Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2021, 01:47 PM

5,585 posts, read 5,015,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
San Francisco families no longer 'feel safe,' hire private security amid crime spree

More than 150 families living in San Francisco have hired private security to patrol their streets amid brazen property crimes, with some saying they no longer feel safe in their own neighborhood.

"We don’t feel safe in our neighborhood," resident Katie Lyons, told CBS SF. "And we have an alarm, we have cameras on our property, but we want the extra security of having someone have eyes on our place."

Lyons and other families hired patrol special officer Alan Byard to help patrol the streets of the city’s Marina District following repeated instances of car break-ins and home burglaries.
One million+ $$$ dollar homes/real estate and they still need extra security in addition to all of the above devices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2021, 05:56 PM

99 posts, read 231,723 times
Diversity and multiculturalism is a weapon used by the New World Order to assist with their ceaseless efforts of controlling a country and to eventually destroy Western civilization so that a hereditary elite-class can impose their one-world government that will start with the West then expand into adjacent territories until an East versus West scenario begins akin to the novel "1984."

Old 10-31-2021, 06:49 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedIdiot View Post
Diversity and multiculturalism is a weapon used by the New World Order to assist with their ceaseless efforts of controlling a country and to eventually destroy Western civilization so that a hereditary elite-class can impose their one-world government that will start with the West then expand into adjacent territories until an East versus West scenario begins akin to the novel "1984."
Love the screen name …

Old 11-01-2021, 11:14 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Safeway In Castro Cuts Hours Due To ‘Off The Charts’ Shoplifting; ‘It’s Sad, Upsetting And Frustrating’

The Castro Safeway on Market and Church Streets was open 24 hours, but that’s not the case any longer. Signs posted on its entrance state its new hours are 6 am to 9 pm, effective October 24.

Old 11-01-2021, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedIdiot View Post
We loved the NWO on TBS when WCW and WWF wars were going on in the 90's.

Old 11-10-2021, 06:20 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKFPGzomkUo

Old 11-21-2021, 11:54 AM

194 posts, read 190,394 times
I've never been to SF. But I've been seeing a lot of stories online lately about crime in SF.

My understanding is that SF has always been a safe city. I've lived in the Bronx and Cleveland, two places notorious for violence and urban decay, especially the Bronx when I lived there back in the day. I would never in a million years think that SF would be anything even remotely like that. I've imagined SF to be clean, upscale, and filled with wealthy people outside of areas like the Tenderloin.

Now I'm seeing videos of stores getting attacked and stripped, left and right. So, from a local's perspective, what's the deal? Is SF just experiencing typical or slightly elevated levels of urban property crime? Is SF a violent city? Have my thoughts about SF being safe been wrong?

Old 11-21-2021, 02:38 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplant99 View Post
I've never been to SF. But I've been seeing a lot of stories online lately about crime in SF.

My understanding is that SF has always been a safe city. I've lived in the Bronx and Cleveland, two places notorious for violence and urban decay, especially the Bronx when I lived there back in the day. I would never in a million years think that SF would be anything even remotely like that. I've imagined SF to be clean, upscale, and filled with wealthy people outside of areas like the Tenderloin.

Now I'm seeing videos of stores getting attacked and stripped, left and right. So, from a local's perspective, what's the deal? Is SF just experiencing typical or slightly elevated levels of urban property crime? Is SF a violent city? Have my thoughts about SF being safe been wrong?

it's not just SF

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...rdstrom-store/

Old 11-21-2021, 03:52 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
Right. It’s not just SF. And it’s not just even Bay Area, state, or nation. It’s called ORC: Organized Retail Crime. It is occurring and increasing across N America, Europe, and Australia / New Zealand. Much of it is an opportunistic consequence of internet sales which have created unlimited opportunities for individuals to run *discount* sales of products through e-bay, Amazon, and many other platforms.

Sleazy characters set themselves up as fences for select products and then recruit gangs of street creeps to loot and lift, smash and grab specific products on targeted lists. Specific stores are identified and cased. Product positions located and mapped for the looters.

Top cities in the US include: LA, SF, Chicago, NYC, Miami and more.

As for the many alarmist Bay Area and California bashers who opine that this ORC happens in the Bay and State because of lax law enforcement policies, it’s proving to be a huge conundrum everywhere, not just here. And, as it worsens, response protocols will have to change from non-confrontational to more aggressive.

Here’s what just occurred at the Vuitton store in Union Square SF the other day. Read about the cops chasing, smashing getaway car windshields with their batons and catching / arresting the raiders:

Louis Vuitton store in SF’s Union Square ‘emptied out’ by thieves; 6 arrested
https://www.foxnews.com/us/louis-vui...ieves-arrested

Old 11-21-2021, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplant99 View Post

If you come to SF stay out of the congested areas where all of the crime is at with businesses. Go to residential neighborhoods like Sunset, Mid-Town Terrace, Sea Cliff, St. Francis Woods or Richmond District.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland