Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 10:36 AM

8,667 posts, read 3,868,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Oracle is sponsoring the stadium, not the team.
Again, you clearly don't understand. Are you denying the Giants released from AT&T a year early (per their contract) and signed in a partnership with Oracle to the tune of $200M+ in 2019?

Quote:
And what saga was that relative to the topic of naming rights?
Do you even know what the Coliseum Stadium Authority is? I thought you lived in Oakland (and you were a big A's fan). ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2021, 10:41 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Again, you clearly don't understand. Are you denying the Giants released from AT&T a year early (per their contract) and signed in a partnership with Oracle to the tune of $200M+ in 2019?
Yes to name the STADIUM.
Quote:
Do you even know what the Coliseum Stadium Authority is? I thought you lived in Oakland (and you were a big A's fan). ;-)
Yes, what does that have to do with whatever convoluted point you seem to be trying to make? Never said I lived in Oakland either.

Old 06-03-2021, 11:14 AM

8,667 posts, read 3,868,982 times
Quote:
Yes to name the STADIUM.
Yes, what does that have to do with whatever convoluted point you seem to be trying to make? Never said I lived in Oakland either.
It's not convoluted if you understand what a corporate sponsorship is and how it's relevant to a team's bottom line (or the $200M+ contract the Giants have with Oracle).

To the contrary, just as with the Raiders previously, the A's do not benefit directly from the naming-rights deal. It's not a convoluted point - the distinction IS the point, lol!

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 06-03-2021 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-03-2021, 12:07 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
It's not convoluted if you understand what a corporate sponsorship is and how it's relevant to a team's bottom line (or the $200M+ contract the Giants have with Oracle).

To the contrary, just as with the Raiders previously, the A's do not benefit directly from the naming-rights deal. It's not a convoluted point - the distinction IS the point, lol!
It was convoluted because I was simply asking what you were referring to and somehow that turned into me not knowing what the Coliseum Authority is.

Old 06-03-2021, 03:13 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Boy View Post
I think the A's will stay. Vegas is apparently having trouble paying the 750 mil price tag for the Raiders. Having to dip into the rainy day fund to make recent payments. Field of Schemes – sports stadium news and analysis They will likely be reluctant to help finance an MLB stadium for the next couple of years at least.

The MLB will do the same thing the NBA did with Sacramento or NFL with San Diego. Put a plan together get it done, or the team reserves the right to find someone who will. The Council will pass it I think, and the A's will just need to deal with the fact that it was a close 5-4 vote.
Field of Schemes - a great site. I'm pretty hardnosed about sports teams shaking down taxpayers and am very skeptical about the so-called economic benefits of such projects.

Oakland and Alameda County have gotten the short end of the stick by getting stuck for the bill for expanding the Coliseum for the now departed Raiders, so it's not surprising they're very wary of the A's proposals. Wolff hasn't helped in the past with his attempts to move to Fremont or San Jose.

Old 06-04-2021, 02:00 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,227 times
Las Vegas A's

Old 07-19-2021, 02:52 AM

6,741 posts, read 6,730,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Las Vegas A's
Looks likes that what's coming. Team and MLB don't seem that interesting in staying in Oakland.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/18/s...las-vegas.html

Old 07-19-2021, 04:00 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Looks likes that what's coming. Team and MLB don't seem that interesting in staying in Oakland.

Not going to register just to read it but, re the bolded……..I hope so .

Old 07-19-2021, 06:16 PM

12 posts, read 10,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post

Good. Tax payers shouldnt pay for a billionaire’s stadium. They really dont help the community and. many cities can end up like St Louis with the team leaving them high and dry for a better deal. Vegas can pay for it if they want.

Old 07-20-2021, 06:42 PM

6,741 posts, read 6,730,607 times
More fighting between the team and city. In addition to wanting to beat the NBA to Las Vegas, MLB has seen what happens in small markets when the new stadium effect wears off. I don't think we're that far away from a relocation announcement.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...e-path-forward
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland