Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 06:30 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Uh, yeah. When they can do so with impunity. Have you seen the countless videos and news reports of brazen street, residential and retail crimes taking place in all areas of the city and Bay Area in the middle of the day surrounded by witnesses and cameras? If such formerly criminal actions are now deemed to be not chargeable offenses why in the world would this not be taking place?
They are still chargeable crimes /sigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2021, 06:35 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,631,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
It was a pretty simple question very easily answered before posing the unnecessarily inflammatory possibility that bulldog theft might be a “new California thing”. It takes maybe a minute to read reporting that reveals that expensive ‘designer dog breeds’ are theft targets across the nation and around the world. I’m actually surprised you went there thoughtlessly.

You can have your thread back now. Let the ‘dog pile’ on California resume!
Sure but like I ALREADY SAID, I didn't care that much to look it up. It was really besides the point too.

Quite a reach when a rather benign statement like "wonder if this is more of a CA thing" translates into a "dog pile" on CA. Man some of you are ultra sensitive about topics like this.

Old 03-04-2021, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Seems like the amount of crimes and types in SF/Oakland and the Bay Area in general have been getting much worse lately. Figured start a thread to see if others want to share stories/links.

SF resident and TV reporter robbed at gunpoint while filming story on crime

San Francisco resident Brad Tardy was preparing for an interview with KPIX-TV news reporter Don Ford Wednesday for a story on crime in his Twin Peaks neighborhood when they were robbed at gunpoint.

As they were standing at Twin Peaks Boulevard and Burnett Avenue in the middle of the afternoon, a white luxury car with four men pulled up next to them and three men hopped out, one of them holding a gun.

This type is fairly common around here though.
The four most dangerous cities in the US are:
1. Detroit
2. St Louis, Missouri
3. Memphis Tennessee
4. Baltimore Maryland
San Francisco is not even in the top 100 most dangerous Cities.

Old 03-04-2021, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
1. Detroit
2. St Louis, Missouri
3. Memphis Tennessee
4. Baltimore Maryland
Okay? I didn't suggest it was so not sure what you point with that is. I was more referring to the increase in crime as well as the types.

Old 03-04-2021, 06:55 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
1. Detroit
2. St Louis, Missouri
3. Memphis Tennessee
4. Baltimore Maryland
Really? I'm surprised nobody before you really cared to look that up ... well, not really surprised. I mean the whole point of the forum is to snark and kvetch regardless of topical accuracy, eh?

Old 03-04-2021, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Okay? I didn't suggest it was so not sure what you point with that is. I was more referring to the increase in crime as well as the types.
What was the increase in crime, I didn't look that up. And how does it compare to comparably sized cities?

Old 03-04-2021, 07:07 PM

Quote:
What was the increase in crime, I didn't look that up. And how does it compare to comparably sized cities?
Maybe you should have looked that up instead of something unrelated to my OP no? I'm not sure how it compares to other cities as that's not really a concern of mine with this thread. Does the fact that other cities have higher crime somehow make the ones that occur here any less of a crime or something? Really what is your point?

Old 03-04-2021, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Maybe you should have looked that up instead of something unrelated to my OP no? I'm not sure how it compares to other cities as that's not really a concern of mine with this thread. Does the fact that other cities have higher crime somehow make the ones that occur here any less of a crime or something? Really what is your point?
You brought it up, did you forget?

Quote:

Old 03-04-2021, 07:15 PM

Quote:
You brought it up, did you forget?
No, I am fully aware. I was asking what do other cities have to do with that?

Old 03-05-2021, 01:02 PM

68 posts, read 62,470 times
Some amateur musical artist was filming a music video in Vallejo when she was robbed. They pulled up stuck a gun to them and took all the equipment. She had just moved back to the area from nyc like a week before it happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland