Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2021, 10:28 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
[It's not]

I'm just modeling the very same kind of behavior you're displaying in a vain attempt to get it to finally sink in. In other words: maybe if I complain about your incessant complaining, you'll realize how dumb it all is...Probably not

That said, if you don't like the Bay Area/California, which given your extensive posting history seems pretty obvious, YOU have the choice to leave and never ever come back. It may not sound/feel like the most perfect solution to your problems, but who knows? Give it a try!
Ok? You seemed overly obsessed with me btw. It's just a website, not that serious.

There's always the ignore feature you know? Give it a try!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 01:48 PM

2,082 posts, read 923,945 times
Interesting……

San Francisco D.A.’s Aide Likens Those Concerned With City’s ‘Crime Surge’ To KKK Members, Locks Twitter Account

A top aide for San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin locked her Twitter account earlier this week after appearing to mock a constituent who had expressed concerns about crime in the city.

Kate Chatfield, Boudin’s senior director for legislation and policy, reportedly set her account to private mode “hours after comparing political opponents to ‘The Birth of a Nation,’ a highly controversial 1915 film that depicts Ku Klux Klan members as heroes,” according to SFGate.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/san-f...witter-account

Old 07-08-2021, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Interesting……

San Francisco D.A.’s Aide Likens Those Concerned With City’s ‘Crime Surge’ To KKK Members, Locks Twitter Account

A top aide for San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin locked her Twitter account earlier this week after appearing to mock a constituent who had expressed concerns about crime in the city.

Kate Chatfield, Boudin’s senior director for legislation and policy, reportedly set her account to private mode “hours after comparing political opponents to ‘The Birth of a Nation,’ a highly controversial 1915 film that depicts Ku Klux Klan members as heroes,” according to SFGate.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/san-f...witter-account
That's pretty much the go to now with some on the left; accuse someone of being racist anytime they criticize something.

Old 07-08-2021, 07:02 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,003,754 times

Old 07-09-2021, 06:57 PM

2,082 posts, read 923,945 times
Interesting……

Looting is so bad in liberal utopia San Francisco that stores are now locking up TOOTHPASTE!

https://notthebee.com/article/lootin...-up-toothpaste

Old 07-09-2021, 07:03 PM

21,724 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Interesting……

Looting is so bad in liberal utopia San Francisco that stores are now locking up TOOTHPASTE!

https://notthebee.com/article/lootin...-up-toothpaste
Have you been following this thread? Seems not. You might want to catch up (especially on the role of organized retail crime) before posting too many political parallels.

Old 07-09-2021, 08:28 PM

Well SF is the only place on the entire country Targets are closing early due to shoplifting so we are a little bit special

Old 07-10-2021, 11:21 AM

830 posts, read 486,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Have you been following this thread? Seems not. You might want to catch up (especially on the role of organized retail crime) before posting too many political parallels.
What did he miss?

Old 07-10-2021, 11:46 AM

13,684 posts, read 7,973,244 times
Quote:
What's happening in San Francisco goes far beyond 'shoplifting

San Francisco has gone in a different direction. It seems to have become the "shoplifting" capital of America. This honor goes along with its long having been the capital of America for car break-ins. It's so bad that I know suburbanites who refuse to drive in the city.

The latest "shoplifting" video is an impressive one, showing a whole gang of thieves racing out of San Francisco's Neiman Marcus store on Union Square, clutching what appears to be thousands of dollars in handbags:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...oplifting.html

I owned property in SF for many years but it was clear by 2019 the city was experiencing "problems." I spent 6 weeks getting my home in the Sunset ready to sell and during this time I joined the next-door web site for recommended vendors. Here I read the complaints from those having recently bought in SF and were shocked at the poor city services. As well as those who were paying over 20 grand a year in property taxes only to have a homeless person camped out a block or two away.

There was also talk about volunteering to help in the underperforming schools as well as improving diversity. Unfortunately, the residents in the Mission and Bay View area didn't want their input and had no intentions of sending their children across the city for diversity reasons. The newbies to SF and their "we can do this" upbeat attitude weren't welcome.

Last but not least were the complaints by some in the tech industry that were tired of being blamed for the extreme cost of housing.

All I wanted was to sell while the going was still good which I did in March of 2019. Had I continued renting the property it's a good bet my tenants would have stopped paying rent in 2020 and today it would but impossible to get them out.

Massive shopping theft and car break-ins have become the norm. But more troubling has been the increase of robbery/assaults on BART.

Last edited by john3232; 07-10-2021 at 12:00 PM..

Old 07-10-2021, 01:25 PM

579 posts, read 511,129 times
Police chiefs act on the policies of city managers and city councils at large, and to a slightly lesser extent the District Attorney.

This will determine everything from what is a priority to what what is ignored. It will determine whether or not you have a pro active police force or a reactive police force that bounces from call to call.

The bay area tends to vote Democrat, which is fine. But a good chunk of the Bay Area consists of a liberal wing, which has become increasingly hostile to police. This is reflected in local politics, which ultimately determines the type of police presence you will get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland