U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 11:49 AM

20,619 posts, read 20,211,872 times

Advertisements

It's very hard to be a Trump supporter post-corona virus. Any Trump supporter who has a brain or ounce of patriotism would move away from him. He literally thinks he knows more about medical issues than Dr. Fauci and the CDC and is willing to kill a hundred of thousand Americans in hopes the economy will stay afloat until the election. Talking about patriotism, it's laughable any time Trump supporter throws the anti-patriotism remark when a Confederate statue is torn down yet say, "oh it's perfectly fine if 200,000 Americans die in order to kick the inevitable recession slightly further down the road." Yeah... taking down a statue is more unpatriotic than killing thousands upon thousands of fellow Americans to them. Ridiculous and has turned this once Trump supporter and moderate to switch teams this election. Allow Republicans to realize there is still a party without Trump, so in 2024, someone like Kasich can run. If Republicans stick with Trump then the entire party will be destroyed for quite some time. The Senate was supposed to remain in GOP control guaranteed and now it's very very very likely to turn blue.
Rate this post positively

Old 07-08-2020, 12:22 PM

880 posts, read 703,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
The only members of the Republican party with an ounce of morality have been largely marginalized (Romney, previously McCain). Its a shame that the Republicans have strayed so far away from their core message as they've been hijacked by the alt-right.
This is what surprises me. Trump is so far away from the moral conservative platform but somehow gets their support. I guess power corrupts. Of course it'll come back to haunt the Republican party in the future.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:30 PM

16,994 posts, read 9,566,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
It's very hard to be a Trump supporter post-corona virus. Any Trump supporter who has a brain or ounce of patriotism would move away from him. He literally thinks he knows more about medical issues than Dr. Fauci and the CDC and is willing to kill a hundred of thousand Americans in hopes the economy will stay afloat until the election. Talking about patriotism, it's laughable any time Trump supporter throws the anti-patriotism remark when a Confederate statue is torn down yet say, "oh it's perfectly fine if 200,000 Americans die in order to kick the inevitable recession slightly further down the road." Yeah... taking down a statue is more unpatriotic than killing thousands upon thousands of fellow Americans to them. Ridiculous and has turned this once Trump supporter and moderate to switch teams this election. Allow Republicans to realize there is still a party without Trump, so in 2024, someone like Kasich can run. If Republicans stick with Trump then the entire party will be destroyed for quite some time. The Senate was supposed to remain in GOP control guaranteed and now it's very very very likely to turn blue.
Well said. +1

Old 07-08-2020, 12:31 PM

Conservative Columnist George Will Thinks It's Time For GOP Reboot
https://www.npr.org/2020/06/04/86928...for-gop-reboot

Old 07-08-2020, 12:55 PM

1,357 posts, read 847,355 times
I plan to do the same thing this coming election, as I did in the 2016 election......vote for neither candidate for President. I did not drink the Kool-Aid in regard to Trump during the 2016 election season. I also changed my party affiliation from R to I. How he handled the Covid -19 pandemic was the last straw for me

Old 07-08-2020, 01:12 PM

48 posts, read 17,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Trump hasn't done anything? Ridiculous. I would agree that he didn't START racism. But, he has made it more acceptable to a portion of society, who would've previously just discussed these things behind closed doors.
Name me one thing that Trump has done that has made it "acceptable" for all the racists to come out. The dude before Covid had the best labour market for black people, something the Libs have always failed despite claiming to be caring for black people.

Quote:
He's made it acceptable for them to be more aggressive and violent in their tactics. He's fueled the fire.
The libs have done this to themselves with being violent and attacking conservatives during the Obama Administration. Tough luck experiencing pay back.

Quote:
Yes, social media has exposed this and that's a good thing. Its our only form of checks and balances given that his alt-right colleagues have either condoned his behavior or pretended to look the other way. The only members of the Republican party with an ounce of morality have been largely marginalized (Romney, previously McCain). Its a shame that the Republicans have strayed so far away from their core message as they've been hijacked by the alt-right.
What alt right? the alt right is dead and has been since all the figures in that scene were either Feds (Richard Spencer) or they were dumb enough to be out in Charlottesville and hangout with trashy neo-Nazis.

and lol on you praising those cuckservatives of McCain and Romney; those 2 losers are nothing but corporate puppets who deserve to lose and get humiliated by Trump.

Old 07-08-2020, 01:15 PM

48 posts, read 17,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Roffhmfslmmfao ... self-contradiction of the decade ...
Typical arrogance you have Tule; your years have been getting on your intellectual capabilities there old man?

Old 07-08-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonezman765 View Post
Typical arrogance you have Tule; your years have been getting on your intellectual capabilities there old man?
This entire thread premise and your every statement portrays you as a “True Believer”. Too funny.

Old 07-08-2020, 02:24 PM

880 posts, read 703,423 times
Quote:
Name me one thing that Trump has done that has made it "acceptable" for all the racists to come out. The dude before Covid had the best labour market for black people, something the Libs have always failed despite claiming to be caring for black people.

The libs have done this to themselves with being violent and attacking conservatives during the Obama Administration. Tough luck experiencing pay back.

What alt right? the alt right is dead and has been since all the figures in that scene were either Feds (Richard Spencer) or they were dumb enough to be out in Charlottesville and hangout with trashy neo-Nazis.

and lol on you praising those cuckservatives of McCain and Romney; those 2 losers are nothing but corporate puppets who deserve to lose and get humiliated by Trump.
Wow, willful ignorance is something else, isn't it? I suggest getting your news beyond sources like the Trump re-election campaign. Even my hardcore conservative family members have issues with Trump, including ones who supported him as recently as earlier this year.

Old 07-08-2020, 02:43 PM

20,619 posts, read 20,211,872 times
Quote:
Name me one thing that Trump has done that has made it "acceptable" for all the racists to come out. The dude before Covid had the best labour market for black people, something the Libs have always failed despite claiming to be caring for black people..
If you have been in these forums awhile then you know I was overall happy with Trump’s performance and defended him on multiple issues. I say this so you know I’m not another far left liberal.

For me his handling of the virus was terrible, his constant contradictions with medical experts made it appalling, I even talked my friend who was living in South Korea when it was spiking there to move back to the US thinking we would be safer, anyways and then Floyd happened and Trump’s reaction was the icing on the cake that not only could I no longer defend him, I couldn’t support him and will vote Blue across the board in protest to send a clear message to the Republican Party, leave Trump if you want any future.

Trump literally tweeted a video of a couple in the Villages shouting “WHITE POWER WHITE POWER” he has lumped protesters together with thugs, rioters, looters, criminals, low lives. Our brave soldiers have paid with blood for our right to peacefully protest. Listen, I hate the looters and rioters, but like Mad Dog Mattis said, this is the first time in his life or mine where the president doesn’t even pretend to try to unite the country. I am not a sheep, I am not a blind supporter or follower, if Trump were to shoot somebody on 5th Ave I wouldn’t support him. And in this case, the complete disregard for American life, the pouring of fuel on a fire at the heart of our nation is unacceptable.

If AOC was the nominee, then I can understand being torn between the extreme right or extreme left, but Biden is not the extreme left, nor is the majority of Democrats. Trump is literally pushing out people from the Republican Party like myself. I actually switched my voting registration from Republican to Democrat last month. He is kicking out respectable Republican generals, economists, etc. Trump is destroying the party, I hope you understand that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or