U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 12:08 PM

80 posts, read 30,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
I agree with this, which is why Trump's narrative of serving the black community well is not accurate.

I just find Trump so toxic and polarizing. Anything he's done economically pre-COVID was merely for short-term growth to stir up his polling numbers. Funny that Republicans have traditionally been the party of fiscal conservatism but the tax cuts magnified the budget deficit.

Normally, I'd be all for the spending to support COVID, but it seems most of the funds went to Trump's supporters and not many of the small businesses that actually needed the funds. So much corruption in this administration, so much for draining the swamp.

I don't LOVE Biden, to be honest. However, anything is a step up from Trump at this point. He's done so much irreparable damage to the country, its amazing that many folks cannot see this.
So much corruption in both parties. One day there will be a third party, doubtful in my lifetime. I agree with the tax cuts. While they helped most people, it artificially propped up the market and didn’t do what it was intended to, but those that understand economics knew it would be a short-term fix.

We were able to get a PPP loan. There were plenty of others that shouldn’t have. I think Pelosi’s husband’s company received funds, but they said he was just an investor so I’ll give a pass on that one. However, hypocrite De Niro’s Nobu restaurant received $27M PPP. I believe they’re going though the audits now for the PPP program and finding these things out.

Biden really is an idiot and not too bright. Not saying Trump is, but Biden was at the bottom of his law school class 76 out of 85 and plagiarized while in law school. I had a classmate kicked out of law school for plagiarism, but I suppose Syracuse must give free passes especially back in the 60’s, while my days were late 80’s/early 90’s. Plus I doubt anyone was really beating down the door to attend Syracuse Law back in the 60’s. Also, he plagiarizes speeches and has been called on it. Now, supposedly his platform is being almost copied and pasted from Bernie’s. Haven’t verified that yet.

Not trying to change anyone’s mind, but it is pretty pathetic that we have these two candidates to choose from to be at the top of the free world. Boy, our bar has been lowered to the ground.

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/09/18/u...alevolent.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...013_story.html

https://youtu.be/fmuAB5MqP0Y
Rate this post positively

Old 07-09-2020, 12:12 PM

18,979 posts, read 8,946,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
It's very hard to be a Trump supporter post-corona virus. Any Trump supporter who has a brain or ounce of patriotism would move away from him. He literally thinks he knows more about medical issues than Dr. Fauci and the CDC and is willing to kill a hundred of thousand Americans in hopes the economy will stay afloat until the election. Talking about patriotism, it's laughable any time Trump supporter throws the anti-patriotism remark when a Confederate statue is torn down yet say, "oh it's perfectly fine if 200,000 Americans die in order to kick the inevitable recession slightly further down the road." Yeah... taking down a statue is more unpatriotic than killing thousands upon thousands of fellow Americans to them. Ridiculous and has turned this once Trump supporter and moderate to switch teams this election. Allow Republicans to realize there is still a party without Trump, so in 2024, someone like Kasich can run. If Republicans stick with Trump then the entire party will be destroyed for quite some time. The Senate was supposed to remain in GOP control guaranteed and now it's very very very likely to turn blue.
Kasich didn’t have that many votes when he ran. Time to give it up.

Old 07-09-2020, 12:14 PM

Quote:
If you have been in these forums awhile then you know I was overall happy with Trump’s performance and defended him on multiple issues. I say this so you know I’m not another far left liberal.

For me his handling of the virus was terrible, his constant contradictions with medical experts made it appalling, I even talked my friend who was living in South Korea when it was spiking there to move back to the US thinking we would be safer, anyways and then Floyd happened and Trump’s reaction was the icing on the cake that not only could I no longer defend him, I couldn’t support him and will vote Blue across the board in protest to send a clear message to the Republican Party, leave Trump if you want any future.

Trump literally tweeted a video of a couple in the Villages shouting “WHITE POWER WHITE POWER” he has lumped protesters together with thugs, rioters, looters, criminals, low lives. Our brave soldiers have paid with blood for our right to peacefully protest. Listen, I hate the looters and rioters, but like Mad Dog Mattis said, this is the first time in his life or mine where the president doesn’t even pretend to try to unite the country. I am not a sheep, I am not a blind supporter or follower, if Trump were to shoot somebody on 5th Ave I wouldn’t support him. And in this case, the complete disregard for American life, the pouring of fuel on a fire at the heart of our nation is unacceptable.

If AOC was the nominee, then I can understand being torn between the extreme right or extreme left, but Biden is not the extreme left, nor is the majority of Democrats. Trump is literally pushing out people from the Republican Party like myself. I actually switched my voting registration from Republican to Democrat last month. He is kicking out respectable Republican generals, economists, etc. Trump is destroying the party, I hope you understand that.
Protesters are thugs, they even ignored Dr. Fauci’s prediction that they would help the virus to surge. What do you say about that.

Old 07-09-2020, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSD88 View Post
So much corruption in both parties. One day there will be a third party, doubtful in my lifetime. I agree with the tax cuts. While they helped most people, it artificially propped up the market and didn’t do what it was intended to, but those that understand economics knew it would be a short-term fix.

We were able to get a PPP loan. There were plenty of others that shouldn’t have. I think Pelosi’s husband’s company received funds, but they said he was just an investor so I’ll give a pass on that one. However, hypocrite De Niro’s Nobu restaurant received $27M PPP. I believe they’re going though the audits now for the PPP program and finding these things out.

Biden really is an idiot and not too bright. Not saying Trump is, but Biden was at the bottom of his law school class 76 out of 85 and plagiarized while in law school. I had a classmate kicked out of law school for plagiarism, but I suppose Syracuse must give free passes especially back in the 60’s, while my days were late 80’s/early 90’s. Plus I doubt anyone was really beating down the door to attend Syracuse Law back in the 60’s. Also, he plagiarizes speeches and has been called on it. Now, supposedly his platform is being almost copied and pasted from Bernie’s. Haven’t verified that yet.

Not trying to change anyone’s mind, but it is pretty pathetic that we have these two candidates to choose from to be at the top of the free world. Boy, our bar has been lowered to the ground.

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/09/18/u...alevolent.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...013_story.html

https://youtu.be/fmuAB5MqP0Y
He is copying Trump now, buy America. He’s even copying Sanders, he uses words like Transformation now.

Old 07-09-2020, 03:51 PM

2,565 posts, read 4,182,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSD88 View Post
Biden really is an idiot and not too bright. Not saying Trump is, but Biden was at the bottom of his law school class 76 out of 85 and plagiarized while in law school.
C'mon, do you really think that Biden isn't any smarter than Trump? That made me laugh.

At the very least, I have confidence that Biden will surround himself with smart people, who help counter-balance his weaknesses. Trump, on the other hand, has gotten rid of anyone with half a brain and replaced them with robotic yes-men.

Old 07-09-2020, 06:16 PM

5,250 posts, read 6,785,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Protesters are thugs, they even ignored Dr. Fauci’s prediction that they would help the virus to surge. What do you say about that.
No, LOOTERS/RIOTERS are thugs.

Old 07-09-2020, 06:19 PM

5,250 posts, read 6,785,699 times
Quote:
if you have been in these forums awhile then you know i was overall happy with trump’s performance and defended him on multiple issues. I say this so you know i’m not another far left liberal.

For me his handling of the virus was terrible, his constant contradictions with medical experts made it appalling, i even talked my friend who was living in south korea when it was spiking there to move back to the us thinking we would be safer, anyways and then floyd happened and trump’s reaction was the icing on the cake that not only could i no longer defend him, i couldn’t support him and will vote blue across the board in protest to send a clear message to the republican party, leave trump if you want any future.

Trump literally tweeted a video of a couple in the villages shouting “white power white power” he has lumped protesters together with thugs, rioters, looters, criminals, low lives. Our brave soldiers have paid with blood for our right to peacefully protest. Listen, i hate the looters and rioters, but like mad dog mattis said, this is the first time in his life or mine where the president doesn’t even pretend to try to unite the country. I am not a sheep, i am not a blind supporter or follower, if trump were to shoot somebody on 5th ave i wouldn’t support him. And in this case, the complete disregard for american life, the pouring of fuel on a fire at the heart of our nation is unacceptable.

If aoc was the nominee, then i can understand being torn between the extreme right or extreme left, but biden is not the extreme left, nor is the majority of democrats. Trump is literally pushing out people from the republican party like myself. I actually switched my voting registration from republican to democrat last month. He is kicking out respectable republican generals, economists, etc. Trump is destroying the party, i hope you understand that.
+1

Old 07-09-2020, 09:14 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,836,471 times
The trump administration pandemic planning and response to covid19 demonstrated ineptitude,poor decision making, failed governance and inadequate leadership that is epic in its scope.

Countries like Germany Canada Australia and South Korea began early aggressively testing,contact tracing ,surveillance testing and mandating social isolation that limited the spread in those countries. While the trump administration failed to prepare and downplayed the virus.

European countries like Italy England and France which also did not Prepare adequately have managed to decrease the spread of covid19 and are opening up. The EU Has also banned travelers from the USA because of trump’s poor leadership in regard to controlling the spread of coved19

We are in the same place we were as a country 3 months ago rising infections ,hospitals being overwhelmed American citizens dying.we are on the cusp of having to shut down again while trump is in denial and has his followers worried about confederate flags while hundreds of thousand of Americans are dying.no other developed western nation has failed so spectacularly in responding to the pandemic. Trumps poor governance and inept leadership has made the USA the object of derision and pity.

We are friggin banned from the EU! Think about it!

Old 07-09-2020, 11:21 PM

6,059 posts, read 3,231,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonezman765 View Post
you're saying that as if it's bad to live there (I dont live there).
It is way, way out there in the boonies. And there's harmful blue-green algae blooms in the the water there.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...cyanobacteria/

Old 07-10-2020, 08:01 PM

20,619 posts, read 20,211,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post

Allowing people to organize and protest is one of the biggest differences between a democracy and a dictatorship.

Republicans are forgetting their principles with Trump or I should say, Republicans are fleeing the party and the ones remaining are the ones who have forgotten Republican ideals. Trump has put his family and friends in high positions. Trump pardons criminals simply because they were loyal to him. He threatened to use the military against American citizens protesting. He literally put up a wall around the White House. I used to defend Trump when people called him a dictator, but lately, he is continuing the path towards a dictatorship. Don't follow him and don't let Trump destroy the Republican Party for the foreseeable future.

In regards to the protests, I believe the protests helped spread the virus, but this was a special moment that more than likely wouldn't have come up again for awhile, so I understand it. I think local governments should have mandated any person protesting must wear a face covering or face penalty though. And when people start looting, police should be allowed to take quick action to arrest all involved. What people don't understand is you don't have to be all or nothing regarding the virus. You can have most of the economy running as long as masks are mandated and enforced.

What I don't understand is Trump's refusal to wear a mask or mandate wearing a mask and why he would be pushing for crammed rallies during this time. I'm not a sheep. I hold people I vote for accountable. Maybe it's because I make a living from trading stocks, I will drop a stock when it becomes bad, likewise, I will drop someone I supported when they become bad as well. Trump has failed miserably in 2020 and if he were to have said, "I was wrong, I should have mandated masks, I should have used my voice to make positive change, I should have united the country after Floyd, etc" then I would have probably kept going on with him... but he has made it crystal clear... he is doubling down, in fact, tripling down on his poor decisions, so I will do everything I can to make sure Trump isn't re-elected and that Republicans know if you follow Trump, there is no future for the party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or