Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-05-2008, 04:15 PM
 
67 posts, read 518,961 times
Reputation: 39

Advertisements

A quick question regarding studio apartments in SF. Does anyone know of any studios that have a washer/dryer furnished right in the unit? Or is that more common in apartments with actual "bedrooms"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-05-2008, 04:27 PM
 
Location: San Jose, CA
7,688 posts, read 29,204,116 times
Reputation: 3631
It's not common in any kind of smaller apartment in the city. In fact, it's considered a plus if you even get coin-op machines in the lobby. Sometimes you come across in-law units that have a machine in the garage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2008, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Northern California
3,722 posts, read 14,749,390 times
Reputation: 1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
It's not common in any kind of smaller apartment in the city. In fact, it's considered a plus if you even get coin-op machines in the lobby. Sometimes you come across in-law units that have a machine in the garage.
He's right. You'll have to visit a laundromat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2008, 09:04 PM
 
Location: In the Redwoods
30,438 posts, read 52,088,616 times
Reputation: 23952
Yup... this is the first time I've had a washer & dryer in like 10 years, and that's only because it's an official HOUSE. Units (or even hook-ups) are rare inside an apartment, and consider yourself lucky if you even get a place with a laundry room. Good news - there are TONS of laundromats in the city, and some of them even serve liquor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2008, 09:26 AM
 
67 posts, read 518,961 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yup... this is the first time I've had a washer & dryer in like 10 years, and that's only because it's an official HOUSE. Units (or even hook-ups) are rare inside an apartment, and consider yourself lucky if you even get a place with a laundry room. Good news - there are TONS of laundromats in the city, and some of them even serve liquor.
Hilarious! This may seem ignorant/nieve, but do people without laundry facilities in their apt bldg therefore just walk down the streets of SF with all their dirty laundry, en route to a laundromat? I'd be so embarrassed! How much do the laundromats usually charge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2008, 10:49 AM
 
Location: San Jose, CA
7,688 posts, read 29,204,116 times
Reputation: 3631
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj88 View Post
Hilarious! This may seem ignorant/nieve, but do people without laundry facilities in their apt bldg therefore just walk down the streets of SF with all their dirty laundry, en route to a laundromat? I'd be so embarrassed!
Yep, you get a little cart and wheel it down to the local laundromat..

Quote:
How much do the laundromats usually charge?
I haven't been to a laundromat in the city limits, but I think $1.50 a load is close to the going rate, then a quarter for 15 minutes of drying time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:03 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top