Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2021, 01:42 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,346,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Considering the point of mentioning Sunnyvale and San Mateo seemed to go completely over your head and lead to an unrelated tangent it comes off as defensive.

Then why did you literally mention how "unique" they are or are not:

Oh ok, so you like beating a dead horse...got it.
Lmfao sav ... how many posts have you made in the coronavirus thread/. And especially about CV and school closures? Yeah, you don’t revisit themes much lololol ...

Sunnyvale and San Mateo are no different than any number of other enclaves across the nation being touched by increasing crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2021, 01:54 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Lmfao sav ... how many posts have you made in the coronavirus thread/. And especially about CV and school closures? Yeah, you don’t revisit themes much lololol ...

Sunnyvale and San Mateo are no different than any number of other enclaves across the nation being touched by increasing crime.
The difference being that others are actually discussing what I'm talking about. I was never suggesting or discussing a crime wave being unique to the Bay Area and have explicitly said I don't think it is already. So why you decided to bring it up again is beyond me.

Great....this is a Bay Area crime thread, not a national one so not sure what that even matters.

Old 05-18-2021, 01:57 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
His reply was a defensive reaction to an argument no one was making and you're pretty much doing the same thing. The defensive accusation is pretty ironic considering the mere mention of crimes here will put some of you in automatic defense mode and start talking about something I was never suggesting. But here we go again....

We already went over this earlier in the thread so I'm not really sure why we are again at this point. I'm not saying this crime spike or these crimes in general overall are unique to the Bay Area, though some appear to be, so I don't know why you and others keep trying to steer the conversation towards that. The crimes I post are specific to the Bay Area and no where else so not sure why you think it belongs in the CA forum.
Ok, next time I respond to one of your posts I will DM you first to make sure it's ok

Old 05-18-2021, 02:05 PM

Quote:
The difference being that others are actually discussing what I'm talking about. I was never suggesting or discussing a crime wave being unique to the Bay Area and have explicitly said I don't think it is already. So why you decided to bring it up again is beyond me.

Great....this is a Bay Area crime thread, not a national one so not sure what that even matters.
Lots of things seem to be beyond you sav. . You say “not sure why” to others in the majority of your post responses.

And, once again, I never said you said crime was unique to the Bay Area. ‘Not sure why’ you keep getting defensive about that. .

All I’m doing is providing perspective to the Bay Area crime trajectory. ‘Not sure why’ that seems to be such a threat to you?

Old 05-18-2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Ok, next time I respond to one of your posts I will DM you first to make sure it's ok
Or maybe just pay attention or don't read so much into posts. Nothing in my post suggested anything about a "unique crime wave" in the Bay Area.

Old 05-18-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Lots of things seem to be beyond you sav. . You say “not sure why” to others in the majority of your post responses.

And, once again, I never said you said crime was unique to the Bay Area. ‘Not sure why’ you keep getting defensive about that. .

All I’m doing is providing perspective to the Bay Area crime trajectory. ‘Not sure why’ that seems to be such a threat to you?
You brought it up out of nowhere:
Quote:
Well, I could go on ... as you know
But I think that 2 minutes says something about how unique the “Bay Area crime” wave is ... or isn’t ...
Yes we know, another whataboutism... LOL

Old 05-18-2021, 04:14 PM

Quote:
You brought it up out of nowhere:

Yes we know, another whataboutism... LOL
Do I need your permission to make a point? LOL. I was, as I’ve said, providing perspective ... since you haven’t been. Not sure why you don’t see that other readers might (mis)interpret your postings as suggesting there is something unique about crime in the Bay Area given that you never tie any relativity to your postings. My perspective never suggests you think Bay Area crime is unique. It merely clarifies your apparent understanding that it’s not (unique). Right? Just helping you out here, sav. Not sure why you don’t appreciate my efforts.

Old 05-18-2021, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Do I need your permission to make a point? LOL. I was, as I’ve said, providing perspective ... since you haven’t been. Not sure why you don’t see that other readers might (mis)interpret your postings as suggesting there is something unique about crime in the Bay Area given that you never tie any relativity to your postings. My perspective never suggests you think Bay Area crime is unique. It merely clarifies your apparent understanding that it’s not (unique). Right? Just helping you out here, sav. Not sure why you don’t appreciate my efforts.
Of course not, people post their whataboutisms all the time here.

Sure, others have and you've quickly pounced on them for doing so. So I guess it's just a little confusing why you did to my post if apparently you are aware that I don't think a crime wave is unique to the Bay Area. Maybe you should wait until someone actually says something that suggests that next time because then it really it has no point and actually even confused another poster and lead them to think I was suggesting that. Honestly it just caused way more trouble.

Old 05-18-2021, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Of course not, people post their whataboutisms all the time here.

Sure, others have and you've quickly pounced on them for doing so. So I guess it's just a little confusing why you did to my post if apparently you are aware that I don't think a crime wave is unique to the Bay Area. Maybe you should wait until someone actually says something that suggests that next time because then it really it has no point and actually even confused another poster and lead them to think I was suggesting that. Honestly it just caused way more trouble.
Oh no sav. No no no. Proactive is good ... nip things in the bud, you know.

Old 05-18-2021, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Oh no sav. No no no. Proactive is good ... nip things in the bud, you know.
Clearly hasn't been working out on this thread....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland