Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2022, 08:53 PM

6,652 posts, read 3,433,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
80.3% Asian in Dublin. The victims have the last name of Tran, which is Vietnamese.

Where did you read that allegation? Not saying it isn't true, just want to read it myself. Do you have a link?

It was reported that the wife who was murdered was significantly younger than her husband (16 years younger than her husband) and she was only 8 years older than the murderer).

It was reported that he was "let go," not that he quit after failing probation.
Here's the link I used.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/alameda-co...ome-police-say

Quote:
Stockton Police Department Officer Joe Silva said Williams worked for the department there from Jan. 16, 2020 to Jan. 19, 2021. Silva said he could not say why Williams left the department, citing a "personnel matter."

Kelly added that Williams did not pass the probationary 1-year period at the Stockton Police Department, which he called pretty routine.
I may have assumed he quit.

Also,

Quote:
Investigators don't have a motive, but a source close to the investigation said police are looking into various possibilities, including allegations that Williams may have been having an affair with the wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2022, 10:26 PM

7,665 posts, read 5,376,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Here's the link I used.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/alameda-co...ome-police-say

I may have assumed he quit.

Also,
Thanks, I just read it. I am looking forward to more details in the coming days. It certainly isn't reassuring to read that "Kelly added that Williams did not pass the probationary 1-year period at the Stockton Police Department, which he called pretty routine."

I would hope it would not be routine to hire someone who has not passed probation in a similar position somewhere else, especially if that person will be given a service revolver.

Old 09-07-2022, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Thanks, I just read it. I am looking forward to more details in the coming days. It certainly isn't reassuring to read that "Kelly added that Williams did not pass the probationary 1-year period at the Stockton Police Department, which he called pretty routine."

I would hope it would not be routine to hire someone who has not passed probation in a similar position somewhere else, especially if that person will be given a service revolver.
Multiple news sources are saying there is a shortage of police academy applicants and the older guys are retiring early. So, they take what they can get. I guess BLM was successful.

From another site:

Quote:
This was hanging inside of Austin, TX PD's equipment section when I was turning in my gear last year.

Old 09-07-2022, 11:19 PM

29,420 posts, read 22,307,026 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72OIQqTiCpQ

Old 09-08-2022, 12:07 AM

7,665 posts, read 5,376,275 times
@Suburban_Guy

No physical description of the assailants even though they were up close and personal with the victim? Or does the news station just choose not to report such descriptions other than gender?

Old 09-08-2022, 01:09 PM

42,717 posts, read 25,880,492 times
Quote:
80.3% Asian in Dublin. The victims have the last name of Tran, which is Vietnamese.
I had not seen the last name in any of several articles when I questioned how the poster knew the victims were Asian.

Old 09-08-2022, 10:07 PM

10,136 posts, read 6,562,973 times
What?

Crime?

Oakland?

Vallejo?

Say it ain't so.

Wonder "how" they voted...or, how many times.

Old 09-09-2022, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Wow, the heart of Rockridge. That's some cajones. There used to be a kind of unwritten law that the thugs don't come that far north.

I guess the liberal white women of Rockridge will vote law-and-order now. lol

Old 09-09-2022, 02:45 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,785,817 times
Although Rockridge is generally one of the safer neighborhoods in Oakland, no area is immune. Sounds like some thugs were driving around looking for targets of opportunity to victimize. That license plate on that car.....may have been lifted from another car or the car was stolen

Old 09-22-2022, 06:55 PM

29,420 posts, read 22,307,026 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmn0AdUGaYU

Quote:
oscar yuen

2 days ago

It shows how much the government cares when a ceo speaks out and the officials send email of their concerns but ignore all the small businesses, asians, and families, who were in the similar situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland