Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2021, 10:00 PM

2,849 posts, read 4,521,584 times

Advertisements

I am looking for an investment person or a flipper in Sonoma County - I have a house that I want to sell as is, but it's not exactly livable at the moment (needs flooring, paint, etc). Does anyone know of a reputable person/company to use?

DM me any contact info you may have. TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2021, 08:19 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Do you want to rent a flipper? That's what it sounds like. The way properties like yours get flipped, is that they're put on the market "as is", and a flipper swoops down on them, then invests his time and money into it, to turn it into something profitable. Or you sell it to a RE agent who does the flipping. There are agents like that out there. I would guess, that in Sonoma, they shouldn't be hard to find. The north Bay Area is a hot market.

Old 03-28-2021, 09:06 PM

2,849 posts, read 4,521,584 times
The real estate agent my dad is dealing with is trying to tell him that the house is worth 300k as is. I'm sorry, there is no flipping way the house is work that little. With all the fires that came thru in the last few years, I know there is a housing shortage. Zillow says 600k, that that is assuming it's fixed up. The house itself is in good condition, new windows have already been installed, the roof is good. It just needs the finishing touches & I just want to get rid of the house. Not invest one more dime into it. No, I'm not impressed with his real estate agent

This is a fixer uppper opportunity & unfortunately, I don't know any reputable flippers in the area.

Old 03-29-2021, 09:15 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
The real estate agent my dad is dealing with is trying to tell him that the house is worth 300k as is. I'm sorry, there is no flipping way the house is work that little. With all the fires that came thru in the last few years, I know there is a housing shortage. Zillow says 600k, that that is assuming it's fixed up. The house itself is in good condition, new windows have already been installed, the roof is good. It just needs the finishing touches & I just want to get rid of the house. Not invest one more dime into it. No, I'm not impressed with his real estate agent

This is a fixer uppper opportunity & unfortunately, I don't know any reputable flippers in the area.
Has your dad spoken to a Zillow agent, or is that just what their site "Zestimates" the potential value of the place to be? It might be worthwhile to talk to a Zillow agent. If they're willing to, say, pay $475-$500K for the place, planning to spend some money on it and sell it for $600, it might be worthwhile.

Oh, and btw, OP, flippers don't do the flipping for you. There are no flippers-for-hire, that I know of. What you're looking for, I think, it a good contractor. And if permits would be needed, filing the paperwork and all would take time. What flippers do, is take a run-down, or out-of-date, or undervalued property off your hands by buying you out, then sink their own $$ into the project, with the objective of making a big profit off of it. They're motivated by making a windfall for themselves, not by helping you make the windfall.

Old 03-29-2021, 01:34 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,498,473 times
Your choice is to sell as-is for cheap or hire a contractor to fix it up and sell it at full market value. If you do not want to invest the time/money it takes to fix it up, then I recommend finding a good RE agent that specializes in selling fixers. You should have no trouble selling it either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland