Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2022, 02:57 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Yep, as if that supposed to make it any less jarring when it happens here. Their sidekick is probably digging into the Google archives right now looking for any frenchies stolen in Idaho lol.
Lol? Yes, quite … Spokane (on the Idaho border) a few days ago:

Spokane police reunite stolen puppy with owner, arrest 2 robbery suspects
UPDATED: Fri., Jan. 21, 2022

Spokane Police returned an 8-week-old French bulldog puppy to a robbery victim and arrested two juvenile suspects this week.

A male victim told police he’d been robbed at gunpoint of the dog, a PlayStation, cash and clothing on Tuesday by two others, according to a news release. Those two juveniles, who were not named by the police department, were arrested Wednesday and Thursday with the assistance of SWAT and the department’s Safe Streets Task Force.

Both suspects, who face charges of robbery, assault and unlawful possession of a firearm, have ties to gangs, the release said.

Police also seized four guns when arresting the suspects. One of the suspects had been released from juvenile detention on Jan. 1 after a nine-month sentence.

The dog was reunited with its owner, a police department spokeswoman said Friday evening.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...ith-owner-arr/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 03:05 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Lol? Yes, quite … Spokane (on the Idaho border) a few days ago:
So so close but sorry no cigar! Has to be IN Idaho lol.

Old 01-25-2022, 03:35 PM

Quote:
So so close but sorry no cigar! Has to be IN Idaho lol.
Ever been to Spokane? It is Idaho but for a couple miles. Problem with Idaho proper is only about a dozen people live there so slim pickins …

Old 01-25-2022, 05:03 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Yep, as if that supposed to make it any less jarring when it happens here. Their sidekick is probably digging into the Google archives right now looking for any frenchies stolen in Idaho lol.
Get over yourself. If you find the theft of a dog "jarring" you should get out more. Dogs are stolen all over the US, and it's not a recent phenomenon. What's new about some of these dogs is that two years ago they probably sold for $600 and now they sell for $6000

Old 01-25-2022, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Get over yourself. If you find the theft of a dog "jarring" you should get out more. Dogs are stolen all over the US, and it's not a recent phenomenon. What's new about some of these dogs is that two years ago they probably sold for $600 and now they sell for $6000
You must never have had a pet, that's so sad. Again not sure how a type of crime occurring elsewhere somehow makes a difference locally or why you keep bringing that obvious fact up.

Old 01-25-2022, 05:37 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
You must never have had a pet, that's so sad. Again not sure how a type of crime occurring elsewhere somehow makes a difference locally or why you keep bringing that obvious fact up.
Who said that I don't care about dogs? You're the one who seems to think that this is not worth talking about unless it happens in California the state you love to hate.

Old 01-25-2022, 05:45 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times
Quote:
Frenchys have always been expensive because the birthing has to be c section and they’re very popular. I used to have Boston Terriers which were called the poor man’s Frenchy. Stealing them off the streets is a fairly new thing because thieves discovered they’re a mellow friendly dog and won’t fight back.

If someone stole my dog I’d be very jarred and devastated

Old 01-25-2022, 06:09 PM

Here, not French Bulldog (because there probably aren’t any in Idaho) … but recent puppy theft in Idaho:

Thief steals livestock guard dog pups from Idaho ranch
By BRAD CARLSON Capital Press Feb 25, 2021
https://www.capitalpress.com/ag_sect...3c470391b.html

But point being: stealing puppies is nothing new all around the world. That said, I don’t mention this to diminish the thefts in California … just responding to the thread jibber-jabber.

Old 01-25-2022, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Who said that I don't care about dogs? You're the one who seems to think that this is not worth talking about unless it happens in California the state you love to hate.
You don't seem to find it jarring that people have had their dogs stolen. I would be devastated personally, you don't seem like you would care at all.

Well this is the "Sf/Bay Area Crime Thread" in the "San Francisco-Oakland" sub forum so this constant bringing up of other locations is rather off-topic don't you think? You know that have a General US sub-forum where people compare other parts of the country to each other. You're always telling people to go to the POC forum for off-topic posts. Maybe follow your own advice?

Old 01-25-2022, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [U
[/u]sav858;62772589] You don't seem to find it jarring that people have had their dogs stolen. I would be devastated personally, you don't seem like you would care at all.

Well this is the "Sf/Bay Area Crime Thread" in the "San Francisco-Oakland" sub forum so this constant bringing up of other locations is rather off-topic don't you think? You know that have a General US sub-forum where people compare other parts of the country to each other. You're always telling people to go to the POC forum for off-topic posts. Maybe follow your own advice?
You and sleepy and I several times in the past have gone round on this issue of whether there is value to including context of how crime in California stacks up with crime elsewhere. And here you are begging the question again with your little personal undertones of ridicule, and suggesting context is “off-topic”.

My ‘advice’ is that larger context is always both interesting and relevant … the antithesis of context would be myopia … don’t you think? … and thus, speaking for myself, I am following my own advice.

I also don’t agree that anything in what sleepy wrote could be interpreted as ‘not caring’ if her own dogs were stolen. That’s just you needlessly needling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland