts, read 5,123,579 times
Are you kidding? Maybe you're not from around here, but the chaos and destruction that's been caused is something I've never seen in my entire life living in the Bay Area. The protests all start off non-violent until the opportunists seize the chance to create mayhem. I know there's supposed to be a "non-violent" protest in Fremont today. I work in Fremont and live in Newark so I'm on edge. There was some minor looting in both Fremont and Newark on Sunday night but nothing last night that I'm aware of.

The cause that's being protested is important and people need to be heard. You don't seem to understand the difference though between protesters and looters/rioters. They aren't the same. Maybe you like to have your community destroyed by others but I don't. It does nothing to promote social change.

Old 06-02-2020, 01:04 PM

86,015 posts, read 79,171,822 times
Honestly, I don't believe even the non-violent protesters are the real deal anymore. Why would Fremont, of all places, protest the George Floyd murder? Over half the population is East Asian and South Asian. I think the violent groups are using non-violent protests as a ploy. I doubt there are any peaceful protesters in Fremont; these are probably people with a violent agenda passing themselves off as non-violent, in order to get the ball rolling, then segue to destruction.

This all started out, with them using the non-violent protesters as a cover, to hide among. That was in major cities like Seattle, LA, Minneapolis. But after those turned destructive, the violence rolled on to nearby upper-crust suburbs, where few, if any, locals would be interested in protesting. I think at that point, it was nothing more than groups of trouble-makers gathered flash-mob style, via the internet, by whomever is sending out messages to gather. According to some media reports, it's radical Left or radical Right groups, using encrypted messages to fund-raise to pay bail for their members who get arrested.

Now, they're just going around to little burgs like Fremont, to see how much destruction they can get away with. That's my take. Do they actually have permits to protest or march?

This is really sad. Frankly, it's starting to come across as a deliberate attempt to destabilize the American economy. The Southern Poverty Law Center has been following some radical Right groups, and predicted widespread violence to come, back in mid-March.

Old 06-02-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreignemigrant View Post
The local governments should not be imposing curfews during such an important issue, so I'm wondering if they are likely to be enforced? If an officer catches you, what would happen?
Why do you ask, new member? Don't you think this important issue has already been covered, and protested, sufficiently? Aren't you concerned, that if you attend, you could be used as a pawn for groups intent on violence? If all the peaceful folks lay low, it will reveal the true trouble-makers.

Old 06-02-2020, 01:52 PM

13,527 posts, read 18,665,220 times
Protests planned for Redwood City and San Mateo this afternoon at 4PM.

Old 06-02-2020, 02:20 PM

5,250 posts, read 6,787,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreignemigrant View Post
Please stay home. If you don't know the answers to these questions, you clearly shouldn't be out demonstrating in the first place.

Old 06-02-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Protests planned for Redwood City and San Mateo this afternoon at 4PM.
Who's planning them, I wonder?

Old 06-02-2020, 02:57 PM

13,527 posts, read 18,665,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who's planning them, I wonder?
San Mateo's is actually tomorrow instead. Organized by Coalition Z: COALITION Z

Businesses all around me are boarding up.

Old 06-02-2020, 03:27 PM

881 posts, read 705,276 times
A non-violent protest is scheduled for the Richmond Civic Center tonight from 5 to 8. And then curfew starts at 8.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:14 PM

Have y'all heard the news, that the State of Minnesota has filed a human rights grievance against the Minneapolis police force, in order to run an investigation of their operations of the last 10 years, to look for "systemic discrimination"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or