Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 03:36 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,659,938 times

Advertisements

I’ve thought more about this after connecting with a former co-worker... they live in Idaho and mentioned just about all their neighbors are California ex-pats with a few new ads this year... one each from Seattle and Portland...

Old 07-12-2020, 04:55 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,814,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I’ve thought more about this after connecting with a former co-worker... they live in Idaho and mentioned just about all their neighbors are California ex-pats with a few new ads this year... one each from Seattle and Portland...

A neighbor I would talk with from time to time, put her home/bldg up for sale (it's a bldg in SF that she owns consisting of 2 flats and she lived in one of the flats) moved to Idaho this past week.

Old 07-12-2020, 07:16 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,659,938 times
Since I posted I found out my brother and his wife are scouting Idaho next week...

His college roommate moved there 5 years ago and is repeatedly invited them to visit... brother's friend is retired Bay Area police officer and whereas Nevada was very popular for LEO retirement it seems Idaho is even more popular... his friend said he is always running into people from the Bay Area.

Old 07-12-2020, 07:28 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
One can only hope that ½ of all California residents will move to Idaho.

Old 07-12-2020, 08:12 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,248,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
I plan to do the same thing this coming election, as I did in the 2016 election......vote for neither candidate for President. I did not drink the Kool-Aid in regard to Trump during the 2016 election season. I also changed my party affiliation from R to I. How he handled the Covid -19 pandemic was the last straw for me
Yep. Same here. Sadly both parties keep putting out awful candidates.

Old 07-12-2020, 08:51 PM

629 posts, read 619,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Since I posted I found out my brother and his wife are scouting Idaho next week...

His college roommate moved there 5 years ago and is repeatedly invited them to visit... brother's friend is retired Bay Area police officer and whereas Nevada was very popular for LEO retirement it seems Idaho is even more popular... his friend said he is always running into people from the Bay Area.
Pass along this from the locals: Dont try to vote in what you’re running from. They’re proud there, and are not thrilled by Californians trying to change a great state because “we did it different in California.”

Old 07-12-2020, 08:53 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,780,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
It's very hard to be a Trump supporter post-corona virus. Any Trump supporter who has a brain or ounce of patriotism would move away from him. He literally thinks he knows more about medical issues than Dr. Fauci and the CDC and is willing to kill a hundred of thousand Americans in hopes the economy will stay afloat until the election. Talking about patriotism, it's laughable any time Trump supporter throws the anti-patriotism remark when a Confederate statue is torn down yet say, "oh it's perfectly fine if 200,000 Americans die in order to kick the inevitable recession slightly further down the road." Yeah... taking down a statue is more unpatriotic than killing thousands upon thousands of fellow Americans to them. Ridiculous and has turned this once Trump supporter and moderate to switch teams this election. Allow Republicans to realize there is still a party without Trump, so in 2024, someone like Kasich can run. If Republicans stick with Trump then the entire party will be destroyed for quite some time. The Senate was supposed to remain in GOP control guaranteed and now it's very very very likely to turn blue.
Please correct me if I am wrong. If I recall, you have family ties in China right? US and China relationship is at a low point because Trump went after China for unfair trade practices and IP thief which have cost the US billions of dollars and countless jobs. I totally understand why you would not vote for him give the current US/China relationship.

The virus that you criticizes Trump for came from China, by the way.

Last edited by davidt1; 07-12-2020 at 09:25 PM..

Old 07-14-2020, 03:14 AM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonezman765 View Post
Lol nah; Trump is awesome and better than any Democrat. Trolls the libs like no other and terrorizes them.
Donald Trump, Junior would make a far better President.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonezman765 View Post
where you guys at here in Bay Area? I know the Bay is extremely anti Trump (I'm born and raised here and have always been a right winger; the true resistance here) but I know there's some out here.
All I know is the 3 family members we have or had living in Ca have all left because partly politics. One moved to AZ, one is building in AZ and one moved to the southern part of Or which is not nearly as liberal as the rest of OR. One of my husbands best friends who was in our wedding 60 plus years ago just left with his wife and moved here to AR. His son and family, as well as his daughter and husband did the same.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketch89 View Post
If you actually "Support Trump" you should reconsider your personal morals and values... but the highest concentration of "Republican voters" is are in Solano (31% in 2016), Napa (28%), and Contra Costa (24%) counties.
Morals and values, lets not forget Mr Biden who doesn't know the difference between truth and fiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland